Warner Brothers decides to kill both Batman and Superman

I fail to see any mention of killing either character.

They cast Affleck as Batman. That is essentially dooming the Batman franchise to death.

I'm not too sure if this will be considered part of the Batman franchise. They're just bringing in Batman to try to save steaming stinky turd of the Superman reboot that the no-talent scumbag hack Snyder created.
Didn't Snyder do 'Watchmen'? If so, he's no hack.

I also did not hate Daredevil. I thought Colin Ferrell was brilliant. And Daredevil was my favorite comic growing up, so it mattered to me.

Daredevil was terrible. Amazingly bad considering it was a fairly big budget movie. I don't blame Affleck for it, although I also don't completely absolve him of blame; just about everyone involved in that movie deserves a share of the blame for it.

Still, Affleck might pull off the role. I haven't seen his recent films, maybe his acting has improved.

He's still too damn old to just be starting playing Batman in a DCU.

I thought Man of Steel was decent. A bit thin, it certainly could have used more depth, but I'm hoping that is because it was an origin movie.

The Nolan Batman movies were very good. The Dark Knight was great, thanks to an incredible performance by Ledger. The Dark Knight Rises was a disappointment, but still better than any but maybe the first Tim Burton Batman movie.

I've gone back and watched the Christopher Reeve Superman movies (well, some of the first two at least) and they have NOT aged well. Those movies are actually pretty spectacularly bad.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the Superman/Batman movie, for hopefully a Justice League movie, and then maybe a new, younger actor for Batman. :lol:

They cast Affleck as Batman. That is essentially dooming the Batman franchise to death.

I'm not too sure if this will be considered part of the Batman franchise. They're just bringing in Batman to try to save steaming stinky turd of the Superman reboot that the no-talent scumbag hack Snyder created.

I also did not hate Daredevil. I thought Colin Ferrell was brilliant. And Daredevil was my favorite comic growing up, so it mattered to me.

i agree ...i liked Watchmen and i did not think DD was that bad of a movie.....

Gotta disagree there. Zach Snyder is a HUGE hack. He destroyed Watchmen and 300, both of which are on my list of favorite comics of all time.

That being said, I didn't hate Man of Steel.

Gotta disagree there. Zach Snyder is a HUGE hack. He destroyed Watchmen and 300, both of which are on my list of favorite comics of all time.

I didn't read 300, so no idea how it compared, but Watchmen was pretty true to the comics, wasn't it?

I didn't read 300, so no idea how it compared, but Watchmen was pretty true to the comics, wasn't it?

Superficially, sure. But it was all show. Smoke and mirrors. It didn't have the depth that the comic did.

Plus, I'll never forgive him for taking out the giant squid thing.

It was true to the comics the same way Batman and Robin was true to Batman.

That said, I actually enjoyed it.

I thought Watchmen had a great noir look and feel to it.

When people criticize Daredevil, what are they criticizing? The story? Affleck as DD? Affleck as Matt Murdoch? I thought he was a convincing blind guy. Is it Michael Clarke Duncan? Colin Farrell? Jennifer Garner?

The person who just replies "yes" gets a neg. :lol:

I think often superhero movies do about as well as their comic book counterparts. Meaning, Spider-Man was Marvel's best selling comic book, thusly, most popular movie. Same with DC's Superman and Batman. I enjoyed the movie Daredevil about as much as I enjoyed the comic book. Daredevil is the comic book I would get if the store was out of Spiderman, The Avengers and Tales From The Crypt.

When people criticize Daredevil, what are they criticizing? The story? Affleck as DD? Affleck as Matt Murdoch? I thought he was a convincing blind guy. Is it Michael Clarke Duncan? Colin Farrell? Jennifer Garner?

Well shit, I don't have any other answer! :rofl:

The directing probably was the main culprit. Sure, the acting seemed pretty sub-par, but the director is the one who asked for/accepted what was given.

There were also some plot/story points that bothered the hell out of me. I remember that in the movie, he lost his sight and seemingly turned into a blind ninja in about 3 months as a 12-year-old. It was pretty ridiculous.

