Using the "funny" option to mock and ridicule.

Dogmaphobe

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2014
Or uh gun
Now, I realize you folks did away with the neg rep for a reason, but there has been an increased usage of the "funny" option by posters who do so solely for the purpose to mock and ridicule serious postings. Now, I realize this is allowed by site policy throughout the forum since the one person who follows me around doing so is a mod. I don't question this policy and am fine with it.

This place has a "clean debate" zone, however, and this practice also occurs in the clean debate -- usually by those with extremely partisan views. It doesn't seem to me that such mockery and derision should be part of this "clean debate" since it is an obvious provocation and amounts to trolling.

I think you folks should reconsider its use in a forum devoted to clean debate.

Will.Not.Hit.Funny.
Will.Not.Hit.Funny.
Will.Not.Hit.Funny.
Will.Not.Hit.Funny.

*sigh* I miss the old USMB. The rawest most hard hitting free speechest place on the interwebs.

Now, it's been co-opted. . .

Unfortunately, the CDZ has morphed into something other than a clean debate forum. But perhaps we need a new rating to indicate disagreement. I realize that would potentially change the rating statistics requiring a total positive ratings and a total negative ratings.

"funny" is silly------people should be able to ARTICULATE (the finger way) their reactions

Unfortunately, the CDZ has morphed into something other than a clean debate forum. But perhaps we need a new rating to indicate disagreement. I realize that would potentially change the rating statistics requiring a total positive ratings and a total negative ratings.

Yep. Break the rules and the mods fold. Instead of cleaning up threads and enforcing the rules, the thread just gets moved.

Same thing happened with the 'new rules' in the Politics forum.

FACT: USMess is not the place for civil adult discourse.

images

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Forum List

Back