Using the "funny" option to mock and ridicule.

Unfortunately, the CDZ has morphed into something other than a clean debate forum. .

It should be called the "March in lockstep with politically-correct authoritarians or else", forum.

It's open season on anybody who isn't part of the hive mind.

Wait, you ridicule the "hive mind" and "authoritarians" in the same post where you demand that no one use the 'Funny' button on posts in a certain forum? lol Really?

I agree, but Dogmaphobe is saying that shouldn't be happening in the CDZ specifically, which I agree with. It matters less, if at all, elsewhere.

Seems an easy enough concept to me. If it is to be a clean debate forum, why allow those threatened by any idea that falls outside of their collective mind to ridicule any who dare to be different?

"Clean" debate? It's more like a bunch of "Heathers".

Unfortunately, the CDZ has morphed into something other than a clean debate forum. .

It should be called the "March in lockstep with politically-correct authoritarians or else", forum.

Wait, you ridicule the "hive mind" and "authoritarians" in the same post where you demand that no one use the 'Funny' button on posts in a certain forum? lol Really?
The CDZ is supposed to be for "Clean Debate".
Mocking is not part of clean debate.

Last edited:
"funny" is silly------people should be able to ARTICULATE (the finger way) their reactions

I do that AND I funny the silly posts sometimes. Sometimes people are so dense, all you can do is laugh. :D
I agree, but Dogmaphobe is saying that shouldn't be happening in the CDZ specifically, which I agree with. It matters less, if at all, elsewhere.

Oh Tilly darling, do you funny serious postings in the CDZ?

Come on now, tell the truth.

Now, I realize you folks did away with the neg rep for a reason, but there has been an increased usage of the "funny" option by posters who do so solely for the purpose to mock and ridicule serious postings. Now, I realize this is allowed by site policy throughout the forum since the one person who follows me around doing so is a mod. I don't question this policy and am fine with it.

This place has a "clean debate" zone, however, and this practice also occurs in the clean debate -- usually by those with extremely partisan views. It doesn't seem to me that such mockery and derision should be part of this "clean debate" since it is an obvious provocation and amounts to trolling.

I think you folks should reconsider its use in a forum devoted to clean debate.

Aaaah... Poor baby.

No demands, there, dude. Just a suggestion.

There is one group of people who are made so uncomfortable by any post that does not conform to their rigid orthodoxy that they immediately ridicule anybody who is not one of them.

If you think such playground antics constitutes "clean debate", then so be it. Seems to me that if a forum says "clean debate" and those of a specific political bent are allowed to mock anybody who does not march in lockstep with them when others can't, then there isn't any debate at all, much less one that is clean.

We had a pretty clean debate Thursday. It takes a title that isn't inflammatory, mod help at times and some people that decide to really exchange points of view and stay on topic. Anything less and things go sideways in a big hurry. Sometimes I forget a thread is in the CDZ, which means I am not on my best behavior.

A funny as a negative simply means the poster is too slow and uninformed to make a decent reply. I take it as hello I just wanted you to know I am stupid. Being the kind generous soul I am I politely ignore it.

I'm a little short of funnies, can you loan me some?
I've been bonging mine...

It'll cost you....inflation you know..

I'm not giving up any of my funnies! :p

I could give you a deal on a twofer....

I don't have my glasses on, and I thought that read "twoofer".

I was getting ready to PM you to ask that you keep Dale away from me. lol

Umh...I'm not touching Dale....just saying.....

Forum List

Back