Was Adam really the first human and if so...

I quoted your words verbatim.

And had you used my words, I would not have corrected you.

But when you said "Would you say that someone who believes their soul is animated by a spirit is an atheist?", were you using my words verbatim?
I totally used your words. I quoted your words verbatim.

That is a lie. When you said ""Would you say that someone who believes their soul is animated by a spirit is an atheist?", you were not using my words. I did not use the word "soul" and I certainly did not say my "soul is animated by a spirit".

This has grown tiresome. You have tried page after page, in thread after thread, to show I believe in god. You have not. The reason? I do not.

You have even lied in your efforts to do so. Unless you have some fresh definition of "atheist", I am about done with this.
If it isn't a soul what is it?

I don't know. Do you believe that everything that is incorporeal is a soul?

My point is, you said you quoted my words verbatim. That was a lie.
If you you don't know what it is how do you know it's not a soul?

But when you said "Would you say that someone who believes their soul is animated by a spirit is an atheist?", were you using my words verbatim?

That is a lie. When you said ""Would you say that someone who believes their soul is animated by a spirit is an atheist?", you were not using my words. I did not use the word "soul" and I certainly did not say my "soul is animated by a spirit".

This has grown tiresome. You have tried page after page, in thread after thread, to show I believe in god. You have not. The reason? I do not.

You have even lied in your efforts to do so. Unless you have some fresh definition of "atheist", I am about done with this.
No. I have proven that your beliefs are inconsistent with atheism. I have at least three atheists that have agreed with me.

My beliefs may be inconsistent with other atheists. But, unless you use something other than the standard definition for "atheist", my beliefs are completely consistent with the term.
You mean besides the fact that you believe you have a life force inside you that did not come from the material world which makes you more than purely physical?

Find me a definition (from a reasonable source) that includes such in the definition of "atheist". Otherwise, yes, my beliefs fit the standard definition of the term.

I do not have any reason to believe it is a soul. So I do not believe it is a soul. And the entire definition of "atheist" hinges on belief.

The audacity of someone to claim that they know another person's belief better than that person is pretty astounding.

I believe you believe you have a life force inside of you that did not come from the material world and that it makes you more than just purely physical and that you believe those things because of your life experiences. I believe those things because that is exactly what you said.

Do you believe me when I say I do not believe in god?

I do not have any reason to believe it is a soul. So I do not believe it is a soul. And the entire definition of "atheist" hinges on belief.

The audacity of someone to claim that they know another person's belief better than that person is pretty astounding.
Apparently you have no reason not to believe it is a soul.

But you do have good reason to believe it is a soul.
  1. You referred to it as a lifeforce.
  2. You claim it did not proceed from the material world and makes you more than physical (i.e. it is spirit).
  3. You believe it is the source of your love.
  4. It moves you.
  5. You claim you don't know what it is therefore you cannot rule out it is a soul.
The definition of soul is the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal.

The definition of lifeforce is the spirit or energy that animates living creatures; the soul.

Are you telling me that your children have no soul?

I believe you believe you have a life force inside of you that did not come from the material world and that it makes you more than just purely physical and that you believe those things because of your life experiences. I believe those things because that is exactly what you said.

I believe that you believe it.

2. You claim it did not proceed from the material world and makes you more than physical (i.e. it is spirit).
  4. It moves you.
  5. You claim you don't know what it is therefore you cannot rule out it is a soul.
The definition of soul is the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal.

The definition of lifeforce is the spirit or energy that animates living creatures; the soul.

I do not recall saying that I believe this life force is the source of my love.

I also do not recall saying that this life force moves me. In fact, I don't recall saying that everyone has this life force, or that it is individual life forces.

Now you are dancing. It is not some silly trap. Simply a question.

I asked if you believe me when I say I don't believe in god. If you believe that I believe it, then your answer is 'Yes'.

And if I do not believe in god, I am, by definition, an atheist. Case closed.

This is true.

Thank you.

