Rocketman (2019)

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia

There could not have been any collaboration between Elton John and the producers of this movie, as it is far from a flattering depiction of John as a film can get. It almost seems like a musical at times, but is much more of a biopic than a musical. It shows was a terrible father he had, as well as a distant mother. His real name is Reggie Dwight, but he picked Elton instead, and when considering a last name, stared at a picture of the Beatles and focused on John Lennon.

Elton had the total rock star life, the sex, drugs, and rock and roll, but his relationships were all very rocky and he was very depressed for much of the beginning of his career. The movie ends about halfway thru his career, you have to guess what period in time it is, but it is still very interesting, and the actor who plays John did a very good job and I believe he received rave reviews for his portrayal.

It is hard to find a more proflific solo musician with such successful musical career as Elton John. I can't think of anyone who comes close to his level of success.

Last edited:
I thought the movie sucked major ass.

Of course it did not help that it came out just after Bohemian Rhapsody which was excellent on all levels.

I noted that Yesterday (also 2019) is now showing on Netflix.....It's a very good musical comedy.

Lily James is to die for.

Lily-James.jpg

Some things you never forget, and I've never forgotten the very first two albums I ever bought were Elton John's Yellowbrick Road and Jim Croce's Greatest Hits. I guess it would have been around 1974, not exactly sure.

Some things you never forget, and I've never forgotten the very first two albums I ever bought were Elton John's Yellowbrick Road and Jim Croce's Greatest Hits. I guess it would have been around 1974, not exactly sure.
'73 for Yellowbrick Road.....I wore out the 8-Track cassette by and by in HS.

My GF at the time loved Harmony.

Ah, looked it up, Croce died in a plane crash in 1973 but it wasn't the O'Hare crash, he was on a chartered jet heading to a concert. He was only 30.

Elton John was awesome, until he wasn't.
Similar to the Rolling Stones, all the good stuff they did was only on a few albums, and allll the rest sucked.

There could not have been any collaboration between Elton John and the producers of this movie, as it is far from a flattering depiction of John as a film can get. It almost seems like a musical at times, but is much more of a biopic than a musical. It shows was a terrible father he had, as well as a distant mother. His real name is Reggie Dwight, but he picked Elton instead, and when considering a last name, stared at a picture of the Beatles and focused on John Lennon.

Elton had the total rock star life, the sex, drugs, and rock and roll, but his relationships were all very rocky and he was very depressed for much of the beginning of his career. The movie ends about halfway thru his career, you have to guess what period in time it is, but it is still very interesting, and the actor who plays John did a very good job and I believe he received rave reviews for his portrayal.

It is hard to find a more proflific solo musician with such successful musical career as Elton John. I can't think of anyone who comes close to his level of success.

Im not a huge fan but i seem to know the words of all the songs. I found the junkie story a bit tiring.
This is his greatest song covered by the most beaytiflul woman on the planet.

Forum List

Back