U.S. Fracking's Larger Implications

That's real nice H.
We were on our own, now we have the courts siding with us. The fracking and stealing is just that bad:

Hess plans challenge of ruling on leases
September 30, 2013

U.S. District Judge Algenon L. Marbley in Columbus ruled that a lease executed in 2007 on a 228-acre dairy farm in Jefferson County had effectively lapsed because there had been no wells drilled or gas produced, leaving the property owners free to negotiate with other companies should they so choose.

We are starting to be protected by the courts. Which means this landowner isn't on her own after she signs, after all. :)

Last edited:
Good thing you are a pretend scientist as opposed to a pretend mathematician. We are talking $50 +millions and millions. :lol:

Did 15 years as scientist, not much pretend about it. 10+ years as industry petroleum engineer. Hardly need your validation on my resume. If I want to know something about baking a cake involving squirrel meat, I'll be sure to ask you about that. Certainly you haven't demonstrated intrinsic or trained knowledge on any other topic than that your environment would have inflicted of all you without the skills or brains to flee Appalachia.

The Irish Ram said:
And I don't know why you think being knowledgeable about our business affairs can only occur after we sign, but it has turned out prudence and patience was the smart move to make.

I don't need to know anything about your business affairs. I know what you have told us, and what you have told us proves that H can call you names because he can stop the likes of you as easily as I can.

The Irish Ram said:
And because you keep saying that I said the local workers here aren't qualified, I am setting the record straight. "They can work or kick your butt under the table, and don't care which", is what I said about the more than capable workers here.

You said they can't get work on the rigs or in the boom caused by the drilling. I have explained why, from the perspective of someone who did EXACTLY what your friends and neighbors CAN'T. According to you.

The whore speaks.

Now Mr H. Just because she is the prototypical rube in the oil business, that doesn't make her a whore. More likely she has been brought low by her genetics, and what that means to others of her...ilk.

Andrew.jpg

That's pretty sick. Grow up.

I tell it like it is Rube. The main clue being your enthusiasm over the idea of having people hand you money without having to work for it. Not a seconds thought for what hard work means, or the value of the rewards gained from it beyond cash. That fits in perfect with what unions push, those getting their kids listed as disabled to get the government social security checks, those claiming workers comp three days after starting a new job, and fitting in in Appalachia.

It all tells a story, and can be spotted a mile away by those of us who grew up around those kinds of folks. Leopard can't change its spots Rube.

What's the matter, tired of getting your butt handed to you by Flac and Dave? :lol:

If someone offered you a boat load of money would you take it? And if you're the smart one here, why aren't they making you rich on the property that you invested in ??????

Was immaturity a must have for what you pretend to do? Because scientists who sit around all day looking for pics on the net aren't very useful and probably don't get paid much.

Go whine on flac's thread and give this one back to H. You loon. :funnyface:

What's the matter, tired of getting your butt handed to you by Flac and Dave? :lol:

If someone offered you a boat load of money would you take it? And if you're the smart one here, why aren't they making you rich on the property that you invested in ??????

Was immaturity a must have for what you pretend to do? Because scientists who sit around all day looking for pics on the net aren't very useful and probably don't get paid much.

Ma'am, you seem to me to be confused over contract law. I'd suggest you either seek legal counsel or refer yourself to mental health services.

Are you kidding? We have an ongoing experiment to try out, maybe they win, maybe I do, certainly only an ignoramus would assume anyone has won yet.

The Irish Ram said:
If someone offered you a boat load of money would you take it?

Hey, I'm just as happy winning the lottery as anyone else. But it is the likes of you, who act as though the act of winning the lottery improves you as a person, THAT is the giveaway.

The Irish Ram said:
And if you're the smart one here, why aren't they making you rich on the property that you invested in ??????

"They" can't make me rich, for the brain dead, and those with reading comprehension problems (or Appalachian folks), because I don't work for "them".

The investments I choose to make with the dollars I do earn from work are doing quite nicely thank you.

The Irish Ram said:
Was immaturity a must have for what you pretend to do?

I became mature when I was kicked out of the house at 18. And if I "pretended" to work, the folks I work for wouldn't find it any more acceptable than the oil industry does the ability of local labor in your area.

The Irish Ram said:
Because scientists who sit around all day looking for pics on the net aren't very useful and probably don't get paid much.

I am not a scientist any more. That was Career #2. I am currently in Career #3. As far as what petroleum engineers with 3 decades of experience might make? Yes, you are right, we are all poverty stricken.:cuckoo:

Ma'am, you seem to me to be confused over contract law. I'd suggest you either seek legal counsel or refer yourself to mental health services.

Ma'am. That's nicer.
We deal with contracts from various companies, depending on what resource they are after. We use specialized legal firms depending on what company it is.

The ones with the contract problems are the gas and oil companies. They think they can buy up old coal leases and frack under strip mining contracts. They are two completely different processes.
The courts feel the gas and oil companies need to seek the approval of the landowners and work with them to set the guidelines that the companies need to follow concerning the land they'd like to lease.
Up until now, it would be the same if you came home and found me with a metal detector and a saw, tearing up your living room floor to see if there's any gold under there, after I changed the locks so you couldn't stop me. What is ok about that?

You labeled me anti-fracking, and I'm not. Whether I owned resource rich land or not, I'm for anything that benefits this country.
But I don't get why you think that if Chesapeake or others locate gas or oil on property they don't own, it automatically should belong to them. Does your living room, or what's underneath it belong to me?

Last edited:

Ma'am. That's nicer.
We deal with contracts from various companies, depending on what resource they are after. We use specialized legal firms depending on what company it is.

The ones with the contract problems are the gas and oil companies. They think they can buy up old coal leases and frack under strip mining contracts. They are two completely different processes.
The courts feel the gas and oil companies need to seek the approval of the landowners and work with them to set the guidelines that the companies need to follow concerning the land they'd like to lease.
Up until now, it would be the same if you came home and found me with a metal detector and a saw, tearing up your living room floor to see if there's any gold under there, after I changed the locks so you couldn't stop me. What is ok about that?

You labeled me anti-fracking, and I'm not. Whether I owned resource rich land or not, I'm for anything that benefits this country.
But I don't get why you think that if Chesapeake or others locate gas or oil on property they don't own, it automatically should belong to them. Does your living room, or what's underneath it belong to me?

Then consult the coal leases, if that is your root issue. I do respectfully submit that you are a whiney little bitch.

Why? What part of strip mining covers fracking or it's implications? Then there is the inactivity clause, that the gas companies just choose to over look.

So would you object to me changing the locks on your property because I would rather own it than you? You wouldn't whine would you? It's what's best for the country..........

In my 36 years in this industry, I have never seen an unsolvable problem, no matter how complex.

You, on the other hand, are your biggest problem.

Take a nap and call me in the morning.

Sheesh!

What problem do you think I have, cause I seem to be doing very well.....
Being pro fracking and pro making money and pro owning gas and oil someone wants, is a very good position to be in.
You keep skipping over the issues that you don't want to address. Issues that won't be effecting me, as I didn't rush into signing up. I fully intend to lease my property, with better leverage, a more concise contract, and making it more than clear about what land they are leasing and more importantly, what land they aren't.
As for unsolvable problems, no matter how complex Chesapeake tries to make them, our courts are simplifying things for them.
Just what is it that I have done that you can find fault with?

Forum List

Back