was Rock Hudson a fraud?

was Rock a fraud?

• yes

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • no

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
......Rock did tons of romantic movies .....of course he would not have gotten those parts if everyone knew he was a fruitcake homo

Like most of the homos that society embraces today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merica.
Land of the free...unless you’re gay or a minority or a woman.
We have made no progress in 50 years when it comes to equal rights.
This is what the right calls winning?
Pathetic.

you left out blacks? why?
obviously you are wrong
many entertainers come out as gay nowadays

Minority=Blacks.
Gays are seen as mentally ill by the right.
No progress.

Last edited:
......Rock did tons of romantic movies .....of course he would not have gotten those parts if everyone knew he was a fruitcake homo

Merica.
Pathetic.

obviously you are wrong
Most likely, there are fewer gay people among entertainers, proportionally speaking. Most gay people are in the closet, and it's very hard to keep a huge secret like that in a world that seems to be voraciously hungry to know all the details of the lives of celebrities, especially their romantic lives. Many celebrities say it's much easier to live with the truth than the lies.

Merica.
Pathetic.

obviously you are wrong

Minority=Blacks.
Gays are seen as mentally ill by the right.
No progress.

gays are mentally ill
Compared to heterosexuals, the report found gay men who killed themselves were likelier to have had a diagnosed mental health condition,
  • LGB youth seriously contemplate suicide at almost three times the rate of heterosexual youth.2
  • LGB youth are almost five times as likely to have attempted suicide compared to heterosexual youth.2
  • In a national study, 40% of transgender adults reported having made a suicide attempt. 92% of these individuals reported having attempted suicide before the age of 25.3
etc
Study highlights differences between gay, straight suicides
Facts About Suicide – The Trevor Project

Merica.
Pathetic.

obviously you are wrong
Most likely, there are fewer gay people among entertainers, proportionally speaking. Most gay people are in the closet, and it's very hard to keep a huge secret like that in a world that seems to be voraciously hungry to know all the details of the lives of celebrities, especially their romantic lives. Many celebrities say it's much easier to live with the truth than the lies.
but a lot more come out than when Hudson/Hunter/etc were entertainers

Merica.
Pathetic.

obviously you are wrong
When Hunter and Hudson were on top, very few people even knew what gay meant. To admit you were homosexual meant the end of your career. In the mid 20th century, it would have been more acceptable if you admitted to murder than being homosexual. Thus these major stars did not reveal anything about their sexuality. There was plenty of scandal and rumors but there was always scandal and rumors about Hollywood stars so the public payed little attention and they remained box office draws for decades.

Rock Hudson was so afraid of being discovered, he would send anonymous letters to lovers. When scandal of homosexuality arouse in the media, he or the studio arranged dates with gorgeous up and coming stars and fuel gossip about the pair. He was so deeply in the closet, he never made a public statement about his sexuality while he was alive. However, when he had aids he did reveal much to his closest friends.

Tab Hunter never admitted being homosexual until he was 75 years old. In 2013 he married his partner of 35 years. Unlike Hudson, Hunter established long relations with only a few people, namely Anthony Perkins and Allan Glaser who he later married.

Merica.
Pathetic.

obviously you are wrong
When Hunter and Hudson were on top, very few people even knew what gay meant. To admit you were homosexual meant the end of your career. In the mid 20th century, it would have been more acceptable if you admitted to murder than being homosexual. Thus these major stars did not reveal anything about their sexuality. There was plenty of scandal and rumors but there was always scandal and rumors about Hollywood stars so the public payed little attention and they remained box office draws for decades.

Rock Hudson was so afraid of being discovered, he would send anonymous letters to lovers. When scandal of homosexuality arouse in the media, he or the studio arranged dates with gorgeous up and coming stars and fuel gossip about the pair. He was so deeply in the closet, he never made a public statement about his sexuality while he was alive. However, when he had aids he did reveal much to his closest friends.

Tab Hunter never admitted being homosexual until he was 75 years old. In 2013 he married his partner of 35 years. Unlike Hudson, Hunter established long relations with only a few people, namely Anthony Perkins and Allan Glaser who he later married.

And now we have gender neutral bathrooms in public schools, and gay couples in every commercial on TV. I’ve never seen that many gay people in captivity. I didn’t know they existed. Must be in California. They have everything there.

Merica.
Pathetic.

obviously you are wrong

And now we have gender neutral bathrooms in public schools, and gay couples in every commercial on TV. I’ve never seen that many gay people in captivity. I didn’t know they existed. Must be in California. They have everything there.

You can't blame that on Rock. He never came out the closet. He dated women, fed the gossip mill about affairs with women and even got marry to hide his true sexuality. He did all the things gays were suppose to do in the 20th century.

obviously you are wrong

You can't blame that on Rock. He never came out the closet. He dated women, fed the gossip mill about affairs with women and even got marry to hide his true sexuality. He did all the things gays were suppose to do in the 20th century.

Rock did came out of the closet when he was about to die from AIDS.

Before he died he came out.

I have not found any public statement made while he was alive that he admitted to being gay. Privately he shared it with close friends and it appeared in a biography. This guy was so deeply in the closet, I can imagine him ever coming out even when he had aids.

