Uncomfortable FACT about Ferguson for conservatives...

Yeah I have no clue how the court system works. Its not like I have dealt with the courts for the past 7 years.

oh wait.

you do realize that 95% or so of people in the courts plead guilty because they *gasp* actually committed the crime they are accused of?

Empty statistics without any evidence. The Grand Jury in this case was a travesty of justice. But folks on the right are oblivious to anything government does wrong when it comes to arresting, prosecuting and incarcerating human beings.

I've seen the facts. The grand jury got it right. How them being correct is a travesty of justice when you don't like the results, I don't know.

Clearly you don't understand what the role of a Grand Jury is and isn't. Even far right wing Justice Scalia understands.

In the 1992 Supreme Court case of United States v. Williams, Justice Antonin Scalia explained that, "Neither in this country nor in England has the suspect under investigation by the grand jury ever been thought to have a right to testify or to have exculpatory evidence presented." The U.S. Constitution does not require prosecutors to present evidence favorable to the defense. It is the grand jury's role to decide whether there is enough evidence for a criminal charge.

McCulloch allowed the officer to testify for hours in front of the grand jury and never challenged Wilson’s account of his confrontation with Brown.

Ferguson Grand Jury Documents Reveal Missteps By Officer Darren Wilson Investigators Prosecutor

you do realize that there is a difference between a state grand jury and a federal one right? You realize they work under different jurisdictions and rules, right?

because it doesn't matter what justice scalia said about federal grand juries 20 years ago. It has absolutely no application whatsoever to the Missouri state grand jury today. Heck, it might not even have anything to do with federal grand juries today because rules and procedures change over time.

he is innocent. The facts bear that out. The grand jury made the correct decision. Please leave the law to people who understand it or actually learn how our system of government works.

Just because you wash the floors and plunge the toilets in the courthouse doesn't make you part of the justice system. You are talking out of your ass.

Prosecutor Used Grand Jury to Let Darren Wilson Walk - The Daily Beast

St. Louis County Prosecutor Bob McCulloch’s announcement of his failure to secure the indictment of Officer Darren Wilson in the Aug. 9 shooting death of unarmed teen Michael Brown has openly and shamelessly mocked our criminal justice system and laid bare the inequality that is emblematic of criminal jurisprudence in the United States. Monday night’s farcical performance during McCulloch’s press conference, at which he announced the grand jury’s “no true bill” decision, was a failed and poor attempt to convince the residents of Ferguson, St. Louis County, and the nation of the legitimacy and fairness of the grand jury process.

Let’s be candid and clear about grand juries in the United States: They are at all times completely and unalterably under the control and direction of the prosecutor. If the prosecutor wishes to secure an indictment, a “true bill” is inevitably returned. It is extraordinarily rare for a grand jury to override the prosecutor’s intention to obtain an indictment. In my 27 years as a police officer in Boston, I have never heard of a situation in which a prosecutor failed to secure an indictment when seeking such—plainly put: It doesn’t happen. That McCulloch failed to obtain an indictment of Wilson means only one thing: He did not want to obtain an indictment. It had nothing whatsoever to do with the evidence and everything to do with the prosecutor’s unwillingness to try the case in court and his reluctance to incur the wrath of the law-enforcement community to which he is so incestuously tethered.

McCulloch’s decision to allow the target of a grand jury investigation to actually testify before that grand jury is practically unheard of—in my 36 years as a practitioner and an academic working, studying, and teaching in the criminal-justice system, I have never heard of this rather novel legal maneuver being put into what many would consider a rather imprudent and questionable practice. Targets of grand jury investigations, like Wilson, are typically not even aware that they are under grand jury investigation, let alone invited to testify. Targets of grand jury investigations have no legal “right” to testify in these proceedings, so it is fair to question why the prosecutor in this rather notorious case thought that this was a good idea.

