Was Adam really the first human and if so...

Have I said I believe there is a mover that animates the soul? No. Once again, you attempt to expand what I have said beyond what was actually stated.
Only you know the truth about that. It certainly seemed to me that you did say that.

It sounds to me like you agree that if someone believes there is a mover of their soul which animates their soul then they are not an atheist.

Our discussion would be simpler if you would stick to what I have actually said.

You have made several claims about atheists. I am an atheist, and my beliefs do not fit within those claims. Rather than alter your claims, you want to try and "prove" that I am not an atheist, therefore your claims are valid and accurate.

I think I have shown that my beliefs are valid. How that effects your claims is your issue.
I have.

No, you have not. I have pointed out numerous times where you claimed I said something I did not.

A prime example is the claim that I have said my "soul" is animated by a mover. I have never said anything of the kind.
Dude, ding is not going to address any arguments you actually make. The only tools at his disposal are pre-programmed creationist and religious arguments. Unless you hold very still and say exactly what he needs you to say, he doesn't have any way to counter anything you say.
Would you say that someone who believes their soul is animated by a spirit is an atheist?

Have I said I believe there is a mover that animates the soul? No. Once again, you attempt to expand what I have said beyond what was actually stated.
Only you know the truth about that. It certainly seemed to me that you did say that.

It sounds to me like you agree that if someone believes there is a mover of their soul which animates their soul then they are not an atheist.

Our discussion would be simpler if you would stick to what I have actually said.

You have made several claims about atheists. I am an atheist, and my beliefs do not fit within those claims. Rather than alter your claims, you want to try and "prove" that I am not an atheist, therefore your claims are valid and accurate.

I think I have shown that my beliefs are valid. How that effects your claims is your issue.
I have.

No, you have not. I have pointed out numerous times where you claimed I said something I did not.

A prime example is the claim that I have said my "soul" is animated by a mover. I have never said anything of the kind.
Instead you used the phrase life force. :lol:

I also did not say it a life force was animated. I also did not say there was an outside force animating it.

I have.

Dude, ding is not going to address any arguments you actually make. The only tools at his disposal are pre-programmed creationist and religious arguments. Unless you hold very still and say exactly what he needs you to say, he doesn't have any way to counter anything you say.
Would you say that someone who believes their soul is animated by a spirit is an atheist?

And who said that? Because I know I did not.

I have stated that I believe in the incorporeal. I have stated that I belief Love does not come from electro-chemical reactions in the brain.

And I know I believe in incorporeal things that did not come from corporeal things.

I believe there are incorporeal things that do not originate from corporeal things.

But I believe there is more to us than the purely physical.

I have.

Then list all the reasons you believe a life force exists. I don't believe you can list one thing.

My personal experiences have led me to my beliefs.

I have.

Not believing in God does not mean not believing in any life force.

I have.

You did when you admitted to believing in a lifeforce.

Lifeforce: the spirit or energy that animates living creatures; the soul.

lifeforce definition - Google Search

1200px-CheckmateProper.jpg

But lets assume whales never imagined a god built this perfect world just for them.
Who said it was just for us?
Christians
All Christians? Are did you stop asking once you confirmed your bias?
The belief that only humans go to heaven is pretty much universal in Christianity. At least that's what Christians told me when I was a kid.

Yea, hundreds and hundreds of christians where I grew up told me only humans go to heaven. I didn't have the internet to know what red necks where you live believe. Amazing how uninformed so many christians are about such things. If only there was a perfect book they could read to make everything clear.

I have to say god sucks at writing books. I know you think those books are wonderful the but they are not. Only members of the cult believe that it is well written.
Can you show me in the Catechism where it states that?
Can you show me where it says otherwise?

Ding needs to realize some people are atheists when it comes to the Old, New, Book of Mormons and Koran. They are agnostic about a generic creator. But as for the organized religions, those we are 100% atheists about because those ancient goat herder books are crap and so clearly made up by homophobic men.
Then they are not atheists.
This is true. That’s why I said they are agnostic about a generic creator that has never visited and no heaven.

But they don’t believe the Bible or Koran or book of Mormons. They are sure these are bullshit.

I’m an agnostic atheist who believes if there is a creator it doesn’t matter if you believed. That just meant you were gullible. Lucky guess

Who said it was just for us?
Christians
All Christians? Are did you stop asking once you confirmed your bias?
The belief that only humans go to heaven is pretty much universal in Christianity. At least that's what Christians told me when I was a kid.

Yea, hundreds and hundreds of christians where I grew up told me only humans go to heaven. I didn't have the internet to know what red necks where you live believe. Amazing how uninformed so many christians are about such things. If only there was a perfect book they could read to make everything clear.

I have to say god sucks at writing books. I know you think those books are wonderful the but they are not. Only members of the cult believe that it is well written.
Can you show me in the Catechism where it states that?
Can you show me where it says otherwise?
The Catechism doesn't say that red heads don't go to heaven. Based on your logic, Catholic belief must be that red heads don't go to heaven.

I have.

And you aren't going to answer the question.... Would you say that someone who believes their soul is animated by a spirit is an atheist?

And for the record... I did totally address it.

Ding needs to realize some people are atheists when it comes to the Old, New, Book of Mormons and Koran. They are agnostic about a generic creator. But as for the organized religions, those we are 100% atheists about because those ancient goat herder books are crap and so clearly made up by homophobic men.
Then they are not atheists.
This is true. That’s why I said they are agnostic about a generic creator that has never visited and no heaven.

But they don’t believe the Bible or Koran or book of Mormons. They are sure these are bullshit.

I’m an agnostic atheist who believes if there is a creator it doesn’t matter if you believed. That just meant you were gullible. Lucky guess
I’m an agnostic atheist who believes if there is a creator it doesn’t matter if you believed.

it doesn’t matter if you believed ...

not in the creator, ever nor your aspiration to simply perish - to free your spirit is another matter that's not like throwing paint at a canvas resulting in the mona lisa.

I have stated that I believe in the incorporeal. I have stated that I belief Love does not come from electro-chemical reactions in the brain.

And I know I believe in incorporeal things that did not come from corporeal things.

I believe there are incorporeal things that do not originate from corporeal things.

And are you saying that the quotes above are the same as "Would you say that someone who believes their soul is animated by a spirit is an atheist?"?

Please point out my use of the word "soul", which has specific meaning. Please point out where I said that I have a soul. Then point out where I said that my soul is animated by a spirit.

Thank you for providing proof of my point and saving me looking for the quotes.

You did when you admitted to believing in a lifeforce.

Lifeforce: the spirit or energy that animates living creatures; the soul.

lifeforce definition - Google Search

The link you posted had 2 definitions. You quoted the 2nd one. Why not the first?

From your link: "the force or influence that gives something its vitality or strength"

That does not necessarily mean "soul".

And are you saying that the quotes above are the same as "Would you say that someone who believes their soul is animated by a spirit is an atheist?"?

Please point out my use of the word "soul", which has specific meaning. Please point out where I said that I have a soul. Then point out where I said that my soul is animated by a spirit.

Thank you for providing proof of my point and saving me looking for the quotes.
Absolutely. 100%.

Are denying that you believe in something beyond the material world? That did not come from the material world?

Forum List

Back