High-speed rail gets a multibillion-dollar White House boost

Its about the power that libs want to have over everyone’s life

So naturally they crave mass transit
You are correct. In an Environmental Wacko's demented mind they hate the idea of individual freedom so they want to cram you into some mass transit vehicle instead of you driving yourself.

However, this stupid ass subsidy from the Potatohead administration is nothing more than government contract corruption. Just look and see who gets the contracts and follow the money to the Democrat special interest groups.

People in the million dollar Los Angeles, Orange and San Diego counties can not afford planes?

but, traffic will just be worst, getting to Rancho Cucamonga, 3 hours will take 5 hours, those near LAX or the other major airports are not going to sit in traffic 3 to 5 hours to when a plane will take 1 hour
Make up your mind. Is traffic going to get worse (doesn’t make sense since you already have to go that way) or people not going to use it?

Its about the power that libs want to have over everyone’s life

So naturally they crave mass transit
Correct. Having high speed passenger trains are part of the secret plan of the cabal to take over the world

Correct. Having high speed passenger trains are part of the secret plan of the cabal to take over the world
If that was true you will be the last to know

But yes, libs support anything that grows government and shrinks the private sector

Make up your mind. Is traffic going to get worse (doesn’t make sense since you already have to go that way) or people not going to use it?
rancho cucamonga is pretty far from everything in southern california, I used to live a hour from there, once there the rest of the drive to vegas is short. I dont see how stopping, parking, transversing the steep gradients, getting a rental car at the destination, or a cab, is any shorter than driving.

luggage security, no electricity, sounds like a waste of taxpayer money.

rancho cucamonga is pretty far from everything in southern california, I used to live a hour from there, once there the rest of the drive to vegas is short. I dont see how stopping, parking, transversing the steep gradients, getting a rental car at the destination, or a cab, is any shorter than driving.

luggage security, no electricity, sounds like a waste of taxpayer money.

No, the rest of the drive to Vegas is not short. It's three hours in good traffic and it frequently slows down in the middle of the desert due to only two lanes on each side. I know because I do it all the time and on Sundays heading back into California ( or Mondays if it's a holiday weekend) it can take six to seven hours to drive to Los Angeles.

You already have to drive this way anyway, so how is people taking a train instead of driving on the highway going to make traffic worse, especially since you said people from LA and Orange counties won't use it anyway?

The Biden administration announced Friday the largest federal investment in passenger trains in decades, with $8.2 billion in new funding for high-speed rail and other projects nationwide.

Why it matters: Rail travel is considered a relatively clean way to get lots of people from A to B, especially compared to aviation — but the U.S. rail network is sorely lagging behind that of peer nations in Europe and Asia.

Driving the news: The big highlight were two multibillion-dollar packages for planned high-speed rail projects.
  • One would connect Las Vegas, Nev. and Rancho Cucamonga, Calif. (just east of Los Angeles) using electrified trains.
  • It's expected to carry more than 11 million passengers annually, the White House said, with roughly two-hour trips — half the typical drive time.
  • It's being built by Brightline, a private train operator that's been expanding across Florida and is now setting its eyes westward.
The other package would provide for high-speed rail travel between Bakersfield and Merced, Calif.
  • "New all-electric trainsets will produce zero emissions and be powered by 100% renewable energy," per the White House.
Meanwhile: The investment will also support improved train infrastructure in North Carolina, the Washington, D.C. area, Chicago, Pennsylvania and more.

Yes, and: Amtrak and Texas Central (another private high-speed rail company) are exploring a partnership around Houston-Dallas service.
  • New Amtrak service connecting Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati is also on the table, as is a line connecting Scranton and New York City.
Japan has had HSR since 1968.

No, the rest of the drive to Vegas is not short. It's three hours in good traffic and it frequently slows down in the middle of the desert due to only two lanes on each side. I know because I do it all the time and on Sundays heading back into California ( or Mondays if it's a holiday weekend) it can take six to seven hours to drive to Los Angeles.

You already have to drive this way anyway, so how is people taking a train instead of driving on the highway going to make traffic worse, especially since you said people from LA and Orange counties won't use it anyway?
228 miles, spend a billion fixing the freeway

I have made the drive many times, although not in the last 5 years.

The train will not be any faster. More people would possibly come if somehow high speed rail could compete with the airports. That is the plan? Correct, to lessen air traffic? So using the airports, will now commute to rancho cucamonga.

How will the high speed rail transverse the two steep gradients. In the rest of the world there is no high speed going up or down steep gradients.

Through the cajon pass, where will the train transverse, alongside the freight rail? Or is the plan to use the freight rail?