Daredevil wasn't on par with the 3rd or 4th Batman movies, but those were almost parodies rather than actual attempts at filmmaking. There was very little redeeming about Daredevil that I can remember.

I think often superhero movies do about as well as their comic book counterparts. Meaning, Spider-Man was Marvel's best selling comic book, thusly, most popular movie. Same with DC's Superman and Batman. I enjoyed the movie Daredevil about as much as I enjoyed the comic book. Daredevil is the comic book I would get if the store was out of Spiderman, The Avengers and Tales From The Crypt.

Popularity certainly helps, but it really isn't a good indicator of success. Batman movies have run the gamut from wildly successful to bombing. Ditto Superman movies. Spider Man has been consistently successful, but the third Raimi movie is fairly universally considered crappy; a lot of that success was probably because people loved the first two.

Popularity of the comic book a movie is based on will certainly help get butts in the seats, but to really be a hit still requires people who see it first to provide good word of mouth. :)

Is there an answer besides yes?

The story was good. The best part of it was that they had the balls to kill the girl in the first movie. That moved the writing of the movie from the insipid that we just saw from Spiderman when Peter dumped Mary Jane and moved it into the gritty reality of Daredevil and Batman comics.

What they got wrong was the way he let everyone know he wasn't really blind. He just meets a girl, and holds his own as she tries to beat the crap put of him, and looks her in the eyes.

daredevil-dumb.jpg

You think he looks like a blind man in that scene? If you do, you are blind.

Then we have the scene in the rain. It was great for the girls, and even works for Daredevil being able to see, but Murdock has actually sued people, and won, even after everyone knew he was Daredevil. He would not ell a girl on the first date who he is.

Why would anyone, even a blind man, wear red leather?

The story was good. The best part of it was that they had the balls to kill the girl in the first movie. That moved the writing of the movie from the insipid that we just saw from Spiderman when Peter dumped Mary Jane and moved it into the gritty reality of Daredevil and Batman comics.

What they got wrong was the way he let everyone know he wasn't really blind. He just meets a girl, and holds his own as she tries to beat the crap put of him, and looks her in the eyes.

daredevil-dumb.jpg

Then we have the scene in the rain. It was great for the girls, and even works for Daredevil being able to see, but Murdock has actually sued people, and won, even after everyone knew he was Daredevil. He would not ell a girl on the first date who he is.

Seems like you just have a problem with the Daredevil character.

daredevil-dumb.jpg

I read Daredevil as a kid, he never wore leather. Leather makes noise when you move, chafes, constricts you in a fight, is permeable to odors, and takes hours to clean properly, making it the worst choice possible for a man that has super sensitive hearing, touch, and smell, who depends on stealth, and has to change in a hurry without warning.

It sounds like you just don't understand the problem.

i thought DD was pretty decent.....i can understand ripping apart the Cloony Batman movie because that was pretty bad.....or the Superman movie with Richard Pryor...sometimes i wonder what so called comic fans are looking for.......like when i see "fans" saying the Thomas Jane Punisher Movie was THEE Punisher while saying the Ray Stevenson version wasnt.....:eusa_eh:.....

daredevil-dumb.jpg

I read Daredevil as a kid, he never wore leather. Leather makes noise when you move, chafes, constricts you in a fight, is permeable to odors, and takes hours to clean properly, making it the worst choice possible for a man that has super sensitive hearing, touch, and smell, who depends on stealth, and has to change in a hurry without warning.

Hmm... I still have all my Daredevil comics from the 1970s and I don't remember one issue ever discussing what his costume was made out of.

Hmm... I still have all my Daredevil comics from the 1970s and I don't remember one issue ever discussing what his costume was made out of.

in comic reality he probably would have had someone like Reed Richards or Forge make him a suite that can handle bullets,fire etc,etc.....

Didn't think so. He has stated, more than one, that he can differentiate color by the feel of the fabric, which helped him design his costume. You might not know the difference between fabric and leather, but most of the world can tell at a glance.

Maybe you should have paid more attention.

in comic reality he probably would have had someone like Reed Richards or Forge make him a suite that can handle bullets,fire etc,etc.....

In comic reality he would have gone to Leo Zelinsky.

Forum List

Back