Under Obama the middle east is a COMPLETE DISASTER

That is a fucking war not a stat.

Prior to Obama we had dictators that while anti American kept the hate and terrorism in check. Now we've got the fucking UN voting in favor of hammas in palestine. On top of that we're trying to being terrorists from gitmo to American soil ala Feinstein.

The stat is over 4000 of our sons and daughters died there for the lies that Bush and company sold us.

And the rest of the story:

The 2,000th American soldier died in Afghanistan last weekend as the result of a so-called “insider” attack, underscoring the crisis of the 11-year-old US occupation. The 2,000 mark was quickly surpassed, with another three US troops losing their lives in a suicide bombing in the eastern city of Khost that killed at least 14 others, including a translator and six Afghan policemen.

This is not to mention the more than 17,000 US troops who have been wounded in the Afghan war, many of them suffering loss of limbs and grievous brain injuries, nor the many more who have returned from the colonial-style war with serious psychological and emotional trauma.

More than two-thirds of the US deaths in Afghanistan have come since Barack Obama was inaugurated in 2009
, after winning the election in large measure due to popular antiwar sentiment and revulsion over the militarist policies of the Bush administration.

That is a fucking war not a stat.

Prior to Obama we had dictators that while anti American kept the hate and terrorism in check. Now we've got the fucking UN voting in favor of hammas in palestine. On top of that we're trying to being terrorists from gitmo to American soil ala Feinstein.

The stat is over 4000 of our sons and daughters died there for the lies that Bush and company sold us.

And the rest of the story:

The 2,000th American soldier died in Afghanistan last weekend as the result of a so-called “insider” attack, underscoring the crisis of the 11-year-old US occupation. The 2,000 mark was quickly surpassed, with another three US troops losing their lives in a suicide bombing in the eastern city of Khost that killed at least 14 others, including a translator and six Afghan policemen.

This is not to mention the more than 17,000 US troops who have been wounded in the Afghan war, many of them suffering loss of limbs and grievous brain injuries, nor the many more who have returned from the colonial-style war with serious psychological and emotional trauma.

More than two-thirds of the US deaths in Afghanistan have come since Barack Obama was inaugurated in 2009
, after winning the election in large measure due to popular antiwar sentiment and revulsion over the militarist policies of the Bush administration.

Let's not forget about all of the dead civilians from drone attacks the press keeps ignoring.

I wish Bush had this kind of coverage.

Word has it the Obama Administration is about to throw in the towel on the war against al Qaeda......even after Benghazi. The sooner they completely sweep it under the rug to sooner they can end it. I guess they aren't intent on going after em for killing those 4 Americans.......reminds me of OJ and his promise to find who killed Nicole.

US official signals end to war against Al-Qaeda

Last edited:
That is a fact and it can not be denied. Bush was bad, Obama is horrendous.

Dominoes...starting with Saddam Hussein! Damn that Obama for invading Iraq!

Bet you'd cheer just about anything that makes this country look bad.

Not at all...It embarasses me.

Hard to believe they trusted you with a commission.

Hard to believe you can address a topic and not meander off on some personal thingee. BTW....the military has to clean up the mess made by bloodthirsty people like you.

Hard to believe you can address a topic and not meander off on some personal thingee. BTW....the military has to clean up the mess made by bloodthirsty people like you.

I have no blood on my hands.

Can't say the same for your boy Obama.

Word has it the Obama Administration is about to throw in the towel on the war against al Qaeda......even after Benghazi. The sooner they completely sweep it under the rug to sooner they can end it. I guess they aren't intent on going after em for killing those 4 Americans.......reminds me of OJ and his promise to find who killed Nicole.

US official signals end to war against Al-Qaeda

Heaven forbid! Obama isn't committed to an indefinite war against a tactic! Say it ain't so!

From your link:

"...With the US military campaign against Al-Qaeda now entering its 12th year, "we must also ask ourselves: how will this conflict end?" Johnson said Thursday in remarks delivered at the Oxford Union in Britain..."

Too bad Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld et al didn't have enough sense to ask that question 11 years ago, ain't it?

You have a CIB and no blood on your hands? How did that happen?

Heaven forbid! Obama isn't committed to an indefinite war against a tactic! Say it ain't so!

From your link:

"...With the US military campaign against Al-Qaeda now entering its 12th year, "we must also ask ourselves: how will this conflict end?" Johnson said Thursday in remarks delivered at the Oxford Union in Britain..."

Too bad Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld et al didn't have enough sense to ask that question 11 years ago, ain't it?

They asked that question, and the answer just isn't what you'd like.

When a religion that contains extremists that teaches their followers to murder people of other faiths so they can dominate their societies doesn't exist then the war against Islamic terrorists will end.

Fighting evil is a battle that never ends. Radical Muslims know this. Their hope is that we will stop resisting.

Last edited:

You have a CIB and no blood on your hands? How did that happen?

To get a CIB you must hold the rank of Colonel and below and have personally fought in active ground combat while an assigned member of either an infantry or a Special Forces unit, of brigade size or smaller, any time after 6 December 1941. You don't have to register kills.

Guess you assumed I had to murder someone to get mine.

