Uncomfortable FACT about Ferguson for conservatives...

Oh my gosh didn't the ass kicking that the liberal left took last election enough for them to realize that their brand of hate no one wants? Will it take a kick in the groin to get through to them or are they just a lost cause that should be relegated to internet discussion boards for our entertainment?

Let's kick them all in the groin and find out.

Forty years of progressive policy have brought us to this point...but it's a police problem!
Just so we get this fact clear going forward...

YOU folks on the right are supporting GOVERNMENT over individuals and over people.

However you want to twist it, that is an irrefutable FACT...

The history of mankind has been a struggle between those who want to increase freedom, opportunity and rights to all people and those who want to restrict them. The people who have always fought to increase freedom, opportunity and rights are liberals. The people who have fought to restrict them are conservatives.
The population of Ferguson is 60% black. The police force is 94% white. That alone says a great deal. The people and the cops do not have a positive, healthy working relationship. It is really the responsibility of the police force to create a good environment, and they clearly have not done so.

"It is the responsibility of the police force to create a good environment, and they have clearly not done so."

Police are not responsible for creating "environments", Esmerelda...they are responsible for enforcing the law. When someone does what Michael Brown DID it's the responsibility of the police to enforce the law that protects that convenience store owner from strong arm robbery.

Let's be honest here...who's really responsible for the "environment" in Ferguson, Missouri? Is it the police force...or is it the citizens of Ferguson? This notion that "training" of the police to respond in a different manner is going to fix things is so laughably naive that I'm embarrassed for those who put it forward. Michael Brown is dead today because of choices that HE made...not because of choices the Ferguson Police made. HE woke up that morning and decided that he'd rob the local convenience store and bully the clerk. HE decided that after robbing that store he would walk down the center of the street and ignore a request from a police officer to get on the sidewalk. HE decided to reach into that police officer's car and assault the policeman.
You are entirely wrong. It is very definitely the responsibility of the police department to create and maintain a positive working environment in the community they SERVE. Their job is to SERVE, not to be enforcers. To SERVE AND PROTECT. That is their job.
The job of police is not to enforce the law?
What planet are you from?

She's from Planet "Down With The Struggle From a Safe Distance". It's easy to cheer on lawless primitives from your cozy home in another state, and it's easy to "fight for justice" to the last drop of BLACK blood when you yourself aren't black.

Conservatives aren't the stick in the mud here. DNA evidence and forensics. Brown was an idiot and he would still be alive now if only he used common sense and wasn't such a cocky ghetto wanker. If only he had been a little more respectful and a little less in your face disrespectful.

You see how they turn everything that happens in this country on conservative, tea party or Republican

they (lib/dem/commies) NEVER have any fault in anything because their high and mighty shit doesn't stink. Just like how they find nothing the fault of Obama. Even though the majority of the people could of given a crap less over this because they saw it was PLANNED and STAGED

Now you see who it is that is tearing this country apart folks and it's none of the ones I listed above

Conservatives aren't the stick in the mud here. DNA evidence and forensics. Brown was an idiot and he would still be alive now if only he used common sense and wasn't such a cocky ghetto wanker. If only he had been a little more respectful and a little less in your face disrespectful.
Charge at armed men, get bullets in your head and body.
Seems like a simple concept but still manages to elude some people.

Charge at armed girlie boys, get bullets in your head. Charge at men, get your ass handed to you, have a life changing experience, count your blessings, then share a beer that night.

Charge at armed girlie boys, get bullets in your head. Charge at men, get your ass handed to you, have a life changing experience, count your blessings, then share a beer that night.
You have some very strange ideas not based on reality.

Just so we get this fact clear going forward...

YOU folks on the right are supporting GOVERNMENT over individuals and over people.

However you want to twist it, that is an irrefutable FACT...

The history of mankind has been a struggle between those who want to increase freedom, opportunity and rights to all people and those who want to restrict them. The people who have always fought to increase freedom, opportunity and rights are liberals. The people who have fought to restrict them are conservatives.

You are defending the "freedom" to loot private property, assault the innocent and burn businesses to the ground? Really?

Bri, you say that as though you think leftists actually contemplate their bullshit before spewing it, instead of just "feeling".

Grazing fees on PUBLIC land. Land that he had as much right to be on as anyone else, since he's a US Citizen. I don't believe in fees to use PUBLIC land. Then again, outside of the original contraints of Washington, DC and US Military Posts I don't believe the US Government should own any land.

He only has a right to those lands IF HE PAYS THE GRAZING FEES. If he or you don't believe in charging fees to use public lands, you can go suck eggs. That is the law. You don't get to break the law just because you don't believe in it.

Perhaps he should have been an illegal immigrant. It's rather interesting when we choose to make "obeying the law" an important issue.

If he was an illegal immigrant, he would not have access to that land for grazing purposes.

The illegal immigrant has access to free education and a drivers license.

Whether or not that is true, it is irrelevant to the fact that grazing rights do not extend to illegal immigrants.

