W.H. to House GOP: We're not moving

What part of "going back to what they were PREVIOUSLY" do you NOT understand?

It's not raising taxes, it's RETURNING to the rates they were.

We've spent enough with those reckless tax cuts already.

Enough.
Isn't it just symantics...."going back to" or "raising them"?
What difference is the wording dude? The rates are going up.
OK, have it your way then. You can have that "battle" if you must. It's going back to what it was before, when the country saw MASSIVE SUCCESS for ALL of it's citizens.

Goig up, going back to, whatever...it's all good.

But with those tax hikes we had a housing boom going on and we had the tech bubble going on....not to mention spending was under control...there was good times, indeed.

Enough.
How will raising taxes make your life better
See this is what he far right doesn't get. It's not the selfish "what does it do for me," but the altruistic, "what does it do for my country."

For me it assures me that the debt is on a path to being resolved.

If you cared about the country you would never support obama so cut the bull shit DANCING AROUND THE QUESTION. You cannot tax more money from those who actually hire Americans to do jobs.
What does raising taxes do for you?

It will be a win for the dems in the next election, huh? The MSM will just say that the repubs were the obstructionists with the fiscal cliff.
And it will be 100% true too.

No, no it's not, and if you were honest you would admit that.
The problem is from both sides, marc.....both share this problem equally.

So....150 million a year in discretionary cuts ( I like discretionary....it really has no meaning)...all the while we are racking up another trillion a year in deficit spending and adding that to the debt.

You are speaking nonsense. If you are cutting spending, you are not running the same deficits. And if you are cutting spending AND increasing revenues, you can balance the budget.

And just because you don't know the difference between discretionary spending and non-discretionary does not make it meaningless.

Defense spending is discretionary spending. As are food stamps.

Interest on the debt, Social Security, and Medicare are non-discretionary.

The US Government currently takes in just enough revenues to pay for our non-discretionary spending. Some dipshit on this board frequently says the revenues just pay our interest on our debt, but he is an idiot.

After paying for our non-discretionary spending, there is almost nothing left over for Defense, or food stamps, or the roads and bridges rich people use (;)).

And yet for some reason, we give away an additional $1 trillion a year in tax expenditures.

Go figure.

It makes no difference though, no matter how much the debt and no one willing to make a compromise, the media is already standing behind the pres and blaming it all on the repubs. The next election should bode well for the dems in the elections because Obama will just blame it all on the repubs. The libs will be duped....once again.
Obama isn't sincere about spending cuts and the repubs know it.

Everyone blames the GOP because Obama campaigned on spending cuts and increasing taxes on the rich, and the People have spoken. They were misled, but they have spoken. They want spending cuts and increased taxes on the rich. To ignore that is to do so at your peril.

The GOP has been doing flips and twists to avoid the increasing taxes on the rich part. They are trying to ignore the People's voice.

Obama, correctly, is standing firm on this point. He is tired of always caving in, year after year, to the GOP demand to extend the Bush tax cuts for the rich.

Well, no more. And if the GOP does not do it this time, it is their fault. They have not heard the American people.

Look, I think the whole "tax the rich" thing is a bogus diversion. It won't do diddly squat to solve the real problems we have in our budget and in our laws. We have gigantic problems, but they are easily solved. However, no one, no Republican, no Democrat, has the guts to stand up and lead.

We are looking at the biggest bag of dildos ever to occupy Washington.

Last edited:

Enough.
How will raising taxes make your life better
See this is what he far right doesn't get. It's not the selfish "what does it do for me," but the altruistic, "what does it do for my country."

For me it assures me that the debt is on a path to being resolved.

The debt is not on a path to being resolved, marc. Obama wants you to think that. Crunch the numbers......it's a mess, and when interest rates start going up, you're going to see just how bad it can get. Greece will look like a person who lost a c note compared to how our nation is going to respond.

WH hasnt even made a counter offer. If the repubs werent so stupid they would hang this albatross around Os neck.

But they are that stupid.....They'll turn victory into defeat, again.

You really are a lost radical aren't you?

What "victory?" The Karl Rove/Dick Morris-promised victory?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

CLASSIC!!

We have a $16 trillion shit sandwich, and we all have to take a bite.

That $16 trillion debt didn't magically materialize. Every time you took advantage of a deduction on your taxes, you contributed to that debt. Every time you voted for more war and more defense spending and another cabinet level federal department, you contributed to that debt. Every time you voted for more food stamps and extending unemployment benefits, you contributed to that debt. Every time you voted against increasing the retirement age, you contributed to that debt. Every time you voted for Medicare Part D, you contributed to that debt.

