Verse of the Day

But even if you suffer for doing what is right, God will reward you for it. So don't worry or be afraid of their threats.
1 Peter 3:14

If I remember correctly----Peter was quite macho---rock man

As literature it works fine for me-----but neither peter nor jesus spoke greek. No one knows if the author called
John-----actually existed as a "JOHN"----his stuff is literature----can you tell me in what language John is written----I am too lazy to google. I still thing the story of
the upside down Peter is-----a macho man story---as in
"I can fast longer than you can"

Peter was as human as you and I, Rosie, and when Christ was crucified, he became intimidated by the mob that had crucified Christ. He thought he'd be next. So he denied Christ. Three times. Which the LORD already told him he would do before He went to the cross. So when the LORD rose on the third day and later appeared to Peter - he asked him three times - do you love me? On the third time, Jesus replied Feed my Sheep. And upon that Rock - Peter - the church was built. Not the Roman Church that claims Peter (who was married by the way - Jesus healed his mother in law - the bible warns about false preachers who forbid marriage - such as the RCC has a history of) but the real church which is the body of Christ. The Body of Christ is the true church which is why Jesus said he would raise that temple up in three days. What temple? The body of believers is the temple of the Holy Spirit. That's what He meant although at the time the Jews didn't understand what he meant) So yes, Peter's name means, The Rock. The name Peter is a Greek name. Not Hebrew. Interesting fact - Peter was called to preach to the Jews while Paul the apostle was called to preach to the Gentiles. The Romans must have missed that little detail. Ya think?

One more interesting fact - when a person converts to Judaism - they have to ask 3 times to the Rabbi before he will go forward with the conversion - because it is a sign that they are sincere in their desire to come to G-d. A Jewish friend of mine told me about that and said that is why she believes that Jesus asked Peter three times. It is how it was done by the Rabbi's. Whether this is still done today - I do not know. I should ask one of the Rabbis at United With Israel next time I get the chance.

I have no doubt that Peter was a person------the important story I heard about him is that he was crucified in Rome---and
he, himself, decided to be crucified ---upside down. That's why I call him macho.-----it was a kind of act of "up yours"
As to the ask three times (or knock three times ---on the
radiator---if you love me~~~~la la ) Yes ---they still do that
"no you can't" thing and require a three times persistence----sheeeeeeesh!!! Also the name PETER means "rock"---I think in Greek. Here is another tiny factoid------EVAN --the name--is Hebrew for rock that makes EBENEZER SCROOGE-------eben --rock ezer --something like 'helper'
----
the rock which helps (????) Scrooge. JOHN---is
YOCHANAN---it means ----"G-d's Grace"-------which would
be a good nom de plume for the book of revulsions---diverts
your mind from the SEVEN HEADED MONSTER with THE
WHORE ON TOP

Rosie, The Greek language broke love down into several words to specify the type of love to which the word referred. Peter had a bit of an arrorgance problem, and liked to focus on and even boast of how great his love was for Jesus, as opposed to John who recognized his relationship with Christ was special because of Christ's love for John, and not the other way around.

The two words used in the verse you mentioned were philios and Agape. One means brotherly love, the other, the love of mankind that God has for His children.
Christ asked Peter three times if Peter agapied Him, Peter answered that He philiosed Christ. When Peter understood the difference, the pebble had grown into a rock filled with brotherly love for His fellow man. Only then could He feed Christ's sheep.

The so called macho Peter, swore against Christ, ran like a baby, and hid like a coward until Christ returned and made Peter whole.
Peter asked to be crucified upside down out of humility, not pride. It was a matter of his own worth when being compared to the worth of his Savior. It was finally the opposite of macho and the culmination of understanding of the true nature of Peter's love for Christ, and Christ's love for Peter.

Romans 5:5 “and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love (agape) has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.”

This thread is called verse of the day - but here is something different for someone reading this thread. These are scriptures on strength to encourage you and let you know God is for you and will not fail you. Trust in the Lord and in the power of His Might. (which has no limits)

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. - Philippians 4:14

Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he [it is] that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. - Deuteronomy 3:16

For the LORD your God [is] he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.
Deuteronomy 20:4

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. - 1 Corinthians

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Isaiah 41:10

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. - 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. - Matthew 11:28

And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope [is] in thee.
-Psalms 39:7

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
-Matthew 6:33

Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD. - Psalms 31:24

Two [are] better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. -Ecclesiastes 4:9-13

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose. - Romans 8:28

Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. - James 5:16

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? - 1 Corinthians 6: 19- 20

But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. - 1 Timothy 5: 18

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
-Romans 8:1

The LORD will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: thou wilt make all his bed in his sickness.
Psalms 41:3

The LORD [is] my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he [is] my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him. - Exodus 15:2

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure. - Philippians 2:13

The LORD [is] good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him. - Nahum 1:7

Behold, God [is] my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH [is] my strength and [my] song; he also is become my salvation. - Isaiah 12:2

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus. Hebrews 3:19

Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for [this] day [is] holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength. - Nehemiah 8:10

