US quietly sent $221M to Palestinians in Obama's last hours

Wasn't this right after Obama gave Israel a shitload of money? Why does it bother you?

Why doesn't giving almost a quarter BILLION taxpayer dollars to a terrorist organization bother you?
huh.gif

What terrorist organization?

Wasn't this right after Obama gave Israel a shitload of money? Why does it bother you?
And how he's treated Israel the last 8 years, Israel should be getting that dough. I hope Trump can bring that money back...The Muslim in Office is now gone! Thank God!

Actually, despite the faux claims here - Obama has been quite pro Israel.

Just because Obama holds Israel to a two-state solution and a freeze on settlements doesn't change that.

Obama Israel Trip: Is Obama the Most Pro-Israel President Ever?
Considering the opinions spouted by Republican press releases, conservative talk radio, and certain news networks, you might be excused for thinking that President Obama’s policy towards Israel is slightly better than Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s. This is the president who has “thrown…Israel under the bus,” right?

But the reality of the Obama administration’s relationship with Israel just might surprise you. In fact, when compared to his predecessors, Obama might just be one of the most uncompromisingly pro-Israel presidents we’ve had yet.

In line with his general approach to foreign policy, much of Obama’s support to Israel has been of a low-key, behind the scenes nature. He’s allocated $3.1 billion in military aid to Israel for 2013, a number which has grown every year of his presidency. He’s funded the Iron Dome defense system and David’s Sling interceptor missile, as well as doubled emergency weapons stockpiles in Israel. In 2009, Obama secretly transferred bunker-busting bombs to Israel for the first time.

The Obama administration has demonstrated resounding support for Israel in the United Nations, strongly opposing Palestinian statehood last year. The U.S. was one of only 9 countries to vote nay. Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu personally thanked Obama for his "unwavering support for Israel's right to defend itself" during Operation Pillar of Defense, and Obama received extensive praise for his efforts in protecting the Israeli embassy in Egypt in 2011. The United States has greatly intensified diplomatic and economic pressure on Iran, Israel’s public enemy #1.

In the words of Haaretz correspondent Barak Ravid, "if funding Iron Dome is Obama's way of throwing Israel under the bus, I am praying he will throw us under a train." Even Mitt Romney found it difficult to outflank the president on the topic...

Explain, please, how so much support is actually being "anti-Israel".

Obama is pro-Israel? You really, actually believe that?

What actions above indicate he is anti-Israel? That's a huge amount of support he's given Israel, more then many other presidents. Rather than depend on partisan rhetoric - let's look at the actual record.

His statements about Israel show he's not, as does what he did to them in the Security Counsel. All your actions are explained by his taking credit for foreign aid he had nothing to do with and appeasing the Jewish lobby.

Now answer my question. You truly believe he's pro-Israel. Seriously?

:lmao:

So in your world he hates Israel but appeases the "Jewish lobby". I have to give you credit for stretching to cover all bases.

Actions speak louder then words - he's given Israel a tremendous amount of foreign aid and just signed the biggest aid deal ever with them (that he had EVERYTHING to do with) and you can't even bring yourself to acknowledge it.

Why doesn't giving almost a quarter BILLION taxpayer dollars to a terrorist organization bother you?
huh.gif

You don't know any connection between the Palestinian government and terrorism? Wow, you don't follow the news at all

Be specific. Where is the money going and for what? You mentioned terrorist organizations. Name them, and how much money they are getting.

Imagine a world with no middle east deities like Yahweh and Allah (and the failed neo-Essene messiah Jesus too) who were actually both the same early on... That said, other primitive cultures have bizarre beliefs too, like India in which they don't realize cows are hamburgers.

And how he's treated Israel the last 8 years, Israel should be getting that dough. I hope Trump can bring that money back...The Muslim in Office is now gone! Thank God!

Just because Obama holds Israel to a two-state solution and a freeze on settlements doesn't change that.

