Two trends that must be terrifying for the Democrat party.

They'd have voted against motherhood and apple pie if the black guy proposed it.... that's the problem when you have a racist party... even your own ideas suddenly suck when the black guy agrees with them.

Yeah, the "everybody that doesn't agree with me is racist" act again. Think what you will, but the Republicans had plenty of opportunities to offer Commie Care or something similar. Bush had the House and Senate if that's what Republicans really wanted. They didn't even think of it.

This failure is all the doing of the Democrats, and it doesn't matter what any right-wing organization said about it.

Yup, you live in mortal terror that a floor sweeper might make more than you do for driving a truck in a straight line... when neither job requires all that much skill.

Of course it doesn't, not nearly as much as writing resumes.

Luaghing animated .gif

And yet you can't figure out why American jobs don't pay better?

Because, again, the Rich have spent the last 40 years busting unions, outsourcing, creating right to work and using every recession as an excuse to fire people and make them take lower wages.

This has been explained to you multiple times, Fifty First Dates.

You just made a very true statement: the US cannot compete with foreign labor. Congratulations. Now you know why US jobs don't pay better. Now you know how unions chased many of them out of the country.
Meanwhile we have 3 to 6 million good technical jobs going begging because the GOP blocks cheap training programs. Must save the rich from paying their fair share...

They'd have voted against motherhood and apple pie if the black guy proposed it.... that's the problem when you have a racist party... even your own ideas suddenly suck when the black guy agrees with them.

Yeah, the "everybody that doesn't agree with me is racist" act again. Think what you will, but the Republicans had plenty of opportunities to offer Commie Care or something similar. Bush had the House and Senate if that's what Republicans really wanted. They didn't even think of it.

This failure is all the doing of the Democrats, and it doesn't matter what any right-wing organization said about it.

Yup, you live in mortal terror that a floor sweeper might make more than you do for driving a truck in a straight line... when neither job requires all that much skill.

View attachment 191939
With all its problems, mainly caused by sabotage by the GOP and crony insurers, a majority likes ACA. And it's slowly working. Sorry your boss fell 4 the GOP fear mongering...

Because, again, the Rich have spent the last 40 years busting unions, outsourcing, creating right to work and using every recession as an excuse to fire people and make them take lower wages.

You just made a very true statement: the US cannot compete with foreign labor. Congratulations. Now you know why US jobs don't pay better. Now you know how unions chased many of them out of the country.
Meanwhile we have 3 to 6 million good technical jobs going begging because the GOP blocks cheap training programs. Must save the rich from paying their fair share...

How are the GOP blocking training programs? Do they stand at the door of these institutions and stop people from going in?

How are the GOP blocking training programs? Do they stand at the door of these institutions and stop people from going in?
No they blocked federal aid and new programs...

As to health care....

To "lose" something means to have had it forcibly removed from you; that you put it down somewhere and forgot where. What President Trump has done is to allow people to decide for themselves whether they want to buy insurance or not. Of course liberals would consider it NO loss of freedom were government to mandate that everybody buy an electric car or pay a fine for not buying.

More true than ever that liberals want all decisions for all people made only by their party's limo-elite.

Has nothing to do with wages. Japanese and German workers make just as good of wages as Americans do. The problem is, Japanese and German workers are educated and produce quality products.

You know, before bailing and starting my own business, I worked in a lot of manufacturing operations.... you know what I almost never saw on those plant floors and assembly lines?

White guys. I mean, a few machinists, yeah, but they are a dying breed. Most of the people doing the assembly were female and foreign born.

NO, of course they didn't. They were perfectly happy letting the Insurance companies rape policy holders.

Well, clearly, the fact that you can't get a better job, it's a skill that you clearly don't have.

Has nothing to do with wages. Japanese and German workers make just as good of wages as Americans do. The problem is, Japanese and German workers are educated and produce quality products.

You know, before bailing and starting my own business, I worked in a lot of manufacturing operations.... you know what I almost never saw on those plant floors and assembly lines?

White guys. I mean, a few machinists, yeah, but they are a dying breed. Most of the people doing the assembly were female and foreign born.

So let me ask" How many German or Japanese products are imported to the US?

The consumer mindset is totally different in Europe than the US. I remember back in the early 80's, I was waiting in line at one of the newest discount stores (I forget the name now) and I took notice of an elderly gentleman shaking his head back and forth. He seen me look on and felt compelled to offer an explanation.