I have not found any public statement made while he was alive that he admitted to being gay. Privately he shared it with close friends and it appeared in a biography. This guy was so deeply in the closet, I can imagine him ever coming out even when he had aids.

I think he did.....at the end when he had nothing to lose he did I think

I think he did.....at the end when he had nothing to lose he did I think
He approved of press release that said he had Aids. Remember this was 1985 and people knew very little about Aids. There were claims that the disease was spread in bath houses. There were claims that Aids was a disease that effected only homosexual men. Then were was a case of women with aids and then others that were infected claim they never had homosexual relationships. It wasn't until after Hudson's death that we really started pouring money into research and learned about HIV and ways it was transmitted.

In 1985 as it is today, saying you have Aids was not admitting to being a homosexual. When his biography came out and close friends like Doris Day and Elizabeth Taylor made documentaries about him the true of his sexuality came out, something he was never able to do himself. Strange, the legendary movie hero and image masculinity was never able to say to his fans, "I'm gay".

Last edited:
thats a real name?....and he was gay?...
Marion Morrison?

There was another star from the fifties like Rock.

Liberace.

Were the fifties less uptight than sixty years hence?
The 50's were way more uptight than 60's plus people were naive about homosexuality. There were effeminate men and masculine women but homosexuals were mentally and/or physically impaired lowlifes that haunted restrooms and ended up in mental institutions or jails. They were no one's son, father, or brother. They didn't exist in good families.:cuckoo:

Liberace was nothing like Rock Hudson. Liberace's trademark was his effeminacy and Rock Hudson's trademark was his masculinity. Liberace was a favorite of middle aged and older women while Rock Hudson was the heartthrob of young women.

Take at look at Liberace in his 50's, TV show. This guy was so gay. Yet his fans completely dismissed his sexuality. However, like Hudson he never admitted that he was gay and would arrange to be seen with young beautiful women to counteract any rumors of his homosexuality.

Last edited:
Marion Morrison?

Liberace.

The 50's were way more uptight than 60's plus people were naive about homosexuality. There were effeminate men and masculine women but homosexuals were mentally and/or physically impaired lowlifes that haunted restrooms and ended up in mental institutions or jails. They were no one's son, father, or brother. They didn't exist in good families.:cuckoo:

Liberace was nothing like Rock Hudson. Liberace's trademark was his effeminacy and Rock Hudson's trademark was his masculinity. Liberace was a favorite of middle aged and older women while Rock Hudson was the heartthrob of young women.

Take at look at Liberace in his 50's, TV show. This guy was so gay. Yet his fans completely dismissed his sexuality. However, like Hudson he never admitted that he was gay and would arrange to be seen with young beautiful women to counteract any rumors of his homosexuality.

Rock Hudson worked within the studio system. There were, in fact other closeted Gay men and women in the exact same circumstance as Rock Hudson was in. His sexuality did not influence his work.

It makes no sense to erase the work he produced and the good will he left behind with facts that were of no consequence at the time?

obviously you are wrong

No. Definitely not blaming him. He was an iconic actor. We’ve just morphed into some weird stuff.

Marion Morrison?

Liberace.

Rock Hudson worked within the studio system. There were, in fact other closeted Gay men and women in the exact same circumstance as Rock Hudson was in. His sexuality did not influence his work.

It makes no sense to erase the work he produced and the good will he left behind with facts that were of no consequence at the time?

It's strange that what he feared most in his life, the exposure of his true sexuality became his greatest accomplishment in his death. He brought Aids into the headlines and fund raising drives raised millions for Aids research.

R
Marion Morrison?

Liberace.

Rock Hudson worked within the studio system. There were, in fact other closeted Gay men and women in the exact same circumstance as Rock Hudson was in. His sexuality did not influence his work.y to live a life

It's strange that what he feared most in his life, the exposure of his true sexuality became his greatest accomplishment in his death. He brought Aids into the headlines and fund raising drives raised millions for Aids research.

Rock Hudson's burden in his time was a burden imposed on him by society. The disdain many people felt for homosexuality, and unfortunately still do, served an ignoble purpose.

Living a shadow life is no way to live a fulfilling life.

R
Marion Morrison?

Liberace.

Rock Hudson worked within the studio system. There were, in fact other closeted Gay men and women in the exact same circumstance as Rock Hudson was in. His sexuality did not influence his work.y to live a life

Rock Hudson's burden in his time was a burden imposed on him by society. The disdain many people felt for homosexuality, and unfortunately still do, served an ignoble purpose.

Living a shadow life is no way to live a fulfilling life.

A lot of this is changing with the younger generation.

One thing that is changing is the stereotype of gays is beginning to die. People look at Rock Hudson and say how can anyone like this be gay. He simple does not fit the image of a gay man. Then they see their neighbor, a Iraq war vet, a football player, manger of a little league team is now living with his male partner. Destroying stereotype images of minorities is a major step in eliminating discrimination and bias. The lack of stereotypes forces a person to see other people as individuals and not just members of a group with preconceive characteristics.

Forum List

Back