Trumps speech made me aware of the Constitution of the U.S being 230 years old

What did the Civil War have to do with a peaceful transition of power?

That occurred in 1860, when Lincoln was elected, without armed conflict and ended when Lincoln assumed office in 1861. The war did not start until over a month after Lincoln was already in office.
A whole month... not a very peaceful transition, if you ask me. Yes, the inauguration itself came off smoothly. But those were some rough waters.

It still doesn't require an exception like you tried to apply. It was a peaceful transition of power. The Constitution was upheld.
Until it wasn't, very shortly thereafter. And we don't have to guess that it was because Lincoln was elected. They said so.

Why don't you just give up and admit your claim was wrong? It was a poor attempt to disguise your lack of historical knowledge.
Says you...that was not a very peaceful transition of power. You know, considering about half the nation left the Union on a war footing because of it. what an odd argument you are pursuing... do I sense a Confederate Apologist hiding in there?

No. That statement is just as ignorant as all of the others you have made,

The odd argument I am pursuing was brought about by your attempt to carve out the Civil War as an exception to rule by the Constitution. There was a peaceful transition of power exactly as prescribed by the Constitution.

If you can't see that, perhaps you should seek recompense from your educational institution.

A whole month... not a very peaceful transition, if you ask me. Yes, the inauguration itself came off smoothly. But those were some rough waters.

It still doesn't require an exception like you tried to apply. It was a peaceful transition of power. The Constitution was upheld.
Until it wasn't, very shortly thereafter. And we don't have to guess that it was because Lincoln was elected. They said so.

Why don't you just give up and admit your claim was wrong? It was a poor attempt to disguise your lack of historical knowledge.
Says you...that was not a very peaceful transition of power. You know, considering about half the nation left the Union on a war footing because of it. what an odd argument you are pursuing... do I sense a Confederate Apologist hiding in there?

The odd argument I am pursuing was brought about by your attempt to carve out the Civil War as an exception to rule by the Constitution. There was a peaceful transition of power exactly as prescribed by the Constitution.

If you can't see that, perhaps you should seek recompense from your educational institution.
"your attempt to carve out the Civil War as an exception to rule by the Constitution."

Then you have been pissing in the wind this entire time, because I carved it out only as an exception to peaceful transfer of power we have otherwise enjoyed. we don't seem to disagree on any of the facts, here.

"your attempt to carve out the Civil War as an exception to rule by the Constitution."

Then you have been pissing in the wind this entire time, because I carved it out only as an exception to peaceful transfer of power we have otherwise enjoyed. we don't seem to disagree on any of the facts, here.

That is exactly the point where I disagree! You should seek reading comprehension remediation if that escaped you.

Forum List

Back