Was Adam really the first human and if so...

...did he look like us? And if the answer is "yes", then what is or was Homo naledi?
There are a number of possibilities. One might be that only one species chose to know both good and evil. Or, possibly, the Fall of Man did not occur until only one species survived. We should keep in mind that the Genesis story does not delve into the various species of mankind, but tells a story of a more recent history.
No, it doesn’t.

The birds and the bees turned me on.

My mom turned my dad on
I understand what you are saying and your reluctance to answer my question.

It seems your magnanimous understanding is limited to your “team” players.

I used to think you were a straight shooter.
That’s ok I always knew you were a god of the gaps guy. What turned them on? GOD

No I’m not sure physiology is the light. Are you sure a god is the light? You aren’t very convincing. Maybe if I hated myself more I’d feel it. Lol
I don’t really have any gaps of significance in my worldview. That’s why you always leave our discussions unsatisfied.
Of course you do. You're asking me what turned on my physiology. You put GOD in the gap because if you don't know, you probably fill in the blank with God.

Ok, what turned my physiology on?
I asked you if you thought it made sense that an atheist would believe in spirits and some mysterious life force.

You punked out on your answer. :lol:

Right winger and crepitus didn’t.

LMAO!!! Still going on about this?

I understand what you are saying and your reluctance to answer my question.

It seems your magnanimous understanding is limited to your “team” players.

I used to think you were a straight shooter.
That’s ok I always knew you were a god of the gaps guy. What turned them on? GOD

No I’m not sure physiology is the light. Are you sure a god is the light? You aren’t very convincing. Maybe if I hated myself more I’d feel it. Lol
I don’t really have any gaps of significance in my worldview. That’s why you always leave our discussions unsatisfied.
Of course you do. You're asking me what turned on my physiology. You put GOD in the gap because if you don't know, you probably fill in the blank with God.

I asked you if you thought it made sense that an atheist would believe in spirits and some mysterious life force.

Yes he is still firmly an agnostic.

In one of ding's thread about atheists, I said I am an atheist. I don't believe in any god or deity. But I do believe in certain aspects of our world that are incorporeal. ding is now obsessed with that. According to him, the definition of "atheist" is much more than not believing in god.

In one of ding's thread about atheists, I said I am an atheist. I don't believe in any god or deity. But I do believe in certain aspects of our world that are incorporeal. ding is now obsessed with that. According to him, the definition of "atheist" is much more than not believing in god.
It’s a really interesting incongruity to discuss. Stop taking it personal.

I am not offended or worried. I am amused. To find your obsession in so many threads is hilarious.

I am not offended or worried. I am amused. To find your obsession in so many threads is hilarious.
That’s odd because you keep bringing it up.

Taz passed out too.

You know full well that an atheist who believes in spirits and life forces is only an atheist in name only.

And how do you know this? By redefining the term "atheist"? lol
I’m not the one redefining it.

Really? Because my beliefs fit the definition.
You believe in a spirit which animated your soul. Sounds like God to me.

Since it is my personal belief, what it sounds like to you is irrelevant.

If you can find a definition of "atheist" that includes more than not believing in god, I would like to see it.

When I read a thread and find explicit references to things I have said in other threads, I point it out. Is that a problem?

When I read a thread and find explicit references to things I have said in other threads, I point it out. Is that a problem?
No, that isn't a problem. The problem arises from when you take it personal and can't have an objective discussion on it.

Taz passed out too.

You know full well that an atheist who believes in spirits and life forces is only an atheist in name only.

If you can find a definition of "atheist" that includes more than not believing in god, I would like to see it.
Your belief that there is a mover of your soul which animates it is inconsistent with atheism.

No, that isn't a problem. The problem arises from when you take it personal and can't have an objective discussion on it.

If it is not a problem, why do you insist that I am not an atheist, when my beliefs fit the standard definition?

I am not taking this personally. I am simply seeing you repeatedly talk about my beliefs in this and other threads. And attempting to get people to agree with your point of view of labeling my personal beliefs.

If it is not a problem, why do you insist that I am not an atheist, when my beliefs fit the standard definition?

I am not taking this personally. I am simply seeing you repeatedly talk about my beliefs in this and other threads. And attempting to get people to agree with your point of view of labeling my personal beliefs.
I believe that no one who believes that there exists a mover of their soul which animates their soul is an atheist.

Your belief that there is a mover of your soul which animates it is inconsistent with atheism.

Only if you insist that anything incorporeal that exists, that does not originate from the corporeal, is god.

Forum List

Back