Was Adam really the first human and if so...

I’m not the one redefining it.

Really? Because my beliefs fit the definition.
You believe in a spirit which animated your soul. Sounds like God to me.

Since it is my personal belief, what it sounds like to you is irrelevant.

If you can find a definition of "atheist" that includes more than not believing in god, I would like to see it.
Your belief that there is a mover of your soul which animates it is inconsistent with atheism.

Only if you insist that anything incorporeal that exists, that does not originate from the corporeal, is god.
No. Only the mover of the soul which animates the soul.

I am not offended or worried. I am amused. To find your obsession in so many threads is hilarious.
That’s odd because you keep bringing it up.

When I read a thread and find explicit references to things I have said in other threads, I point it out. Is that a problem?
No, that isn't a problem. The problem arises from when you take it personal and can't have an objective discussion on it.

If it is not a problem, why do you insist that I am not an atheist, when my beliefs fit the standard definition?

I am not taking this personally. I am simply seeing you repeatedly talk about my beliefs in this and other threads. And attempting to get people to agree with your point of view of labeling my personal beliefs.
I believe that no one who believes that their exists a mover of their soul which animates their soul is an atheist.

Your beliefs do not change mine. It is that you bring it up in other threads, or even create threads in which to discuss it, that I find amusing.

And as for "...a mover of their soul which animates their soul...", that is not what I have said at all. I have never said anything animates my soul, or even that I have a soul.

Really? Because my beliefs fit the definition.

If you can find a definition of "atheist" that includes more than not believing in god, I would like to see it.
Your belief that there is a mover of your soul which animates it is inconsistent with atheism.

Only if you insist that anything incorporeal that exists, that does not originate from the corporeal, is god.

Have I said I believe there is a mover that animates the soul? No. Once again, you attempt to expand what I have said beyond what was actually stated.

Have I said I believe there is a mover that animates the soul? No. Once again, you attempt to expand what I have said beyond what was actually stated.
Only you know the truth about that. It certainly seemed to me that you did say that.

It sounds to me like you agree that if someone believes there is a mover of their soul which animates their soul then they are not an atheist.

Only you know the truth about that. It certainly seemed to me that you did say that.

It sounds to me like you agree that if someone believes there is a mover of their soul which animates their soul then they are not an atheist.

Our discussion would be simpler if you would stick to what I have actually said.

You have made several claims about atheists. I am an atheist, and my beliefs do not fit within those claims. Rather than alter your claims, you want to try and "prove" that I am not an atheist, therefore your claims are valid and accurate.

I think I have shown that my beliefs are valid. How that effects your claims is your issue.

I don’t really have any gaps of significance in my worldview. That’s why you always leave our discussions unsatisfied.
Of course you do. You're asking me what turned on my physiology. You put GOD in the gap because if you don't know, you probably fill in the blank with God.

Ok, what turned my physiology on?
I asked you if you thought it made sense that an atheist would believe in spirits and some mysterious life force.

You punked out on your answer. :lol:

Right winger and crepitus didn’t.

LMAO!!! Still going on about this?
Yes he is still firmly an agnostic.

In one of ding's thread about atheists, I said I am an atheist. I don't believe in any god or deity. But I do believe in certain aspects of our world that are incorporeal. ding is now obsessed with that. According to him, the definition of "atheist" is much more than not believing in god.
Well I find it hard to call you an atheist when you believe in spirits but Ding did the same thing to me when I told him I believed in Karma.

So after giving it further thought, I don't believe in Karma. I think if you are a rotten person eventually living like that will come back to haunt you. But there isn't actually a karma. Unfortunately every day good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people.

And people who do horrible things can be good people the next day. And no there is not a punishment for that bad deed down the road. No answering to Saint Peter at the pearly gates.

Unfortunately Hitler stopped being punished the second he died.

If you believe in spirits and ghosts then you and Ding are now buddies connected by stupid superstitions and beliefs. LOL

Ding needs to realize some people are atheists when it comes to the Old, New, Book of Mormons and Koran. They are agnostic about a generic creator. But as for the organized religions, those we are 100% atheists about because those ancient goat herder books are crap and so clearly made up by homophobic men.

But lets assume whales never imagined a god built this perfect world just for them.
Who said it was just for us?
Christians
All Christians? Are did you stop asking once you confirmed your bias?
The belief that only humans go to heaven is pretty much universal in Christianity. At least that's what Christians told me when I was a kid.

Yea, hundreds and hundreds of christians where I grew up told me only humans go to heaven. I didn't have the internet to know what red necks where you live believe. Amazing how uninformed so many christians are about such things. If only there was a perfect book they could read to make everything clear.

I have to say god sucks at writing books. I know you think those books are wonderful the but they are not. Only members of the cult believe that it is well written.

Of course you do. You're asking me what turned on my physiology. You put GOD in the gap because if you don't know, you probably fill in the blank with God.

I asked you if you thought it made sense that an atheist would believe in spirits and some mysterious life force.

In one of ding's thread about atheists, I said I am an atheist. I don't believe in any god or deity. But I do believe in certain aspects of our world that are incorporeal. ding is now obsessed with that. According to him, the definition of "atheist" is much more than not believing in god.
It’s a really interesting incongruity to discuss. Stop taking it personal.
Yea. If you believe there is no god then none of this matters.

