Tubman to replace Jackson on $20 bill

We need to relook all of our currency

Washington on the $1 and Lincoln on the $5 are no brainers

Jefferson on the $2 is an insult. The bill needs to be circulated or dropped
Hamilton on the $10 has reached its limit, time to put someone else on
Jackson on the $20, If they want Tubman for a few years, I don't mind. But a $20 today is the new $1 bill. We need to put someone more significant
Grant on the $50, lets replace him with someone more consequential
Ben Franklin on the $100...its all about the Benjamin's...keep it
Dump anything above a $100 bill

Who should go on?

Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, Ike, MLK
This is the guy that belongs on our currency:

ronald_reagan.jpg.cf.jpg

Only the 15% of adult Americans who have trouble with changing America are creating another issue to divide us.

And the south was uber conservative and generally has been in our history.

The South was in favor of individual liberty and freedom?

Jake, you're confused. I mean more so than usual

At one time Obama wanted to change the $5, 10, & 20.....but apparently somebody talked him out of it.
Really? Can you provide a link to that?

Didn't think so.

Here yah go....
Changes are being made to the back of those bills.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-harriet-tubman-20-bill-20160420-story.html
Change for a $20: Tubman to replace Jackson on new bills; Hamilton stays | Fox News

Woman to be on new $10 bill

So shove it..
You lying liar, there isn't anything in either of those two links even loosely stating, "Obama wanted to change the $5, 10, & 20.....but apparently somebody talked him out of it". As a matter of fact, his name isn't even mentioned in either of those two articles you linked to, you LYING LIAR.
You have once again identified just what the 'whistle is on the Board. He thinks the mint sat down with Obama. Crzy idjit.

At one time Obama wanted to change the $5, 10, & 20.....but apparently somebody talked him out of it.

Didn't think so.

Here yah go....
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-harriet-tubman-20-bill-20160420-story.html
Change for a $20: Tubman to replace Jackson on new bills; Hamilton stays | Fox News

So shove it..
You lying liar, there isn't anything in either of those two links even loosely stating, "Obama wanted to change the $5, 10, & 20.....but apparently somebody talked him out of it". As a matter of fact, his name isn't even mentioned in either of those two articles you linked to, you LYING LIAR.
You have once agin identified just what the 'whistle is on the Board.
He's really talking about your dumb ass.

Didn't think so.

Here yah go....

So shove it..
How horrible for you.....I guess you won't be using that money anymore when it comes out since it traumatizes you so.
Everyone will still use it. It will just be decorated.

OK Cool. Now we should have michal jackson on the $1 bill with him hold his crotch. Uncle Ben can be on the $5. We should be fair and let a member of the KKK be on the $10. We got to treat everyone equally. That includes famous members of the KKK because everyone in this country should be treated fairly.

We need to relook all of our currency

Washington on the $1 and Lincoln on the $5 are no brainers

Jefferson on the $2 is an insult. The bill needs to be circulated or dropped
Hamilton on the $10 has reached its limit, time to put someone else on
Jackson on the $20, If they want Tubman for a few years, I don't mind. But a $20 today is the new $1 bill. We need to put someone more significant
Grant on the $50, lets replace him with someone more consequential
Ben Franklin on the $100...its all about the Benjamin's...keep it
Dump anything above a $100 bill

Who should go on?

Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, Ike, MLK
This is the guy that belongs on our currency:

ronald_reagan.jpg.cf.jpg

I'd like to see Reagan honored

If not on currency on a coin

tubman_size3.jpg

Imagine having this face on the $20 bill.

Well, that's what's gonna happen.

If this isn't a "Fuck You Whitey" statement from Obama, I don't know what is.

I swear, Big-Ears seems to want to spend the rest of his presidency pissing everyone off.

And they say Trump is an asshole.

I understand that people want to celebrate slavery in this country and this woman's contributions to end it, but for Christ Sakes....give us a friggen break!!!!

They have an entire month to talk about slavery, now they want to, in all respects, plaster slavery all over our money, forcing us to deal with it every time we go to the store.

I think this bill will be a limited edition.....because once they start showing up in banks, people are going to be pissed, and it will be changed back. My wife is black and she hates the idea. Imagine if the GOP decided to put a picture of Sarah Palin on the $20. You'd get the same reaction.

