Verse of the Day

Let God arise and His enemies be scattered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sing to God, sing praises to His name; Lift up a song for Him who rides through the deserts, Whose name is the Lord, and exult before Him. A father of the fatherless and a judge for the widows, Is God in His holy habitation.God makes a home for the lonely; He leads out the prisoners into prosperity, Only the rebellious dwell in a parched land.

Psalm 85: 4,5, 6

John 15 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you ask whatever you wish and it will be done for you.

Who said that? Jesus Christ said that. Is Jesus Christ a liar? No.

It is written:

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

- Numbers 23:19

God is faithful. God will fulfill His promises. But what if a person decides not to abide in Christ and does not have His Word abiding in him (or her) ? What then? What if you doubt God's Word is true and do not believe Him? What if someone even accepts Christ but then decides to live apart from him and indulge in the things of this world - live in sin - loving the things of this world which is to be at enmity at God? What then? What is the end for that person?

It is written:

James 1 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.

But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord,being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
-James 1: 6,7,8

and again it is written:

Revelation 21 8 But the cowardly the unbelieving the vile the murderers the sexually immoral those who practice magic arts the idolaters and all liars--they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.

Why are the cowardly going to hell? Because it is a sign of their perdition - when you are living in sin you have no confidence towards God and the end result is fear. Fear of man is a snare of the devil. The Righteous are as bold as a lion. Are lions fearful? No. We must free ourselves of the fear of man by standing on the Word of God and obeying it. Our freedom is INSIDE of Christ. Not outside. Outside the gates of the city are those who lived OUTSIDE of Christ while on the earth.

It is written:
Revelation 22 15 Outside are the dogs those who practice magic arts the sexually immoral the murderers the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

So what must the Believer do?

Abide in Christ and let his Word abide in you. Do not depart from Christ.

............without holiness no one will see the Lord.

It is written:
Matthew 7 21 Not everyone who says to me Lord Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Have you backslidden? Are you apart from Christ today? Then repent and return to the LORD because he is full of mercy and forgiveness and will restore you. Draw near unto God and He will draw near unto you. If you have not received salvation from Christ - call upon the Lord and you shall be saved - Read Romans 10: 9,10. Repent of your sins and turn from them and follow Christ. There is no hope outside of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Hebrews 10 38 And But my righteous one will live by faith. And I take no pleasure in the one who shrinks back.

Context

A Call to Persevere
…37FOR YET IN A VERY LITTLE WHILE, HE WHO IS COMING WILL COME, AND WILL NOT DELAY. 38BUT MY RIGHTEOUS ONE SHALL LIVE BY FAITH; AND IF HE SHRINKS BACK, MY SOUL HAS NO PLEASURE IN HIM.39But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.

This is what Hebrews 10:26 is speaking of and this is who Hebrews 10:26 is speaking to. Those who have been justified by faith must live by faith. Who is Hebrews 10:26 speaking to? The born again Christian. What is it speaking about? A warning that if you shrink back - you are shrinking back to destuction. Faith that shrinks back cannot not preserve your soul. In other words? You will share the same reward as the wicked at the end. Hell. There is no special loop hole to the Christian for continuing in a life of sin after salvation. You must endure until the end. There is no prize to the runner who quits the race early. You must endure to the end.

This is not a popular message to the wide road church / preachers / because it troubles their conscience. It should. It is the undiluted Word of God. There is no other Gospel. This is it.

Last edited:
Eze 18:24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

Verses for today. ( 2 Timothy 1-4)

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those who are good. Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God.

-2 Timothy 1-4

Today I did something different. I googled Verse of the Day to see what verse God was giving others for today. This is the verse I found for today.

O Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of this your servant and to the prayer of your servants who delight in revering your name. Give your servant success today by granting him favor in the presence of this man.

Nehemiah 1:11

Verse of the Day

Verse of the Day
for Sunday February 1st, 2015 [ Previous Devotionals ]

Nehemiah 1:11

Last edited:
nehemiah1_11.jpg

Bible and Occult Witchcraft Wicca Spiritualism Psychics

B. Bible Teaching about These Supernatural Powers
Witchcraft, sorcery, etc., are condemned without qualification in both the Old and New Testaments.
Deuteronomy 18:9-14 — Every aspect of the occult is here itemized and forbidden as an “abomination.” Specifically forbidden are: one who practices “witchcraft” (NKJV; “divination” — ASV; KJV) or a “sorcerer” (NKJV and ASV; “witch” — KJV), or a “spiritist” (NKJV; “wizard” — ASV, KJV).

