Vegas-to-SoCal high-speed rail project clears major hurdle

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Looks like this may be a 'Go'! Vegas to ...errr...Rancho Cucamonga? LOL!

The plan to build a high-speed train that will connect Las Vegas with Southern California took another important step this month.
The massive transportation project by Brightline could begin as soon as this year, with an estimated completion plotted for around 2027.
Last week, the Federal Rail Authority completed its environmental review for a portion of the project and found “no significant impact” along one of the critical sections of the proposed track.
The segment is located between Rancho Cucamonga and Victorville, with the tracks set to be built within the right of way of the 15 Freeway. Other segments along the proposed track have already received environmental approval.
The FRA evaluated the proposal, determined what impacts it could have on the local environment, traffic and natural aesthetic and determined that Brightline’s proposed solutions satisfied any concerns.
The high-speed rail project is estimated to cost at least $12 billion and will connect the Las Vegas strip to Rancho Cucamonga, with stops along the way in Apple Valley, Hesperia and Victorville.
Trains will take off every hour at high speeds, carrying passengers along the 215-plus mile stretch.

Brightline said it will coordinate its train arrivals with Metrolink service in Rancho Cucamonga, allowing for easy transfer onto trains that connect to the greater Los Angeles area.

But, but, what about all the endangered species habitats that will be destroyed. Greta c'mon girl weigh in on this.

In the middle of the Mojave? Along the I-15 freeway corridor?

You may feel free to hug a cactus though..if yer so inclined~

Roadrunners. I was a child of the sixties when Roadrunner cartoons weren't banned by liberals because of the violence in them. Now days nobody gives a crap about roadrunners. Let 'em die they're a trashy species.

Roadrunners. I was a child of the sixties when Roadrunner cartoons weren't banned by liberals because of the violence in them. Now days nobody gives a crap about roadrunners.
Beep, Beep yere azz!

iu

The plan to build a high-speed train that will connect Las Vegas with Southern California took another important step this month.
The massive transportation project by Brightline could begin as soon as this year, with an estimated completion plotted for around 2027.
Last week, the Federal Rail Authority completed its environmental review for a portion of the project and found “no significant impact” along one of the critical sections of the proposed track.
The segment is located between Rancho Cucamonga and Victorville, with the tracks set to be built within the right of way of the 15 Freeway. Other segments along the proposed track have already received environmental approval.
The FRA evaluated the proposal, determined what impacts it could have on the local environment, traffic and natural aesthetic and determined that Brightline’s proposed solutions satisfied any concerns.
The high-speed rail project is estimated to cost at least $12 billion and will connect the Las Vegas strip to Rancho Cucamonga, with stops along the way in Apple Valley, Hesperia and Victorville.
Trains will take off every hour at high speeds, carrying passengers along the 215-plus mile stretch.

Brightline said it will coordinate its train arrivals with Metrolink service in Rancho Cucamonga, allowing for easy transfer onto trains that connect to the greater Los Angeles area.
That pipe dream has been in the works for 50 years. Maybe they should shit or get off the pot.

Wow. This sounds like a bad, VERY bad, idea.

If they cannot even ferret out the corruption and the black hole that sucked all that money and waste away, that sank that project for a high speed rail from LA to the Bay area, folks should be wise, that this is a project, is just to steal the fat of the land, and not to actually accomplish the objectives put forth.

No one should trust governments and corporations, till there is some accountability in this nation, which, clearly there isn't anymore.

Both Joe Biden, Trump, and the Clinton's should all be put in a jail cell together at this point. Then local officials and governors would know that the justice system will hold them accountable for corruption. Maybe?

I don't believe this is anything other than a project to rob the public at this point.

iu

Seriously dude. In this nation, we have a hard enough time, just keeping the trains, on the track, and getting them from point A, to point B, w/o a bunch of folks getting killed, or toxic pollutants destroying the environment.

I will believe it when I see it.

:rolleyes:

I wonder if that will tie in to the wonderful High Speed Fail system that the state is building for us already here in California.

If they cannot even ferret out the corruption and the black hole that sucked all that money and waste away, that sank that project for a high speed rail from LA to the Bay area, folks should be wise, that this is a project, is just to steal the fat of the land, and not to actually accomplish the objectives put forth.

No one should trust governments and corporations, till there is some accountability in this nation, which, clearly there isn't anymore.

Both Joe Biden, Trump, and the Clinton's should all be put in a jail cell together at this point. Then local officials and governors would know that the justice system will hold them accountable for corruption. Maybe?

I don't believe this is anything other than a project to rob the public at this point.

iu

Seriously dude. In this nation, we have a hard enough time, just keeping the trains, on the track, and getting them from point A, to point B, w/o a bunch of folks getting killed, or toxic pollutants destroying the environment.

Every other industrialized nation manages to do high speed rail successfully.
The US is stuck in the 50s

Russia, China and India manage High Speed Rail and the US can’t?

Last edited:

iu

California's version of the High Speed Fail project seems like an almost perfect real-life analog to the windmill in Orwell's Animal Farm. This new proposal, nothing but more of the same.

Having made the drive from Ventura County to Las Vegas more times than I can count, I'd skip the train. Part of going to Vegas is the road trip there and back...

And Rancho Cucamonga? WTF? Unless you live there, it's kind of out of they way. I should know, My youngest kid lived out there with here mom. What a pain in the ass place to get to...

Forum List

Back