Warner Brothers decides to kill both Batman and Superman

Outrage about Fonda playing Nancy Reagan didn't change hollywood's mind..I doubt if this will change it either.

So why isn't Bale in it? Did he bail? Pun intended.

Not sure. There might be a scheduling conflict, or the studio just didn't want him. I really don't think actors walk away from movies this big.

Bale turned down 50 million for the role.

He didn't want to get typecast.

He wasn't actually offered $50 million, that rumor was based on conversation with someone who worked at the studio.

Christian Bale: About that $50 million offer to play Batman... - CNN.com

On the other hand, it has led to some very funny memes.....

oobviCG.jpg

grumpy-ben.jpg

tumblr_mrynkchrJi1sa6ahxo1_500.jpg

marvel.jpg

Christian Bale has said he'll only play Batman again if Christopher Nolan directs it.

This is rather depressing news.

I don't blame him, Nolan is a fantastic director.

I have not watched a batman movie since, uhm, the danny devito penguin movie.....that and the first one kids could watch...I am not sure about the Schwarzenegger movie but I don't think the last few were suitable for kids(?).

Christian Bale has said he'll only play Batman again if Christopher Nolan directs it.

I have not watched a batman movie since, uhm, the danny devito penguin movie.....that and the first one kids could watch...I am not sure about the Schwarzenegger movie but I don't think the last few were suitable for kids(?).

The Ahnold one isn't suitable for anyone.

The 3 Chris Nolan movies are truly amazing movies, The Dark Knight being arguably the best comic book movie ever made - but I wouldn't recommend it for kids under 15.

Somehow ...it doesn't work for me ...I try and I try ..but nope ........:confused: :eusa_think:

look at that! look!
that ain't no Batman! :mad:

The Ahnold one isn't suitable for anyone.

:lol:

The 3 Chris Nolan movies are truly amazing movies, The Dark Knight being arguably the best comic book movie ever made - but I wouldn't recommend it for kids under 15.

I'll take your word for it doc. Nolan directed Memento, one of my top ten favs of all time, among others...;)

I hated that batman movie that had the ugly Rachel. The one that got blown up?
And nobody can ever play superman like Reeves. So I don't watch those either. But I also hate Margot Kidder and that also turned me off.

THE AVENGERS kick everybody's cape covered butts! One of the few superhero movies I've seen recently that I've actually liked. Awesome movie!
If you're wondering if I have nerd credentials to back up such a claim about THE AVENGERS being awesome, I will simply state that I was a card carrying Star Wars fan club member in high school. I still have the newsletters!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back