What people buy with "food stamps"

TheDude

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2016
U.S.A. gone wild
I don't know why we allow this BS. Here you go Trump, you can cut food stamps by a minimum 20% easy peasy. Heck, you can buy chewing gum with food stamps.....This is from the Huffing Liberal Post:

WASHINGTON ― Though people like to complain about food stamp recipients using their benefits for unhealthy things like soda and extravagances like crab legs, new data show they buy basically the same food as everyone else.

Households participating in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program and households that didn’t get benefits both bought a lot of junk food, according to a new study commissioned by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which oversees the program.

About 40 cents of every dollar went to basics like bread, milk, meat, eggs, fruits and vegetables for both types of households. And 20 cents of every dollar went to sodas and salty snacks. As a percentage of their spending, soft drinks were the top individual commodity among food stamp households, and they came in second place among non-SNAP households.

Here's What People Buy With Food Stamps | The Huffington Post

Soda pop is the #1 commodity among FS households and #2 among non-FS households? Safe to say that's in dollars?

Regardless, you can contribute that to another reason we're dumbing down FAST. I don't allow that shit in my house unless a special occasion.

Forum List

Back