You are missing my point completely. Your stressing the issue of grazing fees on public land is - "the law. You don't get to break the law just because you don't believe in it."

My point is that we have Federal "immigration laws" that are being broken because there are those who "don't believe in it". Again, it's amazing which government laws we ... choose ... to enforce, and which Federal Laws we choose to ignore. Is my point starting to sink in yet? think about that next time you want to have a rant about breaking government laws and the need for enforcement.

Conservatives are always pro government when it comes to actions against minorities.

Then conservatives scream oppression when there is government action against whites.

Just ask Cliven Bundy.

Yes, it's DEFINITELY about oppressing those minorities. Couldn't POSSIBLY be about defending the rights of all those totally-unrelated-to-Michael-fucking-Brown-in-any-way law-abiding citizens who lost their property and livelihoods
The particular meme of "conservatives want to control you" should die a miserable horrible death. We've had a stream of control issues coming from the Left these last 6 years: what doctor you should see, what business you should or shouldn't be in, what kind of lightbulb you can use, what kind of health benefits you must offer, what size drink you can have, what information you must put on your restaurant's menu, etc etc. Conservatives have fought every one of these in the name of freedom. Liberals have supported every one of these in the name of "we know what's best for you."

And let's not forget "Keep your laws off my body . . . just as soon as you get done buying my birth control!"

Yeah cause no one has ever lived after charging anyone. Maybe the cop has erectile dysfunction.

Why is it, whites don't riot and burn down crap? There was JUSTICE in Ferguson, not what racist blacks wanted, so they a free pass and pick and choose and burn down whatever/whomever they like? Good lord I hate this stupidity...Why do blacks ALWAYS get a free pass and whites are analyzed to the cows come home? I am tired of this crap. Be honest. Why is that?

Given the high black crime rate, let alone the high black on black murders, IF Michael Brown had been some random Hispanic or Asian or White kid, the so called black "community" would have NOT cared less. Given the high black murder rate, I am still wondering what the fuss is about. I have seen how some black "witnesses" lie through their friggin teeth like idiots to make "race' a issue when it was either a coincidence or tangential, made me question the Ferguson witnesses with the "Hands up don't shoot" stuff. And the Grand Jury found that also to be the case. People LIE.

What does the poor black youth have to look up to as role models?
Rappers that used to be gang members, gangs and drug sellers.
It does not help when 72% are raised by a single parent and 39.8% are on welfare.

Neil Degrasse Tyson, Opra Winfried, Hank Aaron, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Muhammed Ali, Arthur Ashe, Charles Barkley, Wilt Chamberlain, Alethea Gibson, Reggie Jackson, Michael Jordan, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Sugar Ray Leonard, Alex Haley, Morgan Freeman, Gregory Hines, Lena Horne, James Earl Jones, Spike Lee, Eddie Murphy, Sidney Poitier, Will Smith, Denzel Washington, Ray Charles, Nat King Cole, Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, Aretha Franklin, Dizzy Gillespie, Robert Johnson, Diana Ross, Stevie Wonder.

Shall I continue?

He means someone the kid might actually rub elbows with on occasion.

Given the high black crime rate, let alone the high black on black murders, IF Michael Brown had been some random Hispanic or Asian or White kid, the so called black "community" would have NOT cared less. Given the high black murder rate, I am still wondering what the fuss is about. I have seen how some black "witnesses" lie through their friggin teeth like idiots to make "race' a issue when it was either a coincidence or tangential, made me question the Ferguson witnesses with the "Hands up don't shoot" stuff. And the Grand Jury found that also to be the case. People LIE.

What does the poor black youth have to look up to as role models?
Rappers that used to be gang members, gangs and drug sellers.
It does not help when 72% are raised by a single parent and 39.8% are on welfare.

Neil Degrasse Tyson, Opra Winfried, Hank Aaron, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Muhammed Ali, Arthur Ashe, Charles Barkley, Wilt Chamberlain, Alethea Gibson, Reggie Jackson, Michael Jordan, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Sugar Ray Leonard, Alex Haley, Morgan Freeman, Gregory Hines, Lena Horne, James Earl Jones, Spike Lee, Eddie Murphy, Sidney Poitier, Will Smith, Denzel Washington, Ray Charles, Nat King Cole, Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, Aretha Franklin, Dizzy Gillespie, Robert Johnson, Diana Ross, Stevie Wonder.

Shall I continue?

He means someone the kid might actually rub elbows with on occasion.

So you are capable of rreading his mind are you?

Yeah cause no one has ever lived after charging anyone. Maybe the cop has erectile dysfunction.
You have some weird ideas not particularly based on reality. I'd suggest quit watching movies for a while. A long while.

RKM, How is it that you and I have the exact same take on this situation?

A 6'4" 215lb pussy cop shoots a guy bigger than he is three times but can't figure out how to subdue the guy with three or more bullet holes in him without shooting him in the head twice.

