Was Adam really the first human and if so...

Only you know the truth about that. It certainly seemed to me that you did say that.

It sounds to me like you agree that if someone believes there is a mover of their soul which animates their soul then they are not an atheist.

Our discussion would be simpler if you would stick to what I have actually said.

You have made several claims about atheists. I am an atheist, and my beliefs do not fit within those claims. Rather than alter your claims, you want to try and "prove" that I am not an atheist, therefore your claims are valid and accurate.

I think I have shown that my beliefs are valid. How that effects your claims is your issue.
I have.

No, you have not. I have pointed out numerous times where you claimed I said something I did not.

A prime example is the claim that I have said my "soul" is animated by a mover. I have never said anything of the kind.
Dude, ding is not going to address any arguments you actually make. The only tools at his disposal are pre-programmed creationist and religious arguments. Unless you hold very still and say exactly what he needs you to say, he doesn't have any way to counter anything you say.
And you aren't going to answer the question.... Would you say that someone who believes their soul is animated by a spirit is an atheist?

And for the record... I did totally address it.

Once again, you change my words to suit your own purposes. That is the same as lying.

I have stated that I believe in the incorporeal. I have stated that I belief Love does not come from electro-chemical reactions in the brain.

And I know I believe in incorporeal things that did not come from corporeal things.

I believe there are incorporeal things that do not originate from corporeal things.

But I believe there is more to us than the purely physical.

And are you saying that the quotes above are the same as "Would you say that someone who believes their soul is animated by a spirit is an atheist?"?

Please point out my use of the word "soul", which has specific meaning. Please point out where I said that I have a soul. Then point out where I said that my soul is animated by a spirit.

Thank you for providing proof of my point and saving me looking for the quotes.
Absolutely. 100%.

Are denying that you believe in something beyond the material world? That did not come from the material world?

No. I have not denied that. What I have denied is that I said I believed in a soul that animates my spirit. I have never spoken of a soul. Your claims that I have is a lie.

No, you have not. I have pointed out numerous times where you claimed I said something I did not.

A prime example is the claim that I have said my "soul" is animated by a mover. I have never said anything of the kind.
Dude, ding is not going to address any arguments you actually make. The only tools at his disposal are pre-programmed creationist and religious arguments. Unless you hold very still and say exactly what he needs you to say, he doesn't have any way to counter anything you say.
Would you say that someone who believes their soul is animated by a spirit is an atheist?

And who said that? Because I know I did not.
You did when you admitted to believing in a lifeforce.

Lifeforce: the spirit or energy that animates living creatures; the soul.

lifeforce definition - Google Search

The link you posted had 2 definitions. You quoted the 2nd one. Why not the first?

From your link: "the force or influence that gives something its vitality or strength"

That does not necessarily mean "soul".
Because you said you believed it did not come from the material world.

You are the one who painted yourself into this corner because you could not stand what it means to believe everything comes from the material world. Why? because you believe you are greater than just material. You literally cannot accept the reason your feel love is nothing more is the result of evolutionary forces that are nothing more than chemical reactions in the brain. You cannot have it both ways.

I have stated that I believe in the incorporeal. I have stated that I belief Love does not come from electro-chemical reactions in the brain.

And I know I believe in incorporeal things that did not come from corporeal things.

I believe there are incorporeal things that do not originate from corporeal things.

And are you saying that the quotes above are the same as "Would you say that someone who believes their soul is animated by a spirit is an atheist?"?

Please point out my use of the word "soul", which has specific meaning. Please point out where I said that I have a soul. Then point out where I said that my soul is animated by a spirit.

Absolutely. 100%.

Are denying that you believe in something beyond the material world? That did not come from the material world?

No. I have not denied that. What I have denied is that I said I believed in a soul that animates my spirit. I have never spoken of a soul. Your claims that I have is a lie.
We were discussing your life force. What do you think that means?

Our discussion would be simpler if you would stick to what I have actually said.

You have made several claims about atheists. I am an atheist, and my beliefs do not fit within those claims. Rather than alter your claims, you want to try and "prove" that I am not an atheist, therefore your claims are valid and accurate.

I think I have shown that my beliefs are valid. How that effects your claims is your issue.
I have.

And you aren't going to answer the question.... Would you say that someone who believes their soul is animated by a spirit is an atheist?

Once again, you change my words to suit your own purposes. That is the same as lying.
I quoted your words verbatim.

Then list all the reasons you believe a life force exists. I don't believe you can list one thing.

My personal experiences have led me to my beliefs.

Not believing in God does not mean not believing in any life force.

Would you say that someone who believes their soul is animated by a spirit is an atheist?

The link you posted had 2 definitions. You quoted the 2nd one. Why not the first?

From your link: "the force or influence that gives something its vitality or strength"

You are the one who painted yourself into this corner because you could not stand what it means to believe everything comes from the material world. Why? because you believe you are greater than just material. You literally cannot accept the reason your feel love is nothing more is the result of evolutionary forces that are nothing more than chemical reactions in the brain. You cannot have it both ways.