Further, that this case went to a grand jury at all in the first place was largely in deference to Wilson’s status as a police officer. The prosecutor has the option to bring charges against a defendant directly before a judge without invoking the grand jury process at all. This happens all the time; in fact if the outcome in this case had been the death of Wilson and not Brown, Brown would have no doubt been charged before a court the very next day, without the benefit of a months’ long grand jury investigation. Had Brown killed Wilson and not the other way around, Brown would have spent these past months languishing in jail awaiting trial, not collecting a paycheck and planning his wedding.

total horseshit. the grand jury system has been used in this country for hundreds of years.

Empty statistics without any evidence. The Grand Jury in this case was a travesty of justice. But folks on the right are oblivious to anything government does wrong when it comes to arresting, prosecuting and incarcerating human beings.

I've seen the facts. The grand jury got it right. How them being correct is a travesty of justice when you don't like the results, I don't know.

Clearly you don't understand what the role of a Grand Jury is and isn't. Even far right wing Justice Scalia understands.

In the 1992 Supreme Court case of United States v. Williams, Justice Antonin Scalia explained that, "Neither in this country nor in England has the suspect under investigation by the grand jury ever been thought to have a right to testify or to have exculpatory evidence presented." The U.S. Constitution does not require prosecutors to present evidence favorable to the defense. It is the grand jury's role to decide whether there is enough evidence for a criminal charge.

McCulloch allowed the officer to testify for hours in front of the grand jury and never challenged Wilson’s account of his confrontation with Brown.

Ferguson Grand Jury Documents Reveal Missteps By Officer Darren Wilson Investigators Prosecutor

you do realize that there is a difference between a state grand jury and a federal one right? You realize they work under different jurisdictions and rules, right?

because it doesn't matter what justice scalia said about federal grand juries 20 years ago. It has absolutely no application whatsoever to the Missouri state grand jury today. Heck, it might not even have anything to do with federal grand juries today because rules and procedures change over time.

he is innocent. The facts bear that out. The grand jury made the correct decision. Please leave the law to people who understand it or actually learn how our system of government works.

Just because you wash the floors and plunge the toilets in the courthouse doesn't make you part of the justice system. You are talking out of your ass.

St. Louis County Prosecutor Bob McCulloch’s announcement of his failure to secure the indictment of Officer Darren Wilson in the Aug. 9 shooting death of unarmed teen Michael Brown has openly and shamelessly mocked our criminal justice system and laid bare the inequality that is emblematic of criminal jurisprudence in the United States. Monday night’s farcical performance during McCulloch’s press conference, at which he announced the grand jury’s “no true bill” decision, was a failed and poor attempt to convince the residents of Ferguson, St. Louis County, and the nation of the legitimacy and fairness of the grand jury process.

Let’s be candid and clear about grand juries in the United States: They are at all times completely and unalterably under the control and direction of the prosecutor. If the prosecutor wishes to secure an indictment, a “true bill” is inevitably returned. It is extraordinarily rare for a grand jury to override the prosecutor’s intention to obtain an indictment. In my 27 years as a police officer in Boston, I have never heard of a situation in which a prosecutor failed to secure an indictment when seeking such—plainly put: It doesn’t happen. That McCulloch failed to obtain an indictment of Wilson means only one thing: He did not want to obtain an indictment. It had nothing whatsoever to do with the evidence and everything to do with the prosecutor’s unwillingness to try the case in court and his reluctance to incur the wrath of the law-enforcement community to which he is so incestuously tethered.

McCulloch’s decision to allow the target of a grand jury investigation to actually testify before that grand jury is practically unheard of—in my 36 years as a practitioner and an academic working, studying, and teaching in the criminal-justice system, I have never heard of this rather novel legal maneuver being put into what many would consider a rather imprudent and questionable practice. Targets of grand jury investigations, like Wilson, are typically not even aware that they are under grand jury investigation, let alone invited to testify. Targets of grand jury investigations have no legal “right” to testify in these proceedings, so it is fair to question why the prosecutor in this rather notorious case thought that this was a good idea.

