W.H. to House GOP: We're not moving

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Obama campaigned for over a year on getting rid of the reckless Bush tax-cuts, every. single. place. he wen't he repeated it over and over, and over, and over.

America has heard his message time and time again. Last November they responded...they agree with him. The GOP radical policies lost. They have no leg to stand on.

We've tried their way for the last 12 years. It. Doesn't. Work.

Time to do away with the wreckless Bush tax cuts now. It's over.

W.H. to House GOP: We're not moving on fiscal cliff - POLITICO.com

Obama is right not to budge an inch.

The polls are with Obama on this, if we go over the so-called-fiscal-cliff, the RepubliCON$ will be to blame. As they should be.

That's right Obama...keep fighting for The American People!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:
Obama campaigned for over a year on getting ride of the wreckless Bush tax-cuts, every. single. place. he wen't he repeated it over and over, and over, and over.

America has heard his message time and time again. Last November they responded...they agree with him. The GOP radical policies lost. They have no leg to stand on.

The polls are with Obama on this, if we go over the so-called-fiscal-cliff, the RepubliCON$ will be to blame. As they should be.

Reckless, not wreckless. :D

And Obama did not campaign on eliminating all the Bush tax cuts. He campaigned on eliminating just the ones the rich received. Every taxpayer received a Bush tax cut.

So this is not really about the Bush tax cuts. This is really about taxing the rich more.

But I agree that is what he was re-elected to do. The People have spoken, whether I like it or not.

Obama campaigned for over a year on getting ride of the wreckless Bush tax-cuts, every. single. place. he wen't he repeated it over and over, and over, and over.

And Obama did not campaign on eliminating all the Bush tax cuts. He campaigned on eliminating just the ones the rich received. Every taxpayer received a Bush tax cut.

So this is not really about the Bush tax cuts. This is really about taxing the rich more.

But I agree that is what he was re-elected to do. The People have spoken, whether I like it or not.

No it isn't. The Republicans have offered him the same revenue by closing loopholes and not raising taxes. This class warfare period. Obamie will not have it any other way other than a tax hike on the rich. cause he's already raised the taxes on the middle class via the obamacarebullshit.

Good. Bring on the fiscal cliff. Raise taxes on EVERYONE.

I think he should do it too. Yes, I do, stop talking and dew it.

Lets do this...!

Ya ready Marc? Ready for the higher taxes?
Ya figured out how much less you will bringing home?

My wife and I will be forking out about 7 GRAND more a year.

Buckle up erbody!
Sounds like more radical Karl Rove/Dick Morris-type rhetoric.

I don't see it ending well for you people.

Lets do this...!

Buckle up erbody!

it won't end well for ewe people either, you just don't know it yet. :D

Lets do this...!

Buckle up erbody!

Howard Dean said it too...

I don't follow those two twerps... Do you?

obama should stick to his guns. Tax the rich until they leave, then revise the term "rich" downwards and downwards again, as many times as is necessary.

No it isn't. The Republicans have offered him the same revenue by closing loopholes and not raising taxes. This class warfare period. Obamie will not have it any other way other than a tax hike on the rich. cause he's already raised the taxes on the middle class via the obamacarebullshit.

A tax increase on the rich is a tax increase on the rich no matter if you paint it as a higher margin or a closed loophole.

Obama's tax increase is open class warfare, but the GOP plan to close loopholes is also a tax increase on the rich, and it isn't class warfare somehow?

This is a giant smoke and mirrors game being played by both sides to protect their respective special interests.

We should be eliminating ALL tax expenditures, as I have said many times. Then we can lower the rates on everyone.

But that greatly erodes the politicians' power, and they simply will not abide that.

I will bet you the GOP will not close any loopholes which benefit the financial services sector.

There are people on both sides who think that going over the fiscal cliff and having another few tough years is the way to straighten things out.

The taxes aren't being raised you radicals...the damn wreckless Bush Tax Cuts were PLANNED to expire.

You dolts.

What's your problem?!??

And here everbody was thinking it was government spending that was the reckless part........

Oh, spending is certainly reckless. But we see big-time hypocrisy here, too. The GOP harps and harps about cutting spending...until you say the magic words "defense cuts". Then, oh no! Not defense cuts!

The wars are over. There is absolutely no justification for continuing war level spending when there are no wars!

Until the GOP starts talking about returning to pre-war level spending, I cannot ever view them as anything other than identical to the Democrats in their hypocrisy.

The taxes aren't being raised you radicals...the damn wreckless Bush Tax Cuts were PLANNED to expire.

You dolts.

What's your problem?!??

SHHHHHHH!

No one wants to hear that!

It is horrible to contemplate how awful the times were in the Clinton years under the Clinton tax rates. 25 million jobs created, a booming economy, rising GDP, a balanced budget.

No one wants to go back to that nightmare!

Last edited:

A tax increase on the rich is a tax increase on the rich no matter if you paint it as a higher margin or a closed loophole.

Obama's tax increase is open class warfare, but the GOP plan to close loopholes is also a tax increase on the rich, and it isn't class warfare somehow?

This is a giant smoke and mirrors game being played by both sides to protect their respective special interests.

We should be eliminating ALL tax expenditures, as I have said many times. Then we can lower the rates on everyone.

But that greatly erodes the politicians' power, and they simply will not abide that.

I will bet you the GOP will not close any loopholes which benefit the financial services sector.

Except the GOP proposal actually raises revenue. Obama's proposal does not raise revenue.

Except the GOP proposal actually raises revenue. Obama's proposal does not raise revenue.

Tax expenditures cost us $1 trillion a year. So, yeah, closing a handful of loopholes will raise revenue.

We should close all of them, and lower everyone's rates.

It's the sane thing to do, which is why it won't ever happen.

This is all theater for the rubes.

You dolts.

What's your problem?!??

SHHHHHHH!

No one wants to hear that!

It is horrible to contemplate how awful the times were in the Clinton years under the Clinton tax rates. 25 million jobs created, a booming economy, rising GDP, a balanced budget.

No one wants to go back to that nightmare!

Will tax rates be higher or lower? This isn't a trick question. If they will be higher, then it is a tax increase. If they will be lower then it is a tax cut.

New Topics

Forum List

Back