W.H. to House GOP: We're not moving

The fact is, the people spoke loudly & proudly in the 2010 elections and nearly nothing has changed since then. The majority still reject 100% of everything Obama stands for (marxism, redistribution of wealthy, government control, taking American freedoms, etc.). If you believe anything else, well.... :cuckoo:

The 2010 election was not fought on the grounds to tax hikes for the wealthy. The 2012 election was, and in every measure that matters, Obama resounding won: He picked up 8 seats in Congress and increased his majority in the Senate. Tell me again how that isn't a clear win in Congress. The seats the Republicans won in 2010 won't be contested until 2014 and if the Republicans took a beating for their obstructionism in this election, they could find themselves wiped out in the next one.

This was a clear mandate for Obama, in every sense of the word.

Radical RW bastards like Quantum Windbag are PRETENDING that the RepubliCON$ didn't fight Obama tooth and nail to keep the Bush Tax Cuts. They are going so far as to PRETEND that Obama "wanted" those reckless tax cuts. All so they can forward a false narrative of the Bush Tax cuts are now the Obama Tax cuts.

Uncanny!

*SMH*

I am not pretending anything, I know exactly what happened, which is why this is about Obama, not Bush.

Forget all the ideological soap box speeches, Marc...if you look at this whole thing logically? President Obama's tax increase pulls in enough revenue (using the most optimistic estimates) to run the government for about 8 days. At the same time his refusal to address spending with any meaningful cuts dooms us to more trillion dollar deficits.

The fact is, Barack Obama is putting a win in the polls ahead of what's best for the country. He's once again ignoring the millions of Americans who are currently out of work for a political win. That's not fighting for the American people...that's turning your back on them.
Forget all the ideological rhetoric OldStyle...if you believe that Obama ISN'T willing and ready to cut spending then you've been inhaling Dick Morris' toe fungus for too long.

Can you show me specific examples of spending cuts Obama has proposed as part of the fiscal cliff deal?

Why are we maintaining war level spending as far out as we can see?

Hmmmm...

Because Obama is planning on shooting missiles at everyone on the planet for the foreseeable future. Did you know he is currently staging forces for an invasion of Mali? How can he pull that off if we reduce military spending?

The taxes aren't being raised you radicals...the damn wreckless Bush Tax Cuts were PLANNED to expire.

You dolts.

What's your problem?!??

You want to talk symantics, marc? :rolleyes:

What part of "going back to what they were PREVIOUSLY" do you NOT understand?

It's not raising taxes, it's RETURNING to the rates they were.

We've spent enough with those reckless tax cuts already.

Enough.

What part of taxes going up do you not understand?

Are you aware that, when you combine the tax hikes Obama is talking about are combined with the already planned tax hikes that are included in Obamacare the tax rates will actually go up to higher than they ever were under Clinton?

By the way, is there a reason you never talk about going back to the Clinton era spending levels? Wouldn't it make sense to get both taxes and spending back to that level if it was so great?

Obama created the entire disaster - he spent like a drunk sailor believing that punishing the wealthy and rewarding the lazy creates a "good" economy. He further destroyed the economy with Obamacare - both with how much it will cost over all, and how it will cost a company to do business.

It's time to let him drown in his own mess and take America down with him. Let's go over the fiscal cliff - it will show the American people how liberal policy creates failure and collapse.

The GOP made this monumental mistake when they raised the debt ceiling in 2011 to bail Obama out. They need to stop bailing him out and allow him to suffer the consequences of his failed policy.
Tell me, good sir, exactly what is it that Obama spent all that money on?

What did he actually buy?

Hmmm...!?!?

Obama created the entire disaster - he spent like a drunk sailor believing that punishing the wealthy and rewarding the lazy creates a "good" economy. He further destroyed the economy with Obamacare - both with how much it will cost over all, and how it will cost a company to do business.

It's time to let him drown in his own mess and take America down with him. Let's go over the fiscal cliff - it will show the American people how liberal policy creates failure and collapse.

The GOP made this monumental mistake when they raised the debt ceiling in 2011 to bail Obama out. They need to stop bailing him out and allow him to suffer the consequences of his failed policy.
Tell me, good sir, exactly what is it that Obama spent all that money on?

What did he actually buy?