Further, that this case went to a grand jury at all in the first place was largely in deference to Wilson’s status as a police officer. The prosecutor has the option to bring charges against a defendant directly before a judge without invoking the grand jury process at all. This happens all the time; in fact if the outcome in this case had been the death of Wilson and not Brown, Brown would have no doubt been charged before a court the very next day, without the benefit of a months’ long grand jury investigation. Had Brown killed Wilson and not the other way around, Brown would have spent these past months languishing in jail awaiting trial, not collecting a paycheck and planning his wedding.

total horseshit. the grand jury system has been used in this country for hundreds of years.

Try to keep up pea brain.

Even far right Justice Scalia knows this was a misuse of the Grand Jury...

"neither in this country nor in England has the suspect under investigation by the grand jury ever been thought to have a right to testify or to have exculpatory evidence presented"

"neither in this country nor in England has the suspect under investigation by the grand jury ever been thought to have a right to testify or to have exculpatory evidence presented"

How about a link ?

Was this a statement about the Furgeson case Grand Jury ?

So, you would prefer a long, expensive trial that would have resulted in the same verdict?

another OJ trial? the evidence was clear. the cop would never be found guilty of anything, but we could have had years of trials and years of burning and looting.

you libs are amazingly stupid.

Conservatives aren't the stick in the mud here. DNA evidence and forensics. Brown was an idiot and he would still be alive now if only he used common sense and wasn't such a cocky ghetto wanker. If only he had been a little more respectful and a little less in your face disrespectful.
Charge at armed men, get bullets in your head and body.
Seems like a simple concept but still manages to elude some people.
Charge at armed girlie boys, get bullets in your head. Charge at men, get your ass handed to you, have a life changing experience, count your blessings, then share a beer that night.

RKM, How is it that you and I have the exact same take on this situation?

A 6'4" 215lb pussy cop shoots a guy bigger than he is three times but can't figure out how to subdue the guy with three or more bullet holes in him without shooting him in the head twice.

Cop is a fucking pussy and should have never been hired for the job. And should go to jail for being a pussy.
The kid stole some cigars. The kid had a chip on his shoulder. The cop escalated the issue. Instead of saying hey to the kids, he tells them to get off his street. Instead of letting the curse word go, he calls in for backup but does not wait for it. Instead he backs up to "block" the teens from walking away, and in the process almost runs them over. The cop knew he had backup on the way but he was gonna be the man and take two black kids on by himself so the case of the missing cigars could be solved this day. Then he goes to get out and they push his door shut... twice. Then he reaches for his gun and tells them that he's gonna shoot them. Thus the big teen tries to stop the crazy white dude. Then when the crazy white dude starts shooting they scury off... but the crazy white dude doesn't stop he keeps shooting and shooting and shooting and now he's out of his car chasing them while still shooting... so the teen can't go home this crazy white dude will probably try to kill his family.... so he finally turns to defend himself since he had no choice. Seems pretty damn obvious what happened.

The Grand Jury failed to indict because there was no evidence of wrongdoing. It's really just as simple as that. The left wing nitwits and ignoramuses think this is somehow some white conspiracy, as if prosecutors under pressure to get indictments really want to throw the case due to their own racism.
The officer acted properly. Virtually everyone reviewing the evidence agrees.

Conservatives aren't the stick in the mud here. DNA evidence and forensics. Brown was an idiot and he would still be alive now if only he used common sense and wasn't such a cocky ghetto wanker. If only he had been a little more respectful and a little less in your face disrespectful.
Charge at armed girlie boys, get bullets in your head. Charge at men, get your ass handed to you, have a life changing experience, count your blessings, then share a beer that night.

A 6'4" 215lb pussy cop shoots a guy bigger than he is three times but can't figure out how to subdue the guy with three or more bullet holes in him without shooting him in the head twice.