Considering the opinions spouted by Republican press releases, conservative talk radio, and certain news networks, you might be excused for thinking that President Obama’s policy towards Israel is slightly better than Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s. This is the president who has “thrown…Israel under the bus,” right?

But the reality of the Obama administration’s relationship with Israel just might surprise you. In fact, when compared to his predecessors, Obama might just be one of the most uncompromisingly pro-Israel presidents we’ve had yet.

In line with his general approach to foreign policy, much of Obama’s support to Israel has been of a low-key, behind the scenes nature. He’s allocated $3.1 billion in military aid to Israel for 2013, a number which has grown every year of his presidency. He’s funded the Iron Dome defense system and David’s Sling interceptor missile, as well as doubled emergency weapons stockpiles in Israel. In 2009, Obama secretly transferred bunker-busting bombs to Israel for the first time.

The Obama administration has demonstrated resounding support for Israel in the United Nations, strongly opposing Palestinian statehood last year. The U.S. was one of only 9 countries to vote nay. Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu personally thanked Obama for his "unwavering support for Israel's right to defend itself" during Operation Pillar of Defense, and Obama received extensive praise for his efforts in protecting the Israeli embassy in Egypt in 2011. The United States has greatly intensified diplomatic and economic pressure on Iran, Israel’s public enemy #1.

In the words of Haaretz correspondent Barak Ravid, "if funding Iron Dome is Obama's way of throwing Israel under the bus, I am praying he will throw us under a train." Even Mitt Romney found it difficult to outflank the president on the topic...

What actions above indicate he is anti-Israel? That's a huge amount of support he's given Israel, more then many other presidents. Rather than depend on partisan rhetoric - let's look at the actual record.

His statements about Israel show he's not, as does what he did to them in the Security Counsel. All your actions are explained by his taking credit for foreign aid he had nothing to do with and appeasing the Jewish lobby.

So in your world he hates Israel but appeases the "Jewish lobby". I have to give you credit for stretching to cover all bases.

Actions speak louder then words - he's given Israel a tremendous amount of foreign aid and just signed the biggest aid deal ever with them (that he had EVERYTHING to do with) and you can't even bring yourself to acknowledge it.
Bullshit. Obama tried to cut aid to Israel every year but Congress increased it instead. In order to get support from Democrats in Congress Obama implicitly acknowledged he had made the world more dangerous for Israel with his Iran deal and promised to increase military aid to Israel to try to compensate for the danger he had created.

Pretty much everyone in the ME other than Iran is glad Obama is gone.

You don't grasp hating Israel and appeasing a lobby that votes for him, sure you don't. I'm not answering any more of your questions in this discussion until you answer mine.

"Now answer my question. You truly believe he's pro-Israel. Seriously?"

You don't grasp hating Israel and appeasing a lobby that votes for him, sure you don't. I'm not answering any more of your questions in this discussion until you answer mine.

I'm not sure why I should answer your questions since most of the time we interact, you do not answer mine.

But yes, he's pro-Israel. His actions over his entire presidency, and especially signing such a huge aid package for them at the end of the presidency, is proof.

huh.gif

You don't know any connection between the Palestinian government and terrorism? Wow, you don't follow the news at all

Be specific. Where is the money going and for what? You mentioned terrorist organizations. Name them, and how much money they are getting.

Again, I'm not answering your questions as long as you're ignoring mine

The money goes into the pockets of Hamas terrorists who buy Iranian rockets to fire at Israeli homes and schools. This was another of Barry's turds left on our doorstep before he flew off into the sunset.

Bullshit. Obama tried to cut aid to Israel every year but Congress increased it instead. In order to get support from Democrats in Congress Obama implicitly acknowledged he had made the world more dangerous for Israel with his Iran deal and promised to increase military aid to Israel to try to compensate for the danger he had created.

Pretty much everyone in the ME other than Iran is glad Obama is gone.

