Vegas-to-SoCal high-speed rail project clears major hurdle

Roadrunners. I was a child of the sixties when Roadrunner cartoons weren't banned by liberals because of the violence in them. Now days nobody gives a crap about roadrunners. Let 'em die they're a trashy species.

FB_IMG_1689734371379.jpg

Our major highway systems are overburdened
Our air network is continually breaking down even after simple disruptions

Rail is an obvious solution
like i said......maybe people here dont want it.....out here,at least in S.Cal, most people want to drive to Vegas....

Believe it when you see it. Cali's non existent bullet train is a total fiasco. Surely friends of Nancy, Gavin, and Diane made $$$ on it though.

Billions spent so far on it, but not a single section of rail has been laid, not a single piece of rolling stock ordered.

I do not think that anyone realistically believes that it will ever actually be built.

Every other industrialized nation manages to do high speed rail successfully.
The US is stuck in the 50s

Russia, China and India manage High Speed Rail and the US can’t?
Why would we want to?

Shit we can't keep regular trains from derailing what on earth makes you think we can keep a high speed train on the tracks.

Besides that public transportation sucks. I'd rather drive.

Why would we want to?

Shit we can't keep regular trains from derailing what on earth makes you think we can keep a high speed train on the tracks.

Besides that public transportation sucks. I'd rather drive.

Maybe we need to invest in our rail infrastructure like other industrialized nations have

Maybe we need to invest in our rail infrastructure like other industrialized nations have
No we don't.

All those other countries are barely the size of one state in the US. It's far easier to fly between states than it is to take a train.

And it's still easier and faster to fly

That is because airlines and airports are highly subsidized by the government at all levels.

The lack of any real high speed rail in the US is a national embarrassment.

No it's not.

Yeah, it really is. How is it that these places are competent enough to do it but the US is not...Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Indonesia, Japan, Morocco, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey.

Why do we need another highly subsidized money pit of a transportation system?

It would not need to be so. They have added a high speed section to the line between St Louis and Chicago. Now, it is sort of a joke as it only goes 110 and only for like 1/8 of the trip, but they are getting there. There are 5 trains a day between the two cites and most all are sold out before they leave. It is now quicker than driving and only slightly slower than flying once you add in the 2 hours you need to be at the airport before your flight.

Yeah, it really is. How is it that these places are competent enough to do it but the US is not...Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Indonesia, Japan, Morocco, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey.

It would not need to be so. They have added a high speed section to the line between St Louis and Chicago. Now, it is sort of a joke as it only goes 110 and only for like 1/8 of the trip, but they are getting there. There are 5 trains a day between the two cites and most all are sold out before they leave. It is now quicker than driving and only slightly slower than flying once you add in the 2 hours you need to be at the airport before your flight.
All these Euro countries you want to be like are barely the size of one state in this country.

You can't be running trains at 200 mph in densely populated areas anyway.

If you want trains then make them private so only you people who ride them pay the bill.

Forum List

Back