We'll see how this plays out.
What do you mean "this"? Talk about dehumanizing. Right wingernuts are such fuckers.
Yeah....just look at that face.....you people.....who you calling black.....

Speaking of racist.....1."I ain't no ways tired....".2. "I keep hot sauce in my purse.....3. "Obama would be serving me my coffee".....4. "Obama The Magic Negro!" 5. "It's CP Time!"

Name the Republican who coined the phrases above.......

.....you can't because all of the above was uttered by 1.Hillary, 2. Hillary, 3. Bill Clinton, and 4. Al Sharpton & 5. Hillary....Democrats.

When did Hillary say "I ain't no ways tired"?

That is not her quote

Is it too late to petition jew Lew to have the great Marcus Garvey on the $20? As y'all recall Marcus was the great afro-american negro hero who wanted to bring all afro-american negros back to Africa where they would not suffer the oppression of whitey. The fact is the aunt jemima character they have chosen brought afro-american negros into the shackles of whitey of the North who put them in ghettos owned by jewish landlords.

800px-Marcus_Garvey_1924-08-05.jpg

tubman_size3.jpg

Imagine having this face on the $20 bill.

Well, that's what's gonna happen.

If this isn't a "Fuck You Whitey" statement from Obama, I don't know what is.

I swear, Big-Ears seems to want to spend the rest of his presidency pissing everyone off.

And they say Trump is an asshole.

I understand that people want to celebrate slavery in this country and this woman's contributions to end it, but for Christ Sakes....give us a friggen break!!!!

They have an entire month to talk about slavery, now they want to, in all respects, plaster slavery all over our money, forcing us to deal with it every time we go to the store.

I think this bill will be a limited edition.....because once they start showing up in banks, people are going to be pissed, and it will be changed back. My wife is black and she hates the idea. Imagine if the GOP decided to put a picture of Sarah Palin on the $20. You'd get the same reaction.

We'll see how this plays out.

:0) The question is .. who is "us."

If you mean neanderthal right-wing republicans like you :0) who the fuck cares if you don't like it.

You don't represent the majority, but rather a rapidly dwindling all-white political party on its way to becoming the Whigs. :0)

Who the fuck cares?

In all seriousness, what would have been cool since they are treating it as a postage stamp in terms of history, is to have musicians Charlie Parker or Robert Johnson on there. That would help blacks get inspired to learn about music.

Harriet Tubman (born Araminta Ross; c. 1822[1] – March 10, 1913) was an African-American abolitionist, humanitarian, and a Union spy during the American Civil War. Born into slavery, Tubman escaped and subsequently made some thirteen missions to rescue approximately seventy enslaved families and friends,[2] using the network of antislavery activists and safe houses known as the Underground Railroad. She later helped abolitionist John Brown recruit men for his raid on Harpers Ferry, and in the post-war era was an active participant in the struggle for women's suffrage.

Born a slave in Dorchester County, Maryland, Tubman was beaten and whipped by her various masters as a child. Early in life, she suffered a traumatic head wound when an irate slave owner threw a heavy metal weight intending to hit another slave and hit her instead. The injury caused dizziness, pain, and spells of hypersomnia, which occurred throughout her life. She was a devout Christian and experienced strange visions and vivid dreams, which she ascribed to premonitions from God.

In 1849, Tubman escaped to Philadelphia, then immediately returned to Maryland to rescue her family. Slowly, one group at a time, she brought relatives with her out of the state, and eventually guided dozens of other slaves to freedom. Traveling by night and in extreme secrecy, Tubman (or "Moses", as she was called) "never lost a passenger". Her actions made slave owners anxious and angry, and they posted rewards for her capture. After the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850 was passed, she helped guide fugitives farther north into Canada, and helped newly freed slaves find work.

When the Civil War began, Tubman worked for the Union Army, first as a cook and nurse, and then as an armed scout and spy. The first woman to lead an armed expedition in the war, she guided the raid at Combahee Ferry, which liberated more than seven hundred slaves. After the war, she retired to the family home on property she had purchased in 1859 in Auburn, New York, where she cared for her aging parents. She was active in the women's suffrage movement until illness overtook her and she had to be admitted to a home for elderly African-Americans that she had helped to establish years earlier. After she died in 1913, she became an icon of American courage and freedom. On April 20, 2016, it was announced by the Treasury Department that Tubman would replace the portrait of Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill by an undetermined date.[3]

Harriet Tubman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back