Bullshit not. Enough with the "alternative facts" - the record speaks for itself. Obama Has a Stronger Record on Israel Than You Might Have Been Led to Think

Israel continues to be the top recipient of U.S. foreign military financing, and for fiscal year 2016, the administration requested $3.1 billion in funding. The two nations also have begun preliminary talks on a long-term package that would provide up to $45 billion in security assistance grant aid through 2028. Early this year, Israel signed a contract with the United States for the purchase of 14 F-35 fighter jets, amounting to $3 billion.

Since Obama entered office, Israel has received more than $20.5 billion in foreign military financing. Unlike President George W. Bush, who rejected Israel’s request for bunker-buster bombs, Obama became the first president to approve the sale of these advanced weapons, and in the fall of 2012, the U.S. and Israel participated in Austere Challenge 12, the largest joint military exercise ever to be held between the two countries.

Under Obama, the U.S. and Israel have continued Juniper Cobra, a joint exercise that has been held every two years since 2001 to test our joint ability to respond to missile attacks and improve preparedness, as well as coordination between our armed forces.

Unlike Bush, who gave Israel’s Iron Dome system a frosty response, Obama has led the way in funding and supporting the research, development and production of the Iron Dome — which has been crucial in helping Israel defend itself against terrorist rocket attacks — as well as the joint U.S.-Israel missile defense systems David’s Sling, the Arrow II and Arrow III. Since 2011, the United States has provided Israel with more than $1.3 billion for the Iron Dome system alone.

huh.gif

Again, I'm not answering your questions as long as you're ignoring mine

I answered your question.

I'm not sure why I should answer your questions since most of the time we interact, you do not answer mine.

But yes, he's pro-Israel. His actions over his entire presidency, and especially signing such a huge aid package for them at the end of the presidency, is proof.

I knew you would say that if I pressed, I had to have a good laugh for the day. Obama, the pro-Israel President. Up is down, black is white, liberals are tolerant. You're a hoot.

And I answered your questions right up until you started going with racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists! racists!

Which made no sense since we weren't discussing racism until suddenly it became an issue to you on an unrelated topic

Officials said Monday that the Obama administration-- in its waning hours-- defied Republican opposition and quietly released $221 million to the Palestinian Authority that GOP members of Congress had been blocking.

A State Department official and several congressional aides told The Associated Press that the outgoing administration formally notified Congress it would spend the money Friday morning.

The official said former Secretary of State John Kerry had informed some lawmakers of the move shortly before he left the State Department for the last time Thursday.

The aides said written notification dated Jan. 20 was sent to Congress just hours before Donald Trump took the oath of office.

In addition to the $221 million for the Palestinians, the Obama administration also told Congress on Friday it was going ahead with the release of another $6 million in foreign affairs spending, including $4 million for climate change programs and $1.25 million for U.N. organizations, the congressional aides said.

The aides and the State Department official weren't authorized to speak publicly on the matter and demanded anonymity.

One last spit in the face of Israel. I'm so happy Obama is now a private citizen. What a waste of 8 years.
Forget Israel! It is spit in the face of every true American. Just shows how vindictive the man really is!

The money goes into the pockets of Hamas terrorists who buy Iranian rockets to fire at Israeli homes and schools. This was another of Barry's turds left on our doorstep before he flew off into the sunset.

Please show this particular aid deal will do that.

I knew you would say that if I pressed, I had to have a good laugh for the day. Obama, the pro-Israel President. Up is down, black is white, liberals are tolerant. You're a hoot

Translation: I won't answer your questions.

Duly noted.

This is the third time we caught Obama sending our tax dollars out of the country under the cover of darkness....I want an investigation.

I knew you would say that if I pressed, I had to have a good laugh for the day. Obama, the pro-Israel President. Up is down, black is white, liberals are tolerant. You're a hoot

Translation: I won't answer your questions.

Duly noted.

LOL, you were snotty when I responded to your posts before I had read your answer and now you're snotty about it when I responded to your posts before you saw my response

Forum List

Back