Cop is a fucking pussy and should have never been hired for the job. And should go to jail for being a pussy.

A 6'4" 215lb pussy cop shoots a guy bigger than he is three times but can't figure out how to subdue the guy with three or more bullet holes in him without shooting him in the head twice.

Cop is a fucking pussy and should have never been hired for the job. And should go to jail for being a pussy.

Lord knows you'd never make it as one.

Lord knows you'd never make it as one.
Zeke learned fighting techniques and law enforcement procedures from watching Barney Miller reruns. When he was sober anyway.

the guy tried to kill the cop in his car, then charged him with intent to kill. The cop did what he had to do to save his life----------------case closed.

Yeah I have no clue how the court system works. Its not like I have dealt with the courts for the past 7 years.

oh wait.

you do realize that 95% or so of people in the courts plead guilty because they *gasp* actually committed the crime they are accused of?

Empty statistics without any evidence. The Grand Jury in this case was a travesty of justice. But folks on the right are oblivious to anything government does wrong when it comes to arresting, prosecuting and incarcerating human beings.

I've seen the facts. The grand jury got it right. How them being correct is a travesty of justice when you don't like the results, I don't know.

Clearly you don't understand what the role of a Grand Jury is and isn't. Even far right wing Justice Scalia understands.

In the 1992 Supreme Court case of United States v. Williams, Justice Antonin Scalia explained that, "Neither in this country nor in England has the suspect under investigation by the grand jury ever been thought to have a right to testify or to have exculpatory evidence presented." The U.S. Constitution does not require prosecutors to present evidence favorable to the defense. It is the grand jury's role to decide whether there is enough evidence for a criminal charge.

McCulloch allowed the officer to testify for hours in front of the grand jury and never challenged Wilson’s account of his confrontation with Brown.

Ferguson Grand Jury Documents Reveal Missteps By Officer Darren Wilson Investigators Prosecutor

you do realize that there is a difference between a state grand jury and a federal one right? You realize they work under different jurisdictions and rules, right?

because it doesn't matter what justice scalia said about federal grand juries 20 years ago. It has absolutely no application whatsoever to the Missouri state grand jury today. Heck, it might not even have anything to do with federal grand juries today because rules and procedures change over time.

he is innocent. The facts bear that out. The grand jury made the correct decision. Please leave the law to people who understand it or actually learn how our system of government works.

Just because you wash the floors and plunge the toilets in the courthouse doesn't make you part of the justice system. You are talking out of your ass.

Prosecutor Used Grand Jury to Let Darren Wilson Walk - The Daily Beast

St. Louis County Prosecutor Bob McCulloch’s announcement of his failure to secure the indictment of Officer Darren Wilson in the Aug. 9 shooting death of unarmed teen Michael Brown has openly and shamelessly mocked our criminal justice system and laid bare the inequality that is emblematic of criminal jurisprudence in the United States. Monday night’s farcical performance during McCulloch’s press conference, at which he announced the grand jury’s “no true bill” decision, was a failed and poor attempt to convince the residents of Ferguson, St. Louis County, and the nation of the legitimacy and fairness of the grand jury process.

Let’s be candid and clear about grand juries in the United States: They are at all times completely and unalterably under the control and direction of the prosecutor. If the prosecutor wishes to secure an indictment, a “true bill” is inevitably returned. It is extraordinarily rare for a grand jury to override the prosecutor’s intention to obtain an indictment. In my 27 years as a police officer in Boston, I have never heard of a situation in which a prosecutor failed to secure an indictment when seeking such—plainly put: It doesn’t happen. That McCulloch failed to obtain an indictment of Wilson means only one thing: He did not want to obtain an indictment. It had nothing whatsoever to do with the evidence and everything to do with the prosecutor’s unwillingness to try the case in court and his reluctance to incur the wrath of the law-enforcement community to which he is so incestuously tethered.

McCulloch’s decision to allow the target of a grand jury investigation to actually testify before that grand jury is practically unheard of—in my 36 years as a practitioner and an academic working, studying, and teaching in the criminal-justice system, I have never heard of this rather novel legal maneuver being put into what many would consider a rather imprudent and questionable practice. Targets of grand jury investigations, like Wilson, are typically not even aware that they are under grand jury investigation, let alone invited to testify. Targets of grand jury investigations have no legal “right” to testify in these proceedings, so it is fair to question why the prosecutor in this rather notorious case thought that this was a good idea.

Further, that this case went to a grand jury at all in the first place was largely in deference to Wilson’s status as a police officer. The prosecutor has the option to bring charges against a defendant directly before a judge without invoking the grand jury process at all. This happens all the time; in fact if the outcome in this case had been the death of Wilson and not Brown, Brown would have no doubt been charged before a court the very next day, without the benefit of a months’ long grand jury investigation. Had Brown killed Wilson and not the other way around, Brown would have spent these past months languishing in jail awaiting trial, not collecting a paycheck and planning his wedding.

Forum List

Back