He said "I'm from Europe, but I come here because of my daughter, her husband and my grandchildren for Christmas. I'm in disbelief of all these people here! The products they sell are cheap, and yet, we are standing in line probably for another half hour.

I love America; my grandchildren are Americans, but Americans don't understand their demise. All these low priced products are going to come back and haunt you someday if the buyers don't change their priorities. You see in Europe, if you own a baseball, you make sure it's the best baseball money can buy. You are proud of your baseball even if you only own one. But here, baseballs are six for $1.50. They will fall apart in two weeks!" This doesn't happen in Europe!"

Oh, so you lied. They are not stopping anybody from getting training.

The GOP blocks so much good stuff because they Pander to the rich totally. Ay caramba......

The GOP blocks so much good stuff because they Pander to the rich totally. Ay caramba......

Then I must be rich because I'm enjoying my new money in my paycheck every other week. I must be rich because I won't have to pay Commie Care fines any longer. According to my tax preparer, I'm going to really feel rich with my much larger income tax refund next year. The tax cuts stimulated business which means I have more work to do, you know, work that creates money?

Our electors are supposed to represent the people. The people who put Republicans in power don't want our tax dollars being used for things that people can provide for themselves like getting a skill that will benefit them in the future. Everybody has the opportunity to get an education in a trade, but you simply have to pay for your education like anything else you want in life.

A skill????

again, says the loser in the dead end job who can't get a better one even though he claims there are thousands of jobs out there.

So let me ask" How many German or Japanese products are imported to the US?

Lots..

Here, let me help you out.

Foreign Trade - U.S. Trade with Germany

117 Billion in imports from Germany in 2017.

Foreign Trade - U.S. Trade with Japan

136 Billion in Imports from Japan in 2017

The consumer mindset is totally different in Europe than the US. I remember back in the early 80's, I was waiting in line at one of the newest discount stores (I forget the name now) and I took notice of an elderly gentleman shaking his head back and forth. He seen me look on and felt compelled to offer an explanation.

He said "I'm from Europe, but I come here because of my daughter, her husband and my grandchildren for Christmas. I'm in disbelief of all these people here! The products they sell are cheap, and yet, we are standing in line probably for another half hour.

I love America; my grandchildren are Americans, but Americans don't understand their demise. All these low priced products are going to come back and haunt you someday if the buyers don't change their priorities. You see in Europe, if you own a baseball, you make sure it's the best baseball money can buy. You are proud of your baseball even if you only own one. But here, baseballs are six for $1.50. They will fall apart in two weeks!" This doesn't happen in Europe!"

And you remember this conversation verbatim, but can't remember the name of the store?

upload_2018-5-6_6-15-26.jpeg

And you remember this conversation verbatim, but can't remember the name of the store?

Nope. It was a discount store that closed years ago. They were one of the first ones to open but faded quickly when others opened up. So the name escapes me, but the conversation didn't because the guy was very astute about our economy and society.

I also remember things I discussed with my neighbors when I was young, but for the life of me, could never remember any of their names either.

Lots..

Here, let me help you out.

Foreign Trade - U.S. Trade with Germany

117 Billion in imports from Germany in 2017.

Foreign Trade - U.S. Trade with Japan

136 Billion in Imports from Japan in 2017

So let me rephrase: Outside of automobiles, how much stuff do we get from those other countries? You won't find many German or Japanese products in Sears, K-Mart or Walmart.

again, says the loser in the dead end job who can't get a better one even though he claims there are thousands of jobs out there.

There are tens of thousands out there. Need some links? Oh, that's right, you don't read links. Links are proof you are wrong as always.

So what's stopping you from getting training?

For one, I like what I do for a living and shouldn't have to do anything different because the Communists had a ride for a couple of years. Two, training at my age wouldn't do me any good since I will likely be retiring in four years. Spending one or two of those years learning a new trade and then trying to get a job with no experience in whatever field would be a total waste of time and money.

Now if I wanted to switch careers 20 years ago, different subject.

Nope. It was a discount store that closed years ago. They were one of the first ones to open but faded quickly when others opened up. So the name escapes me, but the conversation didn't because the guy was very astute about our economy and society.

I also remember things I discussed with my neighbors when I was young, but for the life of me, could never remember any of their names either.

again

upload_2018-5-6_6-34-37.jpeg

So let me rephrase: Outside of automobiles, how much stuff do we get from those other countries? You won't find many German or Japanese products in Sears, K-Mart or Walmart.

Most german and Japanese cars are made here... so they are making a lot more than cars...