Leviticus 19:31 — Give no regard to mediums and familiar spirits (“wizards” — ASV, KJV); do not seek after them, to be defiled by them (NKJV).

Leviticus 20:6 — And the person who turns after mediums and familiar spirits (“wizards” — ASV, KJV), to prostitute himself with them, I will set My face against that person and cut him off from his people. (NKJV)

Leviticus 20:27 — A man or a woman who is a medium, or who has a familiar spirit (“wizard” — ASV, KJV), shall surely be put to death (NKJV).

Revelation 21:8 — But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

Revelation 22:15 — But outside [heaven] are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

Acts 13:8-10 — Elymas the sorcerer tried to keep Sergius Paulus from accepting the gospel. Paul rebuked him saying: “O full of all deceit and all fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord?”

Note that the Bible does not distinguish whether the witchcraft is intended to achieve a beneficial goal or a harmful one. It is all inherently wrong because it is an appeal to a forbidden source of power.

[2 Chron. 33:6; 2 Kings 9:22; Ex. 22:18; 1 Sam. 15:23; Mic. 5:12; Nahum 3:4; Jer. 27:9; Mal. 3:5; Isa. 2:6; 2 Kings. 21:6; 23:24; Isa. 19:3]

Specific powers of witchcraft and sorcery are named and condemned.
Exodus 7:11,22; 8:7 — Using their “enchantments,” Pharaoh’s magicians tried to duplicate the miracles done by Moses and Aaron. “Enchantments” refer to the ceremonies or rituals sorcerers and magicians use to accomplish their ends: incantations, spells, magic words (“hocus-pocus”), wearing of charms (amulets), etc.

As the witchcraft website says: “Spells are used by Wiccans, and are a series of rituals and prayers that are conducted in witchcraft to ask for divine help in a certain aspect of life.” But God forbids them all.

Deuteronomy 18:10 also mentions these “enchantments” as part of that which is forbidden (“enchanters” — ASV, KJV).

Isaiah 8:19,20 - When they say to you, “Seek those who are mediums and wizards, who whisper and mutter,” should not a people seek their God? ... To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

“Whisper and mutter” refers to the incantations and spells of magicians. These words are supposed to give the user power to induce the spirit beings to accomplish the desired result. If you know the words, you can lead the spirit to do your bidding.

Note that God’s objection is that such practices are a failure to seek after the true God.

Galatians 5:20,21 — Those who will not inherit the kingdom of God include those who practice “sorcery” (“witchcraft” — KJV). This includes the occult in general, but refers especially to the use of drugs and potions brewed by witches in their cauldrons, etc. (Movies and books often refer to the witches’ books of spells and recipes for potions, etc. “Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble...”)

God condemns, not only the whole practice of the occult, but also the specific methods, rituals, and mumbo-jumbo words used.

[Lev. 19:26; 2 Kings 17:17; Isa. 47:9,12; Jer. 27:9; 2 Kings 21:6; 2 Chron. 33:6; Isa. 3:20; Rev. 9:21]

Witches and sorcerers cannot duplicate the powers and miracles God did through inspired men.
The Bible often warns us to avoid being deceived by lying wonders [2 Thess. 2:9; Matt. 24:24; Deut. 13:1-5]. Many Bible events involved confrontations between those who did true miracles from God and those who practiced forms of sorcery or magic.

Sing to God, sing praises to His name; Lift up a song for Him who rides through the deserts, Whose name is the LORD, and exult before Him. A father of the fatherless and a judge for the widows, Is God in His holy habitation. God makes a home for the lonely; He leads out the prisoners into prosperity, Only the rebellious dwell in a parched land.
-Psalm 68:4,5,6

2 Corinthians 11 14 And no wonder for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

Context
Paul and the False Apostles
13For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.

Not all who claim to be Christians are Christians. Those that are led by the Holy Spirit are the true sons of God and if you are led by the Spirit of God? You will be quick to identify the false brethren. How? The Holy Spirit will let you know.

I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me.
-Romans 15:30

As Christians we need to be praying for our brethren who are on the front lines defending the faith. Read Ephesians. We wrestle not against flesh and blood...........

The verse for today:

Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

Ecclesiates 8:11

The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.
Proverbs 15:4

For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end.
Hebrews 3:14

And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.
Job 28:28

It is written:

He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.
Proverbs 28:9

Here is what is coming in the future for those who decide to follow Christ and then for those who decide not to follow Christ and depart from evil.

Forum List

Back