Hmmm...!?!?

Union votes

The fact is, the people spoke loudly & proudly in the 2010 elections and nearly nothing has changed since then. The majority still reject 100% of everything Obama stands for (marxism, redistribution of wealthy, government control, taking American freedoms, etc.). If you believe anything else, well.... :cuckoo:

The 2010 election was not fought on the grounds to tax hikes for the wealthy. The 2012 election was, and in every measure that matters, Obama resounding won: He picked up 8 seats in Congress and increased his majority in the Senate. Tell me again how that isn't a clear win in Congress. The seats the Republicans won in 2010 won't be contested until 2014 and if the Republicans took a beating for their obstructionism in this election, they could find themselves wiped out in the next one.

This was a clear mandate for Obama, in every sense of the word.

Obama's only mandate is Reggie Love

Just the same old game of playing politics at the expense of the middle class. Shucks, they didn't vote for him so whats the harm.

So if we plunge off the fiscal cliff, and we, as the pundits proclaim, sink into another recession, I guess it will be the GOP's fault?

What happened with this reaching across the isle business, or is it still my way or the high way, pick up the marbles and go home, business for the Dem's?

How quickly you forget that BUSH created the mess. I knew that the right wing would wash their hands of responsibility for the deficit and unemployment the moment W left office.

Just like his dad left a big mess which Clinton cleaned up, but W made his Dad looked like a cropper at taking over a sound economy and running it into the ground.

These people haven't the first clue of sound economic principles or how to balance a budget.

Last edited:
The Bush tax cuts were all set to expire then Obama extended them...
Now he's hell bent to kill them again...

Talk about flip flopping...

How quickly you forget that BUSH created the mess. I knew that the right wing would wash their hands of responsibility for the deficit and unemployment the moment W left office.

Just like his dad left a big mess which Clinton cleaned up, but W made his Dad looked like a cropper at taking over a sound economy and running it into the ground.

These people haven't the first clue of sound economic principles or how to balance a budget.

George HW Bush didn't leave a big mess. Quite the opposite, he cleaned up Ronald Reagan's mess..and in pretty short order.

Bush senior was an effective president both on the domestic and foreign fronts.

The Bush tax cuts were all set to expire then Obama extended them...
Now he's hell bent to kill them again...

Talk about flip flopping...

Well no.

But thanks for playing..there are door prizes.

I hope there's an Obama phone as one of the prizes...
Maybe some food stamps...Most Americans are on them
thanks to this fucked up Obama economy...

Hope you are enjoying them.

You can also thank Bush Jr. for fucking up the economy and being asleep at the wheel when 3 thousand Americans were incinerated during 9/11. And as an extra added bonus, allowed them to drown in Katrina waters. Over 1400 there.

Good stuff.

Silly rw's. just like always, they live in a fantasy where actions have no consequences. Fact is, the pubs want nothing quite as much as they want to cause the US even more fiscal chaos. As before, they try hold the country hostage to their ransom demands to pay off their owners andvget taxes raised on the working class. If they can get us another credit own grade, alls the better. Frosting on the GObP cake.

Obama puts country before party, the opposite of the R. Because of that, he could still give in to some of their plutocratic demands.

I hope not.

Good. Bring on the fiscal cliff. Raise taxes on EVERYONE.

I think he should do it too. Yes, I do, stop talking and dew it.

Lets do this...!

Ya ready Marc? Ready for the higher taxes?
Ya figured out how much less you will bringing home?

My wife and I will be forking out about 7 GRAND more a year.

Buckle up erbody!

I agree...
The Libs are crying about fair share...
Let everyone kick in a little extra...
Let the rest kick in some for a change.

Well no.

But thanks for playing..there are door prizes.

You can also thank Bush Jr. for fucking up the economy and being asleep at the wheel when 3 thousand Americans were incinerated during 9/11. And as an extra added bonus, allowed them to drown in Katrina waters. Over 1400 there.

Good stuff.
Don't forget the hundreds of thousands his illegal war killed as well as the trillions in debt that is now on Obama's P&L.

Good stuff.
Don't forget the hundreds of thousands his illegal war killed as well as the trillions in debt that is now on Obama's P&L.

Which illegal war are you referring to?...

Forum List

Back