German and Japanese workers have stronger unions than we do, and make about the same amount of money... and yet they are competitive.

Hmmmm... imagine that.

Germany is part of the EU, which is the biggest free trade organization in the world.

There are tens of thousands out there. Need some links? Oh, that's right, you don't read links. Links are proof you are wrong as always.

oh, I'm sure that there are plenty of jobs... but you aren't looking for htem because you are enjoying your self-pity too much.

For one, I like what I do for a living and shouldn't have to do anything different because the Communists had a ride for a couple of years. Two, training at my age wouldn't do me any good since I will likely be retiring in four years. Spending one or two of those years learning a new trade and then trying to get a job with no experience in whatever field would be a total waste of time and money.

See, more excuses.

Hey, Trump has been in charge for a year, has your boss restored your health insurance yet?

Most german and Japanese cars are made here... so they are making a lot more than cars...

It doesn't discount the fact that most of their exports to the US are cars. With Germany, it's machines. But even still, Germany and Japan are our fourth or fifth trading partner and exporting less than one third of our top trading partners of China, Canada and Mexico. Mind you, it would take millions of Chinese yo-yo's to equal the price of one automobile or factory machine. So there are way less Japanese and German items as well.

German and Japanese workers have stronger unions than we do, and make about the same amount of money... and yet they are competitive.

Hmmmm... imagine that.

It's been a long time since I had a union discussion with somebody, so I forgot I had a union folder. While dated, here is what one article said about the differences between the UAW and Japan:

GM says the average UAW laborer makes $29.78 per hour, while Toyota says it pays about $30 per hour.

The difference is in benefits, with the unionized factories having far higher costs.

GM says its total hourly labor costs are now $69 including wages, pensions and health care for active workers, plus the pension and health care costs of more than 432,000 retirees and spouses. Toyota says its total costs are around $48. The Japanese automaker has far fewer retirees and its pension and health care benefits are not as rich as those paid to UAW workers.

GM Vs. Toyota Wages And Benefits

If you question the date or source, here is another one several years later that pretty much says the same thing:

What Explains GM's Problems With The UAW?

oh, I'm sure that there are plenty of jobs... but you aren't looking for htem because you are enjoying your self-pity too much.

I'm keeping my eyes open, but with massive restrictions, even somebody with my record and experience has few options. I've discussed this about 20 or 30 times, but felt the need to repeat it again given your OCD gives you an extreme memory disadvantage.

See, more excuses.

Hey, Trump has been in charge for a year, has your boss restored your health insurance yet?

No he hasn't. What does that have to do with Trump? He tried to get rid of Commie Care (which would have been a good start) but was stopped by the Democrats in the Senate.

It doesn't discount the fact that most of their exports to the US are cars. With Germany, it's machines. But even still, Germany and Japan are our fourth or fifth trading partner and exporting less than one third of our top trading partners of China, Canada and Mexico. Mind you, it would take millions of Chinese yo-yo's to equal the price of one automobile or factory machine. So there are way less Japanese and German items as well.

Okay, nobody wants to work at the yo-yo factory, bud, and yo-yos have been coming from China since I was a kid.

Canada and Mexico are our top trading partners because of their proximity... Canadians also live a pretty good lifestyle and have stronger unions. So the top five trading partners, three of them are countries that are kind of in the same boat as us..

Well, not the same boat, they have strong unions, socialized medicine and the rich pay their fair share in taxes... you know, stuff you claim will kill us if we ever did it.

t's been a long time since I had a union discussion with somebody, so I forgot I had a union folder. While dated, here is what one article said about the differences between the UAW and Japan:

Again, not wasting much time on this...

The lies about UAW benefits have been debunked many times. The comparison are between US Auto Workers in Detroit vs. the South, not Detroit vs. Japan. Yes, there are higher liabilities because we have more retirees we are supporting than they do, as most of their US Plants have only been operating for 30 years or so. On top of that, since they have state health care compared to employer health care, it's really apples and oranges.

I'm keeping my eyes open, but with massive restrictions, even somebody with my record and experience has few options. I've discussed this about 20 or 30 times, but felt the need to repeat it again given your OCD gives you an extreme memory disadvantage.

Again, guy, the real problem is you have a skill that can be taught in a week... And in 40 years, you've never bothered to get additional skills, and judging by how much time you spend here, I suspect you probably don't do all that much driving.

But it's all the government's fault you are a loser. Keep telling yourself that.

Forum List

Back