Last edited:

It's people like you that make this country look like willfully ignorant morons... AKA "bad".

Only if you are at odds with this country's success in the past.

It takes an anti-American mindset to feel the way you do. You want to bring this country down to their level and maybe a few notches below. That to you is good.

It is not bad to want the best for your nation.

I know you're hearing "blah blah blah" from me because to be a populist these days is to reject what this country stood for in the past. We didn't always meet those standards and you feel you have to right to be critical of us as a nation because we aren't perfect. Course some of us who have lived abroad know that there are worse alternatives, and that those alternatives are going to become a part of our lives pretty soon.

Last edited:

It's people like you that make this country look like willfully ignorant morons... AKA "bad".

It takes an anti-American mindset to feel the way you do. You want to bring this country down to their level and maybe a few notches below. That to you is good.

It is not bad to want the best for you nation.

I know you're hearing "blah blah blah" from me because to be a populist these days is to reject what this country stood for in the past. We didn't always meet those standards and you feel you have to right to be critical of us as a nation because we aren't perfect. Course some of us who have lived abroad know that there are worse alternatives, and that those alternatives are going to become a part of our lives pretty soon.

I won't even ask why you say such ignorant crap.

It is not bad to want the best for you nation.

I won't even ask why you say such ignorant crap.

Well you just did but you didn't put in the form of a question. But then again most of what you post is senseless anyway so why change.

The legacy of the Bush administration in the Middle East was an empowered and emboldened Iran. We basically handed them the keys to the region with our befuddled wallowing around in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Under this President, Iran has been forced to retreat and their tentacles to Hizbollah, Syria and Hamas have been damaged. At the same time, our relationship with Israel has been strengthened with joint intelligence and military co-operation at an all time closeness. Obama's deployment of sea-based missile defense systems, to replace the politically volatile land-based system Bush was determined to shove down the Russian's throat, makes the whole region and southern Europe more secure.

Instead of the Middle East being a failure under Obama, it's actually one of his more outstanding successes.

You're completely right on Iraq...a Shia government that has relations with Iran....not only that...but Maliki the leader is also suspected of funneling weapons to Assad. In the Arabic world this is the debate.

Bashar has been damaged and Iran has been hurt by sanctions badly, everything is better without violence.

The Middle East was misery under Bush....

But...this is where I disagree...I'm a democrat and you've gotta admit the Drone programs need to stop....there have been thousands killed in Pakistan and Afghanistan due to here strikes, also in Yemen....this makes people hate us even more, most killed are civilians regardless of the statistics the CIA publishes. Reporters on ground have numerously confirmed these strikes kill civilians most of the time.

Also the "double Tap" strikes on funerals and weddings, which is the same way the Taliban does is aggravating.

For these drone strikes I say Fuck Obama for them.

Btw, I'm a first hand Gazan, LOL....if anything Hamas has gotten stronger since 2008....Hezbollah is very strong....but once Bashar is gone the flow of weapons are gonna stop because Hezbollah is helping The Syrian President literally in fighting.

But where Old rocks made a point is this isn't our responsibility, Israel's actions only make them stronger. Palestinians in Syria refugee camps have more weapons then the Syrian Army itself, the ones in Lebanon are the same story.

Palestinians will continue to arm themselves, no one should get in our way for our independence, the weapons are just in case a regional war escalates.

So you're right and wrong on some points.

The war in Afghanistan is still a failure. Not on Obamas part, the whole war itself, America will never win these wars, it's time we quit meddling this far.

What kind of thought process was Bush going through when he got us embroiled in the middle east? What has it cost America and what benefits have we derived from all that money, casualties and lives we spent there? We will be paying for that mission-accomplished carrier landing for the next sixty years-or more.

What kind of thought process was Bush going through when he got us embroiled in the middle east? What has it cost America and what benefits have we derived from all that money, casualties and lives we spent there? We will be paying for that mission-accomplished carrier landing for the next sixty years-or more.

To be absolutely fair, the guy who decided to involve us in the whole "Hall Monitor in the Middle East" thing wasn't Bush-43. It was Nixon when he decided that he was going to change the outcome of the Yom Kippur War by intervening to save Israel when Sadat had it on the ropes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-evIyrrjTTY]This Land is Mine - YouTube[/ame]

To be absolutely fair, the guy who decided to involve us in the whole "Hall Monitor in the Middle East" thing wasn't Bush-43. It was Nixon when he decided that he was going to change the outcome of the Yom Kippur War by intervening to save Israel when Sadat had it on the ropes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-evIyrrjTTY]This Land is Mine - YouTube[/ame]

Well, since the Soviets were supplying Egypt and Syria it was just an opportunity to give the Ruskies a shit-sandwich.

However it's similar to Kuwait. Used to be when somebody fucked with out allies they were fucking with us.

Course one of the reasons Russia loves keeping shit going in the ME is because it keeps the price of oil up.

Last edited:
Something must be wrong with the Middle East, we make up these rules for them to follow and do they follow them? No they do not. So we send troops there to make them behave and they are rude to the troops and they still don't follow the rules. This has been going on since the Crusades and it proves what slow learners they are.

OR WE ARE,depending where you stand:confused:never mind things will look up for you.

one day:D

Forum List

Back