U.S. To Hand Over Iraq Bases, Equipment Worth Billions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mustang, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Mustang

Mustang Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
    Ratings:
    +1,792
    Remember the days when we were told that Iraqi reconstruction would only cost the American taxpayers about a billion dollars and that Iraqi oil revenue would pay for the rest? Why didn't the contracts specify that Iraq would have to at least partially reimburse the US for construction costs if we turned the bases and equipment over to them.

We had two CEOs as president and VP? What a joke!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,996
    Republicans will blame this on Obama. In their unethical little world, a new president can just come in and undo everything the last president did. Wipe it away as if it didn't exist. But in this world, current presidents are bound by what previous presidents did. Whether it's ruining the economy or committing America's wealth to another country.

Look at the right zingers on this board. How many insist we "won" in Iraq? Ask them what we "won" and you are a lying fuckwit liberal. Why? Because you asked a question they can't answer. Well, they can answer it, but they are too ashamed.

Just like the economy, Afghanistan, the deficit, our failing infrastructure, jobs moved to China and all they other Republican mess and disasters, they will blame this too, on Obama.

3. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    Those bases will turn into shit holes once the Iraqis get their hands on them.

4. Mr Clean

Mr Clean Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,826
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

5. High_Gravity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    Those bases in Iraq are hard billeting, they have rooms with hot showers, recreation areas, good dining halls, basketball courts, swimming pools, etc all that will be turned to shit, wouldn't be surprised if the swimming pool becomes a make shift toilet.

6. Mr Clean

Mr Clean Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,826
    Emptied, those swimming pools can be used as convenient places to stone their women and then wash the blood and gore down afterwards.

7. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,176
    Actually, I dont remember that. I remember specifically being told that it would take a while and cost alot. Silly me.

8. High_Gravity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    Or to torture people, those huge swimming pools will make very tempting rest rooms for the Iraqis trust me, maybe a place for them to wash their feet, gear and shower. Don't ask me thats just how they do.

9. Mr Clean

Mr Clean Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,826
    They have a completely different set of values than we do. Many years ago I worked with a guy from Egypt, an engineer. One day we got to talking and I asked hime why he left to come here. He said" In my country, if you have the opportunity to take advantage of someone and you don't, then you're considered a fool and not worthy of respect."

Nice

10. High_Gravity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    Its just a different culture man, I really can't explain it. Their hygiene is very poor also, when I was in Kuwait I would see Kuwaitis take off their shoes and use water from drinking fountains to wash their dirty feet, from fucking drinking fountains, and Kuwait is a oil rich country and every house has running water and showers, no need for this kind of crude behavior but there it is. I should add of course not every Iraqi or Kuwaiti is this way but a good number are.