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this [is] the first commandment. - Mark 12:30

And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace [be] unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me. - Daniel 10:19

Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth? From Isaiah Chapter 40

- Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.
Read Isaiah 40

If any man speak, [let him speak] as the oracles of God; if any man minister, [let him do it] as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
- 1 Peter 4:11

For, behold, I have made thee this day a defenced city, and an iron pillar, and brasen walls against the whole land, against the kings of Judah, against the princes thereof, against the priests thereof, and against the people of the land. - Jeremiah 1:18

But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day. - Proverbs 4:18

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God [is] with thee whithersoever thou goest. - Joshua 1:9

Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, [be] unto our God for ever and ever. Amen. - Revelation 7:12

That by two immutable things, in which [it was] impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us.
Hebrew 6:18

And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God. - Philippians 1: 28

And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power.
Ephesians 1: 19

Who shall also confirm you unto the end, [that ye may be] blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 1:8

Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise [man] glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty [man] glory in his might, let not the rich [man] glory in his riches. - Jeremiah 9:23

(A Psalm of David.) The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want. - read Psalm 23

Now these [are] thy servants and thy people, whom thou hast redeemed by thy great power, and by thy strong hand.
-Nehemiah 1:10

Thou sayest, (but [they are but] vain words,) [I have] counsel and strength for the war. Now on whom dost thou trust, that thou rebellest against me? - 2 Kings 18: 30

He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.
1 Samuel 2:9

The bows of the mighty men [are] broken, and they that stumbled are girded with strength. - 1 Samuel 2:4

Marriage [is] honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge. - Hebrews 13:4

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. - Ephesians 6: 10

For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. - Romans 5: 6

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. - Luke 10:19

"For unto us a child is born."

Merry Merry Christmas Jere. I hope your heart is filled with peace and love. Hug that baby girl for me and enjoy Christmas through the eyes of a child. What a joy. What a blessing.
Irish

Here is something to rejoice over, Irish Ram! The man my husband hired to install our floor in great room said to my husband, I am ready to ask the Lord into my heart. I want to be saved. Will you ask your wife to come out here and join us in prayer? When we prayed the sinners prayer with him he broke down in many tears and said that he physically felt different as if a weight had lifted off him and this hardness he felt in his chest that felt like rocks / weights / he said it was gone. Completely gone! After we prayed the LORD told me to tell the man that He had written his name in the Lambs Book of Life! How wonderful is that?! That is the second flooring guy we have led to the LORD while they were working at our house. The man who installed our carpet in the living room years ago prayed with us at our kitchen table and received Christ as his savior.

Oh. I have one more story to tell of someone working on our property the LORD wants me to share with you guys. We had a tile setter and his helper come to do our kitchen counter / back splash in tile many years ago. I knew the guy he worked for as he was a friend and owned the Tile store the young man worked out of. His schedule was so tight that he only had a day to do the job and then had to go to another job. It was raining a steady drizzle outside and he set his tile saw up outside and I said, you are going to do that in the rain? He said, I will have to. I'm on a tight schedule. I said, no you won't. I prayed and asked the LORD to stop the rain so the young man could cut tile without the rain. It stopped. ( I knew it would as God didn't want him doing that in the rain! )
So he did his job and at lunch he took a break and said he and his helper were go grab some lunch in town and pick up a few things and be back. I said okay. When they came back he said to me, you know it is raining outside your fence line but inside your fence line it is not raining. I said yes, because I prayed and asked God not to let it rain here. When you leave it will rain again. When he finished his job he left my property and told his boss later that as he drove down my driveway the rain began to fall again. He told his boss he was really amazed that it rained outside the fence line but not on the inside. What an awesome God we serve that we can pray to Him and receive from Him whatever we ask for in prayer! Our God is awesome! I praise His Holy Name!

I could write a book from the things He has done and still not tell the half of it!!! My God is totally awesome!!

He who follows after righteousness and mercy finds life, righteousness, and honor. - Proverbs 21: 21

This verse fulfills the New Years Day verse for tomorrow! Stay tuned!

He who follows after righteousness and mercy finds life, righteousness, and honor. - Proverbs 21: 21

This verse fulfills the New Years Day verse for tomorrow! Stay tuned!

I have to make a correction! The New Years Day verse was:

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. - Matthew 5:6

“And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.”

