Politicians get criticised, but Trump can't cope

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014
This is a familiar theme that runs through newer political parties. UKIP, whose ex leader Farage Trump is buddies with, did the same thing. They think that somehow they don't have to put up with the same level of criticism that all other presidents had to put up with.

Trump now finds it demoralizing. Oh, boo the fuck hoo. You won, and now you can't cope with the pressure of the job. So why did you bother in the first place? This is why you don't put someone in as CEO of a company who has only ever worked in a diner serving greasy food, because you don't know whether they're up to the pressure. Trump and his team are cracking already.

Government loses Supreme Court case over Article 50

As one person put it:

"Trump will be criticized for his entire presidency just as Obama, Bush, Clinton and every President since the beginning of the Republic. He better get used to it."

I guess what you democrats are missing is that Trump simply doesn't give a flying fuck while he destroys you....he is doing it for entertainment...and that should scare the hell out of you.....

This is a familiar theme that runs through newer political parties. UKIP, whose ex leader Farage Trump is buddies with, did the same thing. They think that somehow they don't have to put up with the same level of criticism that all other presidents had to put up with.

Trump now finds it demoralizing. Oh, boo the fuck hoo. You won, and now you can't cope with the pressure of the job. So why did you bother in the first place? This is why you don't put someone in as CEO of a company who has only ever worked in a diner serving greasy food, because you don't know whether they're up to the pressure. Trump and his team are cracking already.

As one person put it:

"Trump will be criticized for his entire presidency just as Obama, Bush, Clinton and every President since the beginning of the Republic. He better get used to it."

Pretty much every President has had their own style and methods for pushing back against the Press when they get irritated by them, Trump's style just happens to be more boisterous (and at times obnoxious) than what we've seen in a long time (TR was probably the last President that even came close), no big deal.

Personally I liked Ronald Reagan's style of using humor and witty jabs to smack the press around when they got under his skin, Clinton was pretty good at it too.

Personally I liked Ronald Reagan's style of using humor and witty jabs to smack the press around when they got under his skin, Clinton was pretty good at it too.
Oh, amen. Trump is so goddamn hypersensitive and insecure that he just has to attack back. This crap about how he only lost the popular vote because of illegals, and the madness about the crowd size - he could have just ignored it all. But no, he HAS to keep it going.

Doesn't he know the press is going to take advantage of this? Can no one around him get this through to him?

He doesn't get that there's more than one way to skin a cat. He could use humor and wit and intellectual dexterity to fuck with the press, but he simply doesn't possess those attributes. He never will.

As one person put it:

Pretty much every President has had their own style and methods for pushing back against the Press when they get irritated by them, Trump's style just happens to be more boisterous (and at times obnoxious) than what we've seen in a long time (TR was probably the last President that even came close), no big deal.

Some have style, some are Trump, yeah. But it's ridiculous and he's going to have to fight them every day for 4 years....

Oh, amen. Trump is so goddamn hypersensitive and insecure that he just has to attack back. This crap about how he only lost the popular vote because of illegals, and the madness about the crowd size - he could have just ignored it all. But no, he HAS to keep it going.

Doesn't he know the press is going to take advantage of this? Can no one around him get this through to him?

He doesn't get that there's more than one way to skin a cat. He could use humor and wit and intellectual dexterity to fuck with the press, but he simply doesn't possess those attributes.
Trump is playing several moves ahead of your limited intellect......:lol:

Oh, amen. Trump is so goddamn hypersensitive and insecure that he just has to attack back.
You realize that many people said the exact same things about TR, right? IMHO the similarities in personality, energy and philosophy are striking.

Oh, amen. Trump is so goddamn hypersensitive and insecure that he just has to attack back.
You realize that many people said the exact same things about TR, right? IMHO the similarities in personality, energy and philosophy are striking.
Could be, but the difference here is that Trump's "personality" plays out in real time, non-stop, 24 hours a day. And he. Just. Keeps. FEEDING. It. He doesn't have to act this way.

Sure, his "base" loves it, and they're a constant source of balm for his insecurities.

But in the modern presidency, it shouldn't be about the insecurities of one man. He should have people there to advise him to SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I guess what you democrats are missing is that Trump simply doesn't give a flying fuck while he destroys you....he is doing it for entertainment...and that should scare the hell out of you.....
And you do not give a flying fuck while he destroys your country.

As one person put it:

Some have style, some are Trump, yeah. But it's ridiculous and he's going to have to fight them every day for 4 years....
Makes for good entertainment besides I'm not comfortable when politicians and the press have a comfy, lovey-dovey relationship, nor should any citizen be, since it doesn't make for an effective check on power, so let 'em fight tooth and nail every day.

"I'm in a hostile environment. I'm totally unprepared. And I'm surrounded by a bunch of guys who probably want to kick my ass... it's like being back in high school." -- Johnny Cage, Mortal Kombat

He doesn't get that there's more than one way to skin a cat. He could use humor and wit and intellectual dexterity to fuck with the press, but he simply doesn't possess those attributes. He never will.

The thing is the Press is used to taking advantage of politicians who care about what the press says. This guy doesn't.

And you do not give a flying fuck while he destroys your country.

Your side has already started that process by weaponinzing government at the federal level. Now that the tables have turned, your whining is sweet ambrosia.

Exactly, but this will never happen.

I was holding out a little hope that he would "pivot" at some point and become a normal, well-adjusted adult, but that's clearly not going to happen.

I was holding out a little hope that he would "pivot" at some point and become a normal, well-adjusted adult, but that's clearly not going to happen.
Trump is a gladiator....we sent him there to be a gladiator....he is behaving like a gladiator....he will triumph as a gladiator.....

You liberals best get the fuck out of his way.....

He is a petulant child.

Face it, our President has a bunch of mental illness issues and his staff is having a hard time hiding them.

But in the modern presidency, it shouldn't be about the insecurities of one man. He should have people there to advise him to SHUT THE FUCK UP.
Insecurities? What you see as insecurities others see as having the courage to speak ones mind and not back down when attacked, it's a hallmark of populism and Trump is playing it pretty well. IMHO it's one of the mechanisms he has utilized effectively to befuddle the Democrats, he puts out so many targets that they don't know which one to shoot at so they're stuck singing the same old tired tunes (racism! sexism! class warfare! yada, yada...) which haven't been working.

"I am sometimes a fox and sometimes a lion. The whole secret of government lies in knowing when to be the one or the other." -- Napoleon Bonaparte

Forum List

Back