U.S. Fracking's Larger Implications

Ah, I get it now. You're a sore loser.

Loser. :lol:

Oh, she is a little worse than that.

When they can't be honest, pretending they are directly involved in something when they aren't, it is just a whinefest. Picture already provided.

Last edited:
H, look at what that stupid **** said, You had better set him straight, too. Tell him there is no "Big oil and Gas", just itty bitty oil and gas. Stupid Texas Land Commissioner!

Thank you for validating exactly what H claimed, you don't even know who BIG OIL is. You might as well be bitching about the easter bunny not paying royalties for as little as you actually know on this topic.

Washington, DC – A new report released today, September 19th, provides an important window into a disturbing national pattern regarding the oversight of fracking-enabled oil and gas development: regulators, charged with protecting the public, are actively avoiding evidence that fracking is harming the public. The report focuses on Karnes County, TX in an attempt to illuminate a growing national pattern of absentee regulators.

Eagle Ford Shale Oilfield Nightmare

:eek:

What ignoramus would confuse a report out of Washington with a letter of an individual bitching, with probably as little knowledge or credibility as you, on a topic they know nothing about other than, man, those rigs might smoke and make noise sometimes!!

Shouldn't have signed the lease I guess. Same problem you pretended to have until you admitted it wasn't your problem because you haven't even signed the lease and have nothing to bitch about yourself.

It is a given than any company using fracking methods is responsible for any environmental mishaps they may cause. The should also be responsible for restoration of the land after their operation ceases.

Why people are against it is beyond me.

And this has affected you how?

Are you hard of reading? Big oil wants to lease my land. It affects me because:
The stakes have been raised.
The courts have turned in landowners' favor.
I have a lease sitting at my lawyer's.
I like making money while I'm sleeping.
I have a decision to make.
:) :) :) :)

Jax, that's one of the big problems we are having. You would think it would be a given but the opposite is true. It's the deplorable lack of responsibility, and the intentional reoccurring "mishaps" and the theft of royalty checks that we have issue with.
Otherwise, we're all for it.

Last edited:
And this has affected you how?

Are you hard of reading? Big oil wants to lease my land. It affects me because:
The stakes have been raised.

A potential is not "affecting" you...it only has the potential to affect you, and you have chosen to let it NOT affect you, therefore you don't get to bitch about it in advance of it happening.

TheIrishRam said:
The courts have turned in landowners' favor.

The courts aren't involved with you at all, because you haven't signed the lease. You don't even have the RIGHT to bitch yet.

The Irish ram said:
I have a lease sitting at my lawyer's.

Unsigned. Which means, it isn't a lease yet. Come on Irish, lets try and overcome your local educational system and, as H would say, "fucking moron" roots, and LEARN something here. Unless you are going to claim that piece of paper crawls out at night and pesters you at the house before making its way back to your lawyer's desk in the morning, it ISN'T DOING ANYTHING OR BOTHERING ANYBODY.

The Irish Ram said:
I like making money while I'm sleeping.

Who doesn't? But until you sign the contract, it makes it difficult. And you haven't signed the contract, so far you specialize in just whining about it.

The Irish Ram said:
I have a decision to make.
:) :) :) :)

But of course. And it is still IN THE FUTURE. Which means so far, NONE of this is affecting you. I would say wait longer. The longer the better.:eusa_whistle:

TheIrishRam said:
Jax, that's one of the big problems we are having. You would think it would be a given but the opposite is true. It's the deplorable lack of responsibility, and the intentional reoccurring "mishaps" and the theft of royalty checks that we have issue with.
Otherwise, we're all for it.

No one has stolen anything from you, you haven't signed the lease. But please consider carefully, wait a long time, let the lawyer ponder, you should consult everyone you know, get into month long conversations on the topic, tell your lawyer it could be years before you can make up your mind. Yes, that would be best...take as long as possible to make the RIGHT decision. Mr H., you just shut up now...:eusa_shhh:

Sure it affects me. $6,000 is better than $4,000 an acre, every time you renew your lease. And 17 1/2% is better than 12 1/2%, plus now I know where added contractual protection upon added contractual protection is necessary to thwart your boss' blatant, continual breaches of contract, and no, not in the future, it is what they are offering now. :clap:

Mr. H has no impact whatsoever in my decisions. He can pretend you can trust Big Gas and Oil all he wants. Leave Pops alone.

