USA is one of very few nations where the poor people are fat

Thats funny to me...and also peculiar to at least one Indian, apparently...

“A friend from India told me that a countryman of his said: ‘I want to go to America. I want to see a country where poor people are fat.’”
--@ThomasSowell
Carbs are cheap. When you are poor, you eat what is cheap.

You're welcome.
Bullshit. Poor people eat junk food. McDonalds, potato chips, oreos, sugart cereals, etc..

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Middle class people eat as much junk food.

Idiot.

Actually, they don't. That's why they aren't as fat. The wealthier people are, the less junk food they eat.

Sad that there is so little compassion for others on this board, sure I resent the lazy & the sleazy that take advantage of our system. yet we are to lazy to work on improving the system, & kid's by no fault of there own go hungry in a country where just one citizen now is worth 100 billion dollars. & working people worry as we become a two class nation.
Our poor children are obese. They aren't hungry. They have never missed a burger.
Half the children in America are poor and a third of them go to bed hungry every night. You stupid a******
That's commie propaganda.

“A friend from India told me that a countryman of his said: ‘I want to go to America. I want to see a country where poor people are fat.’”
--@ThomasSowell

You're welcome.
Bullshit. Poor people eat junk food. McDonalds, potato chips, oreos, sugart cereals, etc..

Idiot.

Actually, they don't. That's why they aren't as fat. The wealthier people are, the less junk food they eat.
It's not the food, it's the quantity. You won't get fat if you use more calories than you eat.

I challenge anyone to do 5 Big Macs a day for a month vs yours truly! I might put on 1 pound. Defective genetics will make a retard fat!

--@ThomasSowell
Cheap food is high in carbohydrates, but conservatives cannot understand such a complex subject.

So, hang onto your ignorance. It's what you folks do best.

Yes, poor people are often overweight - mostly due to poor diet.
Obama said he would lower sea levels. Maybe he should have focused on our fucked up food supply regulated by the government. Obama failed and didn't do a damn thing for those that do not shop at Whole Foods. His wife effectively burned a bunch of money and recieved a ton of media hype, but also failed.

--@ThomasSowell
Sneering at the poor isn't enough for those lacking compassion and voting Republican. Now they want the poor to starve and actually look like the poor in third world countries. Those lacking compassion and voting Republican cannot appreciate the fact that "The Greatest Nation of Earth" is not measured by the wealth of the few, but how it cares for the least fortunate among us.

Perhaps if the poor laid around languidly and developed indifference to flies, those lacking compassion and voting Republican might take notice of their plight and stop sneering.

--@ThomasSowell
Cheap food is high in carbohydrates, but conservatives cannot understand such a complex subject.

Expensive junk food is also high in carbohydrates and fat, and that will make you fat in no time at all.

Carrots, Green Beans, Onions, Celery, Lettuce, Apples, Cucumbers, and lots of other produce are all cheap and low in carbohyrdates. Welfare moms don't buy this stuff because it requires effort to prepare. A bag of potato chips, on the other hand requires no preparation.

Why don't you all start imagining not having a car to lug 200lbs of groceries a month.
Then skipping out on the grocery bill and always picking up convenience-food instead.

One example of how being poor leads to gaining weight.

see what happens when u eat mac/cheese on a daily basis?
If you eat 7-Eleven Pizza Captain Crunch mac and cheese Corner Store lasagna TV dinners, you get fat and hungry at the same time very unhealthy.

Exactly,

the Poor can't afford that gym member ship or expensive food with less carbs.

Also the poor work all fucking day long and need to get something fast on their breaks and lunch so they stop in the McDonalds. Why does Rexxs the fag Taylor hate the working man?

--@ThomasSowell

Expensive junk food is also high in carbohydrates and fat, and that will make you fat in no time at all.

Carrots, Green Beans, Onions, Celery, Lettuce, Apples, Cucumbers, and lots of other produce are all cheap and low in carbohyrdates. Welfare moms don't buy this stuff because it requires effort to prepare. A bag of potato chips, on the other hand requires no preparation.
Democrats were just starting to get supermarkets in to the ghettos... And good buses going... And when they finally do borrow somebody's car they get Republicans yelling how they have a beautiful cars and food stamps. LOL

see what happens when u eat mac/cheese on a daily basis?
If you eat 7-Eleven Pizza Captain Crunch mac and cheese Corner Store lasagna TV dinners, you get fat and hungry at the same time very unhealthy.

Exactly,

the Poor can't afford that gym member ship or expensive food with less carbs.

Also the poor work all fucking day long and need to get something fast on their breaks and lunch so they stop in the McDonalds. Why does Rexxs the fag Taylor hate the working man?
You don't need a gym membership or "expensive food with less carbs." You just need to eat less. It's something called moderation.

--@ThomasSowell
Sneering at the poor isn't enough for those lacking compassion and voting Republican. Now they want the poor to starve and actually look like the poor in third world countries. Those lacking compassion and voting Republican cannot appreciate the fact that "The Greatest Nation of Earth" is not measured by the wealth of the few, but how it cares for the least fortunate among us.

Perhaps if the poor laid around languidly and developed indifference to flies, those lacking compassion and voting Republican might take notice of their plight and stop sneering.
Not only are the poor not starving, but they spend an inordinate amount of time telling us how hungry they are.

--@ThomasSowell

Democrats were just starting to get supermarkets in to the ghettos... And good buses going... And when they finally do borrow somebody's car they get Republicans yelling how they have a beautiful cars and food stamps. LOL
When a grocery store does open in the ghetto, the poor might try not robbing the place into oblivion

--@ThomasSowell
Most Americans are fat btw...we are the unhealthiest "developped" country on earth.

--@ThomasSowell

You're welcome.

Idiot.

Try again, dummy. Your “common sense” is worth as much as my morning dump. Read. Then type.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.newsweek.com/health-america-everyone-eats-fast-food-648042?amp=1
Poorer people in the U.S. are less likely to eat fast food than the middle class, study finds

--@ThomasSowell

Good point but those people aren't really poor.

America is one of the very few nations where there are almost no poor people. We can thank the free enterprise market system, which generates wealth at a pace you wouldn't even believe.

Last edited:
Why don't you all start imagining not having a car to lug 200lbs of groceries a month.
Then skipping out on the grocery bill and always picking up convenience-food instead.

One example of how being poor leads to gaining weight.

200 lbs of groceries? No wonder they are fat

Forum List

Back