Gimme, gimme, gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it.

Well, you're that guy now. Time to pay the piper.

You can stop spending, but that $16 trillion negative balance is still there. It won't go away just because you stopped taking stuff.

The only way that debt goes away is for you to stop taking so goddamm many gifts from Uncle Santa. Christmas has come and gone and the bills are due. We have to spend less than we take in so we can pay down that debt.

So shut up and take a fucking bite, you entitlement-minded pricks. All of you. You earned it.

Last edited:
So....150 million a year in discretionary cuts ( I like discretionary....it really has no meaning)...all the while we are racking up another trillion a year in deficit spending and adding that to the debt.

You are speaking nonsense. If you are cutting spending, you are not running the same deficits. And if you are cutting spending AND increasing revenues, you can balance the budget.

And just because you don't know the difference between discretionary spending and non-discretionary does not make it meaningless.

The US Government currently takes in just enough revenues to pay for our non-discretionary spending. Some dipshit on this board frequently says the revenues just pay our interest on our debt, but he is an idiot.

After paying for our non-discretionary spending, there is almost nothing left over for Defense, or food stamps, or the roads and bridges rich people use (;)).

And yet for some reason, we give away an additional $1 trillion a year in tax expenditures.

Go figure.

It makes no difference though, no matter how much the debt and no one willing to make a compromise, the media is already standing behind the pres and blaming it all on the repubs. The next election should bode well for the dems in the elections because Obama will just blame it all on the repubs. The libs will be duped....once again.

Everyone blames the GOP because Obama campaigned on spending cuts and increasing taxes on the rich, and the People have spoken. They were misled, but they have spoken. They want spending cuts and increased taxes on the rich. To ignore that is to do so at your peril.

The GOP has been doing flips and twists to avoid the increasing taxes on the rich part. They are trying to ignore the People's voice.

Obama, correctly, is standing firm on this point. He is tired of always caving in, year after year, to the GOP demand to extend the Bush tax cuts for the rich.

Well, no more. And if the GOP does not do it this time, it is their fault. They have not heard the American people.

Look, I think the whole "tax the rich" thing is a bogus diversion. It won't do diddly squat to solve the real problems we have in our budget and in our laws. We have gigantic problems, but they are easily solved. However, no one, no Republican, no Democrat, has the guts to stand up and lead.

Cutting spending? Really?
Cutting spending is raising the spending only 9% instead of the 14% they were going to do. They cut spending by 5% when it hits the media.

What Obama capaigned on was class warfare....raising the taxes on the wealthy does practically nothing to the bottom line.....you do seem to agree with me on that. I agree with you that taxes need to be raised, but I think we need it across the board and not just with the 2%. Obama seems to be wanting to kick the can on spending down the road for the next year. The repubs seem to want it done in one bill. It is both parties fault, but it will be played out as it's just the repubs obstructing.
Yes we are looking at the most pathetic politicians that I have ever seen. It's a business not a service any longer.

Go figure.

Cutting spending is raising the spending only 9% instead of the 14% they were going to do. They cut spending by 5% when it hits the media.

What Obama capaigned on was class warfare....raising the taxes on the wealthy does practically nothing to the bottom line.....you do seem to agree with me on that. I agree with you that taxes need to be raised, but I think we need it across the board and not just with the 2%. Obama seems to be wanting to kick the can on spending down the road for the next year. The repubs seem to want it done in one bill. It is both parties fault, but it will be played out as it's just the repubs obstructing.
Yes we are looking at the most pathetic politicians that I have ever seen. It's a business not a service any longer.

Where does the buck stop?

Go figure.

Where does the buck stop?

It used to stop at the top, but these days it's either Bush or the republicans. :eusa_eh:

We are all going to pay higher taxes. Hell, we already are, you just don't know how badly.

It is called external devaluation. You don't want to carry your load? Well, you will whether you like it or not. You can pay it straightforwardly, or your irresponsibility will be taken care of another way over at the Fed.

Last edited:
We are all going to pay higher taxes. Hell, we already are, you just don't know how badly.

It is called external devaluation. You don't want to carry your load? Well, you will whether you like it or not. You can pay it straightforwardly, or your irresponsibility will be taken care of another way over at the Fed.

Who are you talking to? :confused:
I have already said, I'm ready to pay more....but then we have the ACA taxes coming up over the next two years...oh yes, the joys of that.