You're just pissed that I exercised patience and did my homework, and now your going to "make me wealthier." than you were previously hoping for. While I make your lying, cheating and dumping harder, Jethro.

I think now, while they're trying to tie up easements, permits, and loose ends, and most of the previous mineral right owners vs. current property ownership cases are winding down, and before your boss starts drilling and "gathers" my gas "accidentally", it just might be time to invite your "land man" to sit on my porch and enjoy a nice cold glass of tea. :) :) :) :)

Sure it affects me. $6,000 is better than $4,000 an acre, every time you renew your lease. And 17 1/2% is better than 12 1/2%, plus now I know where added contractual protection upon added contractual protection is necessary to thwart your boss' blatant, continual breaches of contract, and no, not in the future, it is what they are offering now. :clap:

You haven't signed a lease yet, so you don't have any $/acre, and certainly no royalties have been paid therefore none have been stolen, and because you haven't signed a lease there isn't any contract for anyone to break, you or them. So all you have been doing is bitching about problems which haven't happened yet, might not happen, and so far, have NOTHING to do with you.

TheIrishRam said:
You're just pissed that I exercised patience and did my homework, and now your going to "make me wealthier." than you were previously hoping for. While I make your lying, cheating and dumping harder, Jethro.

Holding out for more money isn't "doing your homework", it is exactly the kind of greed that landmen count on. Stop acting like a rube and maybe Mr H. and I wouldn't know EXACTLY what kind of character we are dealing with, just based on what you've written in this forum.

TheIrishRam said:
I think now, while they're trying to tie up easements, permits, and loose ends, and most of the previous mineral right owners vs. current property ownership cases are winding down, and before your boss starts drilling and "gathers" my gas "accidentally", it just might be time to invite your "land man" to sit on my porch and enjoy a nice cold glass of tea. :) :) :) :)

Do it. Landmen love it when the rubes think they have it figured out, at that point it is a given that they will sign, the amount doesn't matter much as long as it is inline with what others have received, and they'll even let the little unimportant things into the contract you THINK are of value.

And then you will sign......:banana2:

They would have loved it more, if I hadn't held out. :)
If amounts don't matter, you'd quit stealing all the royalty checks you owe the landowners, and hiding prolific wells, and saving a dime here and there by dumping toxic waste out of site somewhere.

We must know what's of value. It's what you want so badly. Unless you're just "making people wealthy" out of the goodness of your itty bitty gas and oil heart.

And it does stem from homework. We've discovered you're not trustworthy, I needed to know which areas you are the most untrustworthy.
We need to ensure we can evacuate our homes for greener pastures when you screw up the ones we have, and set aside a little lawyer money in the cookie jar, for when you try to capitalize on benefits you are not entitled to.

Considering your abysmal track record and lack of concern regarding it, we sign when you've agreed to an amount that will keep us unharmed should we be forced to move due to gas co. environmental issues.
You send us a three page joke, we respond with a 20 page lease. And you sign. Because we own what is of value to you. What you fail to appreciate is it's valuable to us too, and our children. :)

Knock Knock
Who's there?
Banana
Banana who?
Can we have your gas and oil? ;)

Last edited:

Mr. H has no impact whatsoever in my decisions. He can pretend you can trust Big Gas and Oil all he wants. Leave Pops alone.

Dude, you are so full of poo it's not funny. You are dealing with people who are really in the business, you CAN'T lie to them you idiot.

It's Dudette, and just what do you think I lied about? The theft of royalty checks? Intentional dumping? Hiding well profits from landowners? Court cases? What they are paying per acre? Their ridiculous leases?
What is it you think these good old boys know, that we haven't already already dealt with generation after generation? What do you know about this area, past and present? Are you "in the business" too on either end? Are you suggesting that big business never lies and the courts are all getting it wrong? Enlighten us as to your dealings with Chesapeake Gas and others.....................

