Trump writes law letting puerto ricans use food stamps for prepared food.

You conservatives bitched endlessly every time that Obama signed an EO to get something done.

Now? You praise Trump everytime he signs an EO.

Which is it conservatives, do you hate EO's or not? You've been bitching that EO's are a "dictator's" way of getting around Congress, so since Trump has done so many of them, does that make Trump a dictator as well?
So! You want the Puerto Rican's to starve? Why? Because they are brown?

Actually, I'm kinda happy that he actually did something good. I'm just wondering why you guys give Trump a pass on all his EO's, when you bitched incessantly about Obama doing it.

You conservatives bitched endlessly every time that Obama signed an EO to get something done.

Which is it conservatives, do you hate EO's or not? You've been bitching that EO's are a "dictator's" way of getting around Congress, so since Trump has done so many of them, does that make Trump a dictator as well?

Actually, I'm kinda happy that he actually did something good. I'm just wondering why you guys give Trump a pass on all his EO's, when you bitched incessantly about Obama doing it.
I love it when democrats set precedents then bitch when Republicans do it. Like the nuclear option. That was priceless!

I love it when democrats set precedents then bitch when Republicans do it. Like the nuclear option. That was priceless!

Nobody is bitching that he did it retard.

The OP is retarded.

And, Trump did another head fake on you nuts. He denied the request at first and nutbags cheered. He reversed his decision to do the humane thing (and mirror what he did with Harvey) and nutbags still cheer.

Never fails.
He reversed because someone let him know that many of the refrigerated containers sitting on ships and warehouses are full of restaurant foods not suitable for mass distribution to individuals without having to go through a process of repackaging and frozen food distribution is a bad idea for an area and environment where refrigeration is not available to the bulk of the population. Tons of foods are available that make soup kitchen type distribution the only viable means of distribution. Restaurants will have the ability to prepare those foods for distribution and receive reimbursement for the food being distributed and the cost of preparing it.

Sure you are asswipe!

Sure you are asswipe!

Who is other than the twink who started the thread?

This is like obama. The president writing laws when the constitution says only congress can do that.

Trump officials allow Puerto Ricans to use food stamps for hot food

oct 3 2017 The Trump administration has granted a waiver so that Puerto Ricans can use food stamp benefits to purchase prepared food in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.

In a letter dated Sept. 30 and obtained by The Hill, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) said recipients of the island’s Nutritional Assistance Program (NAP) would be able to use their benefits to purchase hot food at any store through November.

Food stamp recipients are usually prohibited from buying hot foods and other items that can be eaten “in store,” such as sandwiches, soup or pizza.

Its an emergency. Its Ok

Sure you are asswipe!

Nope. I'm pleased that he allowed it, fool.

Of course it's a law you fool. Trump should have gone to congress and asked them to change the law. He can't grant waivers to the law. This is just like obama and his amnesties. THINK

Actually he can, under emergency powers rules, and these weather disasters most certainly count as emergencies.

You ignorant jackass. The constitution says only congress can write laws and if congress wants to transfer some of that legislative power to the president, then congress needs to go to the states and get the constitution amended.

Congress cannot amend the constitution by stature. Why can't you understand that?

Nothing wrong with EOs as long as they are truly EOs and not laws. EOs are supposed to apply only to people working in the executive branch. You don't know what an executive order is.

This is like obama. The president writing laws when the constitution says only congress can do that.

oct 3 2017 The Trump administration has granted a waiver so that Puerto Ricans can use food stamp benefits to purchase prepared food in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.

In a letter dated Sept. 30 and obtained by The Hill, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) said recipients of the island’s Nutritional Assistance Program (NAP) would be able to use their benefits to purchase hot food at any store through November.

Food stamp recipients are usually prohibited from buying hot foods and other items that can be eaten “in store,” such as sandwiches, soup or pizza.
Of course, Trump wrote nothing , and likely has no idea this even happened.

Of course it's a law you fool. Trump should have gone to congress and asked them to change the law. He can't grant waivers to the law. This is just like obama and his amnesties. THINK

Actually he can, under emergency powers rules, and these weather disasters most certainly count as emergencies.

You ignorant jackass. The constitution says only congress can write laws and if congress wants to transfer some of that legislative power to the president, then congress needs to go to the states and get the constitution amended.

Congress cannot amend the constitution by stature. Why can't you understand that?

You want to double down on full Retard, go ahead; I don't mind.

Nope. I'm pleased that he allowed it, fool.

So how do you justify trump writing this law when the constitution says only congress can write laws? THINK

It is called an executive order and the power came from congress to begin with. Congress granted the executive some of its power to govern the agencies and move money around at the executive level. Congress sure as fuck couldn't do it all.

I am glad that Puerto Rico is being helped.

Learn something about government before you post.

George Washington and Adams used executive orders.

lol this idiot is convinced Trump passed a law or something, so no use in pretending reality is going to do anything for his brand of Stupid; it doesn't work on Democrats, so don't expect that to work on wingnuts at the other extreme, either.

You see this is what I liked about Trump over all other Republican candidates, he is more liberal. I am a democrat, but I like how more liberal he is than other Republicans. I would of preferred Hillary or Bernie, but he is more liberal than the other Republican candidates and that is what I like about him.

It is called an executive order and the power came from congress to begin with. Congress granted the executive some of its power to govern the agencies and move money around at the executive level. Congress sure as fuck couldn't do it all.

George Washington and Adams used executive orders.

You don't know what an EO is. It's something a president issues to explain how he will enforce the law. It is supposed to apply only to employees of the executive branch.

OTOH if trump wants to change a law, he should go to congress. So why didn't he? I bet they would have gone along with this.

A wavier is not law, it is the setting aside of a law on a temporary basis. It is the humane thing to do for a time. Beats letting victims starve to death.

WOW, Trump did the same thing, telling the IRS to grant waivers to stop collecting the penalty tax for not having qualifying healthcare under the ACA.

You applauded Trump doing by EO, what he couldn't do by law.

This executive order is leading to a major tax change
Some of the more disliked, but critical, components of Obamacare are the individual mandate and associated Shared Responsibility Payment (SRP). The individual mandate is the actionable component of Obamacare requiring all persons to buy health insurance or face penalties come tax time.

However, the IRS had made it clear that any Form 1040s (the standard tax form) filed for the 2016 calendar tax year without line 61 filled in -- the line that would demonstrate to the IRS if you had health coverage or paid the SRP -- would be rejected.

But Trump's executive order changed everything.

Forum List

Back