Ding, you know Christianity has always believed only humans go to heaven and the animals were put here to serve us. Is Christianity changing their position on this? It wouldn't be the first time Christianity has changed their position to adapt with the times. They evolve as we do. To me it's amazing how women can preach now, gays are ok, it's ok to not think the universe revolves around us, etc..

Pope Francis in his weekly audience at St. Peter’s Square set the secular media abuzz. He was reported to have said that animals have immortal souls and will go to heaven — contrary to common, long-established theological opinion. The story, it turns out, was almost completely fabricated. The pope simply stated that the entire universe will be renewed, echoing a statement by St. Paul (cf. Rom 8:21). But the news stories still prompted a lively debate in Catholic circles and beyond, especially among pet owners: Do animals have souls? Do they go to heaven?

The animal ‘soul’
The answer to the first question depends, of course, on how we define “soul.” Ancient and medieval writers, both pagan and Christian, often used terms that we translate as “soul” (Greek psyche, Latin anima) to refer in general to that part of an animate (living) creature which sets it apart from inanimate (nonliving) creatures.

physiology does not exist without the spiritual component to maintain its existence.
Bacteria have physiology, what do you suppose their spiritual component looks like?

Bacteria have physiology ...
what do you suppose their spiritual component looks like?

some are sophisticated to the extreme -
Bacteria were among the first life forms to appear on Earth, and are present in most of its habitats. Wikipedia

upload_2018-12-18_14-52-51.jpeg

you only kid yourself if you do not believe they are spiritual - many are capable of altering organisms massively greater in size than theirselves ...

- what do you suppose their spiritual component looks like

images

they are distinct in appearance, what their spirit might look like is anyone's guess ... they are metaphysical the same as all beings.

It’s a really interesting incongruity to discuss. Stop taking it personal.
Yea. If you believe there is no god then none of this matters.

Ding, you know Christianity has always believed only humans go to heaven and the animals were put here to serve us. Is Christianity changing their position on this? It wouldn't be the first time Christianity has changed their position to adapt with the times. They evolve as we do. To me it's amazing how women can preach now, gays are ok, it's ok to not think the universe revolves around us, etc..

Pope Francis in his weekly audience at St. Peter’s Square set the secular media abuzz. He was reported to have said that animals have immortal souls and will go to heaven — contrary to common, long-established theological opinion. The story, it turns out, was almost completely fabricated. The pope simply stated that the entire universe will be renewed, echoing a statement by St. Paul (cf. Rom 8:21). But the news stories still prompted a lively debate in Catholic circles and beyond, especially among pet owners: Do animals have souls? Do they go to heaven?

The animal ‘soul’
The answer to the first question depends, of course, on how we define “soul.” Ancient and medieval writers, both pagan and Christian, often used terms that we translate as “soul” (Greek psyche, Latin anima) to refer in general to that part of an animate (living) creature which sets it apart from inanimate (nonliving) creatures.
Wouldn’t you also need to define heaven? The

But lets assume whales never imagined a god built this perfect world just for them.
Who said it was just for us?
Christians
All Christians? Are did you stop asking once you confirmed your bias?
The belief that only humans go to heaven is pretty much universal in Christianity. At least that's what Christians told me when I was a kid.

Yea, hundreds and hundreds of christians where I grew up told me only humans go to heaven. I didn't have the internet to know what red necks where you live believe. Amazing how uninformed so many christians are about such things. If only there was a perfect book they could read to make everything clear.

I have to say god sucks at writing books. I know you think those books are wonderful the but they are not. Only members of the cult believe that it is well written.
Can you show me in the Catechism where it states that?

Our discussion would be simpler if you would stick to what I have actually said.

You have made several claims about atheists. I am an atheist, and my beliefs do not fit within those claims. Rather than alter your claims, you want to try and "prove" that I am not an atheist, therefore your claims are valid and accurate.

I think I have shown that my beliefs are valid. How that effects your claims is your issue.
I have.

Ding needs to realize some people are atheists when it comes to the Old, New, Book of Mormons and Koran. They are agnostic about a generic creator. But as for the organized religions, those we are 100% atheists about because those ancient goat herder books are crap and so clearly made up by homophobic men.
Then they are not atheists.

Well I find it hard to call you an atheist when you believe in spirits but Ding did the same thing to me when I told him I believed in Karma.

So after giving it further thought, I don't believe in Karma. I think if you are a rotten person eventually living like that will come back to haunt you. But there isn't actually a karma. Unfortunately every day good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people.

And people who do horrible things can be good people the next day. And no there is not a punishment for that bad deed down the road. No answering to Saint Peter at the pearly gates.

Unfortunately Hitler stopped being punished the second he died.

If you believe in spirits and ghosts then you and Ding are now buddies connected by stupid superstitions and beliefs. LOL
Don’t blame me.

I have.

No, you have not. I have pointed out numerous times where you claimed I said something I did not.

A prime example is the claim that I have said my "soul" is animated by a mover. I have never said anything of the kind.

I have.

No, you have not. I have pointed out numerous times where you claimed I said something I did not.

A prime example is the claim that I have said my "soul" is animated by a mover. I have never said anything of the kind.
Instead you used the phrase life force. :lol:

I have.

Dude, ding is not going to address any arguments you actually make. The only tools at his disposal are pre-programmed creationist and religious arguments. Unless you hold very still and say exactly what he needs you to say, he doesn't have any way to counter anything you say.

Forum List

Back