I’m an agnostic atheist who believes if there is a creator it doesn’t matter if you believed.

I don't believe it matters about going to heaven (whatever that means) either.

I believe it makes a difference in your day to day life.
Oh it does. Look at how feverishly you write about it.

Look at the branch dividians or Waco cult.

And if you are a Mormon and believe you are wearing magic underwear I’m sure they feel like They are superhero’s wearing their Superman or spider man suit under their normal clothes.

Ding needs to realize some people are atheists when it comes to the Old, New, Book of Mormons and Koran. They are agnostic about a generic creator. But as for the organized religions, those we are 100% atheists about because those ancient goat herder books are crap and so clearly made up by homophobic men.
Then they are not atheists.
This is true. That’s why I said they are agnostic about a generic creator that has never visited and no heaven.

But they don’t believe the Bible or Koran or book of Mormons. They are sure these are bullshit.

I’m an agnostic atheist who believes if there is a creator it doesn’t matter if you believed. That just meant you were gullible. Lucky guess
I’m an agnostic atheist who believes if there is a creator it doesn’t matter if you believed.

it doesn’t matter if you believed ...

not in the creator, ever nor your aspiration to simply perish - to free your spirit is another matter that's not like throwing paint at a canvas resulting in the mona lisa.
Perfect example of religious ramblings. I’m sure that made sense to your fellow theists.

Actually just like in church most will nod in agreement but they aren’t really paying attention or thinking.

This is true.

Thank you.

I don't believe it matters about going to heaven (whatever that means) either.

I believe it makes a difference in your day to day life.
Oh it does. Look at how feverishly you write about it.

Look at the branch dividians or Waco cult.

And if you are a Mormon and believe you are wearing magic underwear I’m sure they feel like They are superhero’s wearing their Superman or spider man suit under their normal clothes.
You’ve been writing about it here since 2008. ;)

Adam was the first human to be successfully modified by aliens. Neanderthals were possibly another experimental group, but their genetic modifications didn't work.

I asked if you believe me when I say I don't believe in god. If you believe that I believe it, then your answer is 'Yes'.

I’ve already proven to others that it isn’t.

If one believes a lifeforce animates his soul he isn’t an atheist even if he believes there is no God.

4. It moves you.

I also do not recall saying that this life force moves me. In fact, I don't recall saying that everyone has this life force, or that it is individual life forces.
Where does the love you feel for others come from? Chemical reactions in the brain?

I’ve already proven to others that it isn’t.

If one believes a lifeforce animates his soul he isn’t an atheist even if he believes there is no God.

Proven to others? lol So you have proven to others that my beliefs are not what I actually believe? Really?

YOu said "I believe that you believe it". So you believe that I believe that I do not believe in god? In otherwords, you believe I don't believe in god.

That means I fit the definition of "atheist" perfectly. I may not fit the preconceived notions you have of what all atheists should believe. But the definition of "atheist" is someone who does not believe in god.

4. It moves you.

Where does the love you feel for others come from? Chemical reactions in the brain?

You are still dancing and trying to make this work? You said you believe that I do not believe in god. That IS what defines an atheist.

Adam was the first human to be successfully modified by aliens. Neanderthals were possibly another experimental group, but their genetic modifications didn't work.
Oh it worked alright. They were the more intelligent species. We however were better at war and we wiped them out. That was our advantage. Rage and grouping together better. And wanting to use spears to murder. Evolution at it's best.

4. It moves you.

You are still dancing and trying to make this work? You said you believe that I do not believe in god. That IS what defines an atheist.
I am happy for you to see it that way. The seed has been planted.

4. It moves you.

I have seen it that way since our discussions started. I suppose you are going to maintain that I am not an atheist?

What seed, exactly? And what do you expect to grow from this seed?

4. It moves you.

I have seen it that way since our discussions started. I suppose you are going to maintain that I am not an atheist?

What seed, exactly? And what do you expect to grow from this seed?
Only time will tell.

Forum List

Back