If they are the business and we are the ones dealing with them, where does your expertise enter the picture?
Point out my lies and I'll see if there is any proof that you've condemned the wrong party.
Start with the gas company's hiding profits from landowners, and let's see if this is actually a real problem or if I made it up. :)

And props to H for pointing out the good to come from America relying on America, which I love. And bad on me for only concentrating on the problems we are seeing.

It's just we are a little more than skiddish. Our homes are sitting on the surface of "these" particular oil fields.
We want this to succeed. We are all pro fracking here, wave the flag and love mom's apple pie. We are happy we can help fuel this country and retain/regain our energy independent status.
But it's happiness wrapped in trepidation. 300 years ago my grandfather canoed down the creek in my yard. I'd like for my grandchildren to have that same opportunity. This land has supplemented our livelihoods for generations. Putting it in harm's way is a scary thing for us.

So, H is right, and if the gov. leaves it alone, this could be a win win for us all.
Love you H. Your side of the coin is the one I want to see turned up. :)
So let's get back on track:

Charitable Giving and The Dominion Foundation
Charitable giving and volunteerism are an integral part of Dominion’s commitment to the communities we serve. Principally through The Dominion Foundation, we contribute more than $20 million annually to non-profit organizations and schools in the states where we operate or the locations where we have significant facilities or business interests. Foundation grants are funded by shareholder dollars and are not borne by customers.
https://www.dom.com/about/community/charitable-giving-and-the-dominion-foundation.jsp

Last edited:
If amounts don't matter, you'd quit stealing all the royalty checks you owe the landowners, and hiding prolific wells, and saving a dime here and there by dumping toxic waste out of site somewhere.

I've never touched, interfered or kept a landowners royalty check in my life. Why don't you go tilt at an appropriate windmill?

And because you haven't signed an oil and gas lease, no one has withheld monies owed you either.

TheIrishRam said:
We must know what's of value. It's what you want so badly. Unless you're just "making people wealthy" out of the goodness of your itty bitty gas and oil heart.

It is business. The companies count on it being personal to you. But to them? It's business. The only thing we count on, is that landowners like you, they DON'T understand how we do it. Otherwise they wouldn't be shiftless, can't find a job in the oil field because they aren't smart enough, don't know what hard work is, and don't have the courage to stand up to the death and dismemberment which sometimes comes with the job.

TheIrishRam said:
What you fail to appreciate is it's valuable to us too, and our children. :)

Sure it is important to you. And your children. Obviously you've already shown that you and the children who stick around don't have what it takes to leave and take your part in the real world and can only sit there drooling over an income coming in you don't have to work for....hillbilly nirvana.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
I remember driving in a blizzard from Chicago, trying to get home to the Ohio Valley for Christmas break, and hearing from a New York station on the radio, that a gas explosion had taken place on a new building that a steel mill had built. How many causalities weren't known, just that there were causalities. I had 4 cousins, 2 uncles, 1 grandfather, my daddy and my only brother wiring that building. No phone calls could get through.
You don't know heart gripping terror like that, you dainty little butt wipe. The men killed that day weren't dismembered, they were pulverized between concrete floors.

My sweet grandmother lost her Daddy when she was 14. He was crushed to death when a crane lost it's load. We are acquainted with occupational hazards. Never stopped anyone from heading off to work. You don't seem to have what it takes though, opting for "conferring" with those who do put their lives on the line. Pansy, from Appalachia. You just like to run your mouth.

The "it's business", is what we protect ourselves from. And "it's business" fills our bank accounts. We know "how you do it". And we react accordingly.
When you willfully do it wrong, we take you to court and win. We cover all the bases with VGR.
That's how we do it. :)

The workers here get a full days labor in on the farm before your pansy rear end gets out of bed. They can work your butt or kick your butt under the table and don't care which. That's how they do business.

mmmm, BTR much? I have two children, both grads and both summa cum laude to boot. Don't live in the area, but are both extremely productive in their fields, being raised with a good work ethic. And they appreciate this area, for it's beauty and for being heirs to benefits their mama owns. They aren't as dumb as you either.