I knew this was coming when the GOP kicked the Tea Party Congressmen off the Budget Committee:

GOP caves, Speaker Boehner says taxes will be raised on the rich - Detroit liberal | Examiner.com

At least Boehner and the rest of the moderates know they have no morals grounds to oppose the increases.

Finally, Obama grows a spine and stands up to these obstructionists!

Yes, raising the taxes on 2% is the answer to our nations problems, right?
After that, we will only have a little over a trillion dollar deficit next year with that tax increase.

Obama campaigned for over a year on getting ride of the wreckless Bush tax-cuts, every. single. place. he wen't he repeated it over and over, and over, and over.

America has heard his message time and time again. Last November they responded...they agree with him. The GOP radical policies lost. They have no leg to stand on.

We've tried their way for the last 12 years. It. Doesn't. Work.

Time to do away with the wreckless Bush tax cuts now. It's over.

W.H. to House GOP: We're not moving on fiscal cliff - POLITICO.com

Obama is right not to budge an inch.

The polls are with Obama on this, if we go over the so-called-fiscal-cliff, the RepubliCON$ will be to blame. As they should be.

That's right Obama...keep fighting for The American People!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Reckless, not wreckless. :D

And Obama did not campaign on eliminating all the Bush tax cuts. He campaigned on eliminating just the ones the rich received. Every taxpayer received a Bush tax cut.

So this is not really about the Bush tax cuts. This is really about taxing the rich more.

But I agree that is what he was re-elected to do. The People have spoken, whether I like it or not.

How do you agree that this is what the people wanted when they gave him a GOP majority in congress? If the people wanted what you crazy S.O.B.'s keep claiming, then Nancy Pelosi would be Speaker of the House right now.

The fact is, the people spoke loudly & proudly in the 2010 elections and nearly nothing has changed since then. The majority still reject 100% of everything Obama stands for (marxism, redistribution of wealthy, government control, taking American freedoms, etc.). If you believe anything else, well.... :cuckoo:

The CBO has already PROVEN that the wealthy pay WAY MORE than their "fair share". It's time we lower taxes for them, lower taxes for the middle class, and raise taxes on the parasite class. Sorry MarcATL - I know you're one of the greedy parasites, but it's time YOU start paying YOUR FAIR SHARE!

special-distribution-of-taxes.jpg

We have a $16 trillion shit sandwich, and we all have to take a bite.

That $16 trillion debt didn't magically materialize. Every time you took advantage of a deduction on your taxes, you contributed to that debt. Every time you voted for more war and more defense spending and another cabinet level federal department, you contributed to that debt. Every time you voted for more food stamps and extending unemployment benefits, you contributed to that debt. Every time you voted against increasing the retirement age, you contributed to that debt. Every time you voted for Medicare Part D, you contributed to that debt.

Gimme, gimme, gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it.

Well, you're that guy now. Time to pay the piper.

You can stop spending, but that $16 trillion negative balance is still there. It won't go away just because you stopped taking stuff.

The only way that debt goes away is for you to stop taking so goddamm many gifts from Uncle Santa. Christmas has come and gone and the bills are due. We have to spend less than we take in so we can pay down that debt.

So shut up and take a fucking bite, you entitlement-minded pricks. All of you. You earned it..

G5000 - you're going off the deep end here my friend.

First of all, when has government EVER spent within their budget? Ever? You could raise taxes to 100% and Obama will still spend more than the federal government brought in and run up a deficit for each year he is in office.

You're normally fairly sharp G, but you're a fucking idiot of epic proportions if you believe raising taxes (any amount on any class) is going to do a damn thing. It will do NOTHING and that is an undeniable fact.

The only thing that will solve this problem is to CUT SPENDING!!!!! Cut Social Security. Cut Welfare. Cut Medicaid. Repeal Obamacare. CUT, CUT, CUT, and keep cutting until these unconstitutional programs no longer exist. They are what got us into this problem, and getting rid of them is what will get us out of this problem.

Sorry folks, this is indisputable...

Obama created the entire disaster - he spent like a drunk sailor believing that punishing the wealthy and rewarding the lazy creates a "good" economy. He further destroyed the economy with Obamacare - both with how much it will cost over all, and how it will cost a company to do business.

It's time to let him drown in his own mess and take America down with him. Let's go over the fiscal cliff - it will show the American people how liberal policy creates failure and collapse.

The GOP made this monumental mistake when they raised the debt ceiling in 2011 to bail Obama out. They need to stop bailing him out and allow him to suffer the consequences of his failed policy.

Forum List

Back