Cop is a fucking pussy and should have never been hired for the job. And should go to jail for being a pussy.
The kid stole some cigars. The kid had a chip on his shoulder. The cop escalated the issue. Instead of saying hey to the kids, he tells them to get off his street. Instead of letting the curse word go, he calls in for backup but does not wait for it. Instead he backs up to "block" the teens from walking away, and in the process almost runs them over. The cop knew he had backup on the way but he was gonna be the man and take two black kids on by himself so the case of the missing cigars could be solved this day. Then he goes to get out and they push his door shut... twice. Then he reaches for his gun and tells them that he's gonna shoot them. Thus the big teen tries to stop the crazy white dude. Then when the crazy white dude starts shooting they scury off... but the crazy white dude doesn't stop he keeps shooting and shooting and shooting and now he's out of his car chasing them while still shooting... so the teen can't go home this crazy white dude will probably try to kill his family.... so he finally turns to defend himself since he had no choice. Seems pretty damn obvious what happened.
What case are you talking about? Because that isnt what happened in Ferguson.

libs make up "facts" to suit their racist agenda, no surprise there

Yeah dead people tell no tales...

If I had that big hulk Brown coming at me after seeing him manhandle some little old lady

Well, you get in Wilson's shoes

libs make up "facts" to suit their racist agenda, no surprise there
Who's the lib?

Yeah dead people tell no tales...
But black eyewitnesses do.
The forensic evidence contradicted what many black witnesses claim to have seen.

IN all you have demonstrated a complete ignorance of laws of self defense and police procedure. Why this is I can only speculate. But your distortions are noted.

again, federal grand juries and state grant juries have different rules and procedures. Scalia's discussion on federal grand juries is irrelevant to the grand jury process in the state of Missouri

Just so we get this fact clear going forward...

YOU folks on the right are supporting GOVERNMENT over individuals and over people.

However you want to twist it, that is an irrefutable FACT...

The history of mankind has been a struggle between those who want to increase freedom, opportunity and rights to all people and those who want to restrict them. The people who have always fought to increase freedom, opportunity and rights are liberals. The people who have fought to restrict them are conservatives.

police officers are people too..citizens hired by the people for the people..citizens who have a job to do and have been trained by our tax dollars to do it in the name of upholding the law and order of our communities...

setting aside any squabble over the facts of this one particular incident, there is no excuse blaming all racism or all abuse of power on any one incident, as if it justifies defying the law further and inciting destructive mayhem in our communities.

however YOU want to twist it, supporting mayhem against our community police forces, is supporting destruction of our communities...that is, communities of THE PEOPLE by THE PEOPLE for THE PEOPLE.

in the 'history of mankind' there is no greater legal system on earth which respects THE PEOPLE more.

...speaking of 'uncomfortable FACTS' ..agenda whores just hate that one!!!

Last edited:

How about a link ?

no it was an over 20 year old article on federal grand juries

My guess is that this was sarcasm.

How about a link ?

So does Bfliar have anything that truly links Scalia to this case ?

How about a link ?

So does Bfliar have anything that truly links Scalia to this case ?

nope. But he refuses to admit that

Remember in the past they accused Conservatives of not supporting teachers, police officers, fire men and women, etc etc

Now they are being accused of supporting them and Government

Liberalism is a mental disorder for sure. they twist any way the wind blows them. No honor or princibles

My guess is that this was sarcasm.
More particularly sarcasm from the perspective of the dead teen doped up on weed and angry as hell at the world.

Liberals, especially white liberals, are such unreal patronizing racist piece of shit pawns for their democrat masters who need divisions In races, genders and classes to gain and keep power.

Such fucking pathetic sheep.

The cop was fucking 100% innocent, just like we all said since August. The fat thug received instant karma and I personally do not give one shit. All I do know is it was proven the cop did his job and I wish there were more cops like him.

Hey, liberals! Fuck you!

Forum List

Back