Speaking of income you don't have to work for, have you ever bought a lottery ticket, before you leave the liquor store JGR? Who do you think you'e kidding?
So give H back his thread, and get your whinny carcass to bed so you can get up and write me a check. :funnyface:

Last edited:
I remember driving in a blizzard from Chicago, trying to get home to the Ohio Valley for Christmas break, and hearing from a New York station on the radio, that a gas explosion had taken place on a new building that a steel mill had built. How many causalities weren't known, just that there were causalities. I had 4 cousins, 2 uncles, 1 grandfather, my daddy and my only brother wiring that building. No phone calls could get through.
You don't know heart gripping terror like that, you dainty little butt wipe. The men killed that day weren't dismembered, they were pulverized between concrete floors.

And the same thing can happen to men in the oil field EVERY DAMN DAY. Not when some building occasionally fails, but EVERY DAMN DAY. Poison gas, falling steel, natural gas and oil blowouts turning everything on the drill floor into bullets, burning to death as the rig burns (you ever been caught on an offshore rig while it was on fire? I HAVE), and all to make sure that dumbass consumers can motor around in luxury whining about how they smart they are, doing their best to slow down or stop the same development which allows them to live a privileged lifestyle. You know...the kind which allows them to drive back and forth between Chicago and the Ohio Valley over Xmas break.

TheIrishRam said:
We are acquainted with occupational hazards. Never stopped anyone from heading off to work. You don't seem to have what it takes though, opting for "conferring" with those who do put their lives on the line. Pansy, from Appalachia. You just like to run your mouth.

You are acquainted with OCCASIONAL hazards, there is quite a difference. And the proof is in the taste of the pudding, YOU are the one who complained that your people aren't good enough to be hired in the oil field, I have just explained WHY. This pansy from Appalachia escaped the area because he was capable of being hired in, surviving in, and profiting in the oil business. Unlike all those you claim can't even get hired.

Suggestion: Teach your folks to grow their brains rather than their desire to sit around on their asses hoping for a windfall or disability check.

The IrishRam said:
The "it's business", is what we protect ourselves from. And "it's business" fills our bank accounts. We know "how you do it". And we react accordingly.
When you willfully do it wrong, we take you to court and win. We cover all the bases with VGR.
That's how we do it. :)

YOU don't do anything. YOU haven't signed a lease, so any credit you want to claim, you are claiming for others. Any beefs you have, you have to pretend you understand the stories of others because YOU haven't signed a lease.

You haven't even been TESTED as a natural gas royalty owner because YOU haven't signed the lease, and while trumpeting the successes and failure of others isn't a natural Appalachian characteristic, it is one of braggarts and blowhards. How we do it...you don't get to be part of WE because YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED THE LEASE.

Let us know when you do. Rube.

TheIrishRam said:
The workers here get a full days labor in on the farm before your pansy rear end gets out of bed. They can work your butt or kick your butt under the table and don't care which. That's how they do business.

and yet aren't even capable of working a tower in the oil field....versus how many years of experience in this those of us smart enough to flee Appalachia have? Let us know when those farmers prove they are as worthy as you claim and start working towers on a rig, let alone qualify as drillers, let alone run the rig, let alone manage the rig for the oil company, let alone are in charge of the capital investment for a years drilling budget. Get back to us when you even find one worthy of STARTING this sequence, let alone those of us who have run the board already.

TheIrishRam said:
mmmm, BTR much? I have two children, both grads and both summa cum laude to boot.

Good for you. Local union run public schools? So there you compete against local children, which as we already know in Appalachia means they have just proven they are smarter than hamsters...by a little. So grads are smarter than hamsters, this is good!

If you are talking about college, well, that might be different. You see once I fled Appalachia to schools elsewhere I learned quick to not go back, your kids come back after college and work on the farm? And let me guess, summa cum laude in fields of value, or yet more union backed, politically protected and incompetent teachers, designed to build more rubes like you and your farmer friends?

TheIrishRam said:
So give H back his thread, and get your whinny carcass to bed so you can get up and write me a check. :funnyface:

Never wrote a check to a landowner in my life either. So tell me Irish, how many times did you have to repeat grades in school before you ever learned what the "slightly smarter than hamster" teachers actually told you?

Forum List

Back