—Judges 1:19

:ack-1:

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
-Matthew 10:28

This are two other sets of scriptures that are on my heart to share this morning:

Then he began to denounce the cities where most of his mighty works had been done, because they did not repent. “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I tell you, it will be more bearable on the day of judgment for Tyre and Sidon than for you. And you, Capernaum, will you be exalted to heaven? You will be brought down to Hades. For if the mighty works done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I tell you that it will be more tolerable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom than for you.”
-Matthew 11:20-24

And the other is 2 Thessalonians 1: 5-9

Last edited:
We do not know when our last day on this earth shall be. The Scriptures declare that today is the day of Salvation and there is a good reason for it. Tomorrow is no guarantee for any person. With that in mind, we need to realize that Salvation is the greatest miracle that ever happens to any human being. It is the moment one becomes born again - into the family of God - the Kingdom of God - and is no longer condemned in their sins. But what happens to those who are still condemned in their sins having rejected Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior? They will one day have to go to one of two places. Heaven or hell. This is inevitable because we were all created in the image of God - Genesis 1:26 - and as such we are a trichotomy - just as God is God the Father, God the Word - Jesus Christ, God the Holy Spirit. We are a spirit, we live in a body and we have a soul. Three parts. When we die our spirit will go to heaven or hell - our body will return to the dust of the earth, and our soul will go with us to our eternal destination - with the LORD or with the damned into the pit of hell.

What a horrific thought that anyone would not realize this truth - that even the angels that rebelled with Satan had to be sent somewhere because they cannot die. The angels - spirit beings that rebelled with Satan are alive in hell today - the ministering angels who remained faithful to God - also called - ministering spirits - are alive today - the angel that slew over 100,000 men while Joshua and his men slept - that angel is alive today. Gabriel is still alive today - angels do not die - angels are spirit beings - and just as we are spirit beings - we will never die - we will live eternally one of two places - heaven or hell. Heaven is a real place and hell is a real place. Some do not believe hell is real. But the bible tells us differently and those who are born again Christians and have been given visions from the LORD of hell and who is already there know that hell is a real place and that the world must be warned. Why would anyone warn you about hell? Because they want to scare you? Because they are tormented themselves over hell? Because they don't know the Love of God? No. No. and No again. Because Calvary love does plead with all to not go to hell but to call upon the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved. Today is the day of Salvation, people. Today. Here are 54 verses from the bible that are the evidence that hell does exist and that we do not want to end up there. Please examine this list and look up the verses for yourself. May the LORD bless you as you seek to do His Will.
Fifty-four verses on Hell

Last edited:
YES THERE IS A HELL!! AT LEAST AS
FAR AS THE BIBLE IS CONCERNED

Deu 32:22 For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

2 Sam 22:6 The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me;

Job 11:8 It is as high as heaven; what canst thou do? deeper than hell; what canst thou know?

Job 26:6 Hell is naked before him, and destruction hath no covering.

Psa 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

Psa 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Psa 18:5 The sorrows of hellcompassed me about: the snares of death prevented me.

Psa 55:15 Let death seize upon them, and let them go down quick into hell: for wickedness is in ther dwellings, and among them.

Psa 86:13 For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.

Psa 116:3 The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.

Psa 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

Prov 5:5 Her feet go down to death; her steps take hold on hell.

Prov 7:27 Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death.

Prov 9:18 But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell.

Prov 15:11 Hell and destruction are before the LORD: how much more then the hearts of the chldren of men?

Prov 15:24 The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.

Prov 23:14 Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

Prov 27:20 Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied.

Isa 5:14 Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.

Isa 14:9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.

Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell,to the sides of the pit.

Isa 28:15 Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

Isa 28:18 And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.

Isa 57:9 And thou wentest to the king with ointment, and didst increase thy perfumes, and didst send thy messengers far off, and didst debase thyself even unto hell.

Ezek 31:16 I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to hell with them that descend into the pit: and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, shall be comforted in the nether parts of the earth.

Ezek 31:17 They also went down into hell with him unto them that be slain with the sword; and they that were his arm, that dwelt under his shadow in the midst of the heathen.

Ezek 32:21 The strong among the mighty shall speak to him out of the midst of hell with them that help him: they are gone down, they lie uncircumcised, slain by the sword.

Ezek 32:27 And they shall not lie with the mighty that are fallen of the uncircumcised, which are gone down to their hell with their weapons of war: and they have laid their swords under their heads, but iniquities shall be upon their bones, though they were the terror of the mighty in the land of the living.

Amos 9:2 Though they dig into hell, thence shall mine hand take them; though they climb up to heaven, thence will I bring them down:

Jonah 2:2 And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.

Hab 2:5 Yea also, because he transgresseth by wine, he is a proud man, neither keepeth at home, who enlargeth his desire as hell, and is as death, and cannot be satisfied, but gathereth unto him all nations, and heapeth unto him all people:

Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hellfire.

Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Mat 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Mat 11:23 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Mat 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Mark 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell,into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Mark 9:45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Mark 9:47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

Luke 10:15 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell.

Luke 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Luke 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Acts 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

2 Pet 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Rev 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

HELL IS NO JOKE - PLEASE
DON'T GO THERE!

Fifty-four verses on Hell

As you can see! The Bible mentions hell repeatedly in both the Old and New Testament. Hell is a real place. Jesus came not to condemn us but to remove that condemnation upon us by shedding his own blood and giving his own life at the cross for us. Who shall neglect so great a salvation?
For it is written:
Hebrews 2 3 how shall we escape if we ignore so great a salvation This salvation which was first announced by the Lord was confirmed to us by those who heard him.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back