Parking 1 hour
Transversing the Cajon pass, 1 hour
Across the Mojave desert 1 hour
Last steep gradient before Nevada, 30 minutes
Getting off the train and finding transportation, 1 hour

How many trips a day?
How many trains?
One or two rails?
What about the existing rails?
How much public land will be given to the project for rock bottom below market value prices?
Why not just add lanes to the freeway?
Why has the freeway not been updated since 1963?

Private investors have already studied and made a plan, it failed due to the cost to build it and use it.
Democrats love everything that has failed

A 4.5 hour train trip vs a 3 hour car drive?

Having high speed passenger trains are part of the secret plan of the cabal to take over the world
You can rest assured that the Washington Establishment is getting their cut from this and every other spending program. You need to understand that a DIME doesn't get spent without the Washington elites getting their cut and that's why they're in favor of virtually any and ALL spending programs.

Private investors have already studied and made a plan, it failed due to the cost to build it and use it.
They love it because it enriches them and their allies. They don't care if it's a good idea or if it helps poor and middle-class Americans. The bottom line is the connected Washington Establishment elites further enrich themselves and that is all that matters.

But yes, libs support anything that grows government and shrinks the private sector
There is a significant number of Republicans who are in lockstep with Democrats in stealing the people's wealth.

I did. And, even though you hate the existing rail, you would rather be a stick-in-the-mud than open your mind to new ideas.

How’s that for enlightenment? You’re welcome.
Yes, you just proved again you are a bigot, claiming you know how someone feels about something without asking.

Why so confrontational, you could actually discuss this stuff rationally instead of being bigoted, and then following with insults.

I traveled across country on Amtrack
I used the rail from San Juan Capistrano to San Diego, then on to TiaJuana
I have traveled many times from Pittsburg to Detroit
I have also done the trip from Oakland to San Juan Capistrano

Although at times pleasurable, each trip sucked tremendously.

You hate it so much that you don't want to see it replaced? Yeah, like I said...way past your bedtime. Don't forget those meds. :itsok:
and way above your level of education
high speed rail is not replacing anything from Rancho Cucamonga to Las Vegas

freight trains are not going to become high speed, and that steep pass, El Cajon, will never ever be transversed by a train fully loaded with passengers above 20 mph, if that.

there is such a thing as physics

How is the democrat party the party of science when the simplest of things, that are proven, they argue with?

Yeah, he hates the existing conditions but hates it even more if it is changed. Holy masochistic Batman, indeed. :)

Yes, you just proved again you are a bigot, claiming you know how someone feels about something without asking.

Why so confrontational, you could actually discuss this stuff rationally instead of being bigoted, and then following with insults.

I traveled across country on Amtrack
I used the rail from San Juan Capistrano to San Diego, then on to TiaJuana
I have traveled many times from Pittsburg to Detroit
I have also done the trip from Oakland to San Juan Capistrano

Although at times pleasurable, each trip sucked tremendously.
LOL That's not exactly the meaning of bigot but hey, at least you are consistent. You are always wrong about everything!! :rolleyes:

and way above your level of education
high speed rail is not replacing anything from Rancho Cucamonga to Las Vegas

freight trains are not going to become high speed, and that steep pass, El Cajon, will never ever be transversed by a train fully loaded with passengers above 20 mph, if that.

there is such a thing as physics

How is the democrat party the party of science when the simplest of things, that are proven, they argue with?
:itsok:

228 miles, spend a billion fixing the freeway

I have made the drive many times, although not in the last 5 years.

The train will not be any faster. More people would possibly come if somehow high speed rail could compete with the airports. That is the plan? Correct, to lessen air traffic? So using the airports, will now commute to rancho cucamonga.

How will the high speed rail transverse the two steep gradients. In the rest of the world there is no high speed going up or down steep gradients.

Through the cajon pass, where will the train transverse, alongside the freight rail? Or is the plan to use the freight rail?

Parking 1 hour
Transversing the Cajon pass, 1 hour
Across the Mojave desert 1 hour
Last steep gradient before Nevada, 30 minutes
Getting off the train and finding transportation, 1 hour

How many trips a day?
How many trains?
One or two rails?
What about the existing rails?
How much public land will be given to the project for rock bottom below market value prices?
Why not just add lanes to the freeway?
Why has the freeway not been updated since 1963?

A 4.5 hour train trip vs a 3 hour car drive?

First off, your times are speculation. Nonetheless, I never said it would necessarily be faster, but it does alleviate the stress of having to drive in that mess and on key days, like Sundays, for instance, it would definitely be faster. You can make the same argument about flying. Between the commuting time to and from the airports, assuming you arrive two hours early as suggested, and about an hour and 20 minutes from gate to gate, it's really no faster than driving, which is the reason I usually just drive rather than fly out there.

Also, I'm still waiting for you to explain your earlier comments of how having this rail service will create more traffic between LA and RC if, as you continue to claim, no one will use it anyway.

Forum List

Back