I have painted myself into no corner.

Your insistence that everything is either material or a soul is the limitation you place on your thinking. I have no such limitations. I believe there are incorporeal things that do not come from the corporeal. I have not called it a soul. Nor have I said that it animates me or a soul. Those were added by you, claiming it is what I believed.

Then list all the reasons you believe a life force exists. I don't believe you can list one thing.

And had you used my words, I would not have corrected you.

But when you said "Would you say that someone who believes their soul is animated by a spirit is an atheist?", were you using my words verbatim?

Absolutely. 100%.

We were discussing my belief in a life force. I think it means there are forces and incorporeal things we cannot define. I believe they exist. But no where, absolutely no where, did I mention a soul or anything animating me or anyone.

Your insistence that everything is either material or a soul is the limitation you place on your thinking. I have no such limitations. I believe there are incorporeal things that do not come from the corporeal. I have not called it a soul. Nor have I said that it animates me or a soul. Those were added by you, claiming it is what I believed.
You were the one who said it didn't come from the material world? Where did it come from if it did not come from the material world?

You were the one who said you believe in incorporeal things that did not come from corporeal things. Where did it come from if it did not come from corporeal things?

You were the one who said Love does not come from electro-chemical reactions in the brain.

You were the one who said you believe there is more to us than the purely physical.

You were the one who said your personal experiences have led me to my belief in a lifeforce.

I didn't put those words into your mouth, you spoke those words.

Last edited:

Absolutely. 100%.

We were discussing my belief in a life force. I think it means there are forces and incorporeal things we cannot define. I believe they exist. But no where, absolutely no where, did I mention a soul or anything animating me or anyone.
You are absolutely describing a soul. You were the one who said there is more to us than the purely physical. You were the one who said it didn't come from the material world.

But when you said "Would you say that someone who believes their soul is animated by a spirit is an atheist?", were you using my words verbatim?
I totally used your words. I quoted your words verbatim.

You were the one who said it didn't come from the material world? Where did it come from if it did not come from the material world?

You were the one who said you believe in incorporeal things that did not come from corporeal things. Where did it come from if it did not come from corporeal things?

You were the one who said Love does not come from electro-chemical reactions in the brain.

You were the one who said you believe there is more to us than the purely physical.

You were the one who said your personal experiences have led me to my belief in a lifeforce.

I didn't put those words into your mouth, you spoke those words.

And no where in any of those statements did I express a belief in god. Which is the sole requirement for saying I am not an atheist.

I do not believe in god. Therefore, by the standard definition of the word, I am an atheist.

Absolutely. 100%.

You are absolutely describing a soul. You were the one who said there is more to us than the purely physical. You were the one who said it didn't come from the material world.

Indeed I did. But I specifically did not say "soul". You did. You use your religious beliefs to define my beliefs. That is simply nonsense.

Once again, the standard definition of "atheist" is one who does not believe in god. I do not believe in god. Therefore, I am an atheist. If I am not like other atheists, so be it. But nothing I have said shows a belief in god, no matter how you choose to rephrase what I have said.

That is a lie. When you said ""Would you say that someone who believes their soul is animated by a spirit is an atheist?", you were not using my words. I did not use the word "soul" and I certainly did not say my "soul is animated by a spirit".

This has grown tiresome. You have tried page after page, in thread after thread, to show I believe in god. You have not. The reason? I do not.

You have even lied in your efforts to do so. Unless you have some fresh definition of "atheist", I am about done with this.

That is a lie. When you said ""Would you say that someone who believes their soul is animated by a spirit is an atheist?", you were not using my words. I did not use the word "soul" and I certainly did not say my "soul is animated by a spirit".

This has grown tiresome. You have tried page after page, in thread after thread, to show I believe in god. You have not. The reason? I do not.

You have even lied in your efforts to do so. Unless you have some fresh definition of "atheist", I am about done with this.
No. I have proven that your beliefs are inconsistent with atheism. I have at least three atheists that have agreed with me.

If it isn't a soul what is it?

No. I have proven that your beliefs are inconsistent with atheism. I have at least three atheists that have agreed with me.

My beliefs may be inconsistent with other atheists. But, unless you use something other than the standard definition for "atheist", my beliefs are completely consistent with the term.

I don't know. Do you believe that everything that is incorporeal is a soul?

My point is, you said you quoted my words verbatim. That was a lie.

My beliefs may be inconsistent with other atheists. But, unless you use something other than the standard definition for "atheist", my beliefs are completely consistent with the term.
You mean besides the fact that you believe you have a life force inside you that did not come from the material world which makes you more than purely physical?

I don't know. Do you believe that everything that is incorporeal is a soul?

My point is, you said you quoted my words verbatim. That was a lie.
I believe you believe you have a life force inside of you that did not come from the material world and that it makes you more than just purely physical and that you believe those things because of your life experiences. I believe those things because that is exactly what you said.

Forum List

Back