Toys R us files 2nd largest retail bankruptcy in US history

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Toys ‘R’ Us Files 2nd Largest Retail Bankruptcy In US History

Toys “R” Us Inc., the largest US “brick and mortar” toys retailer, filed for bankruptcy late on Monday night, as a result of a crushing post-LBO debt load and relentless competition from warehouse and online retailers – the “latest blow to a retail industry reeling from store closures, sluggish mall traffic and the gravitational pull of Amazon.com,” according to Bloomberg.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sheep won't ever admit it but these companies that kissed the asses of gays, tranny's , putting down the bible, or push what American's in the higher number don't want but they do it anyway . People can fk these companies by not shopping there. This plays a big part in these stores shutting down on top of an economy Obama has totally screwed on purpose and those before him.

I don't even remember the last time I walked into a Toys R Us building.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Of course, the closest one being an hour away from me has never helped.

I've honestly never really been impressed with our Toys-R-Us up here, they never had anything our kids wanted. It was mostly junk, the idiots in management never ordered enough of the latest electronic gadgets and games, they never had the big ticket items, they never had the technological toys (drones, robot pets, etc.)

I can't say I'm surprised because our store completely ignored the desires of the public they served. Downside of box stores with cashiers who are auto promoted to manager by seniority (or other "surface features") rather than by their skill. ~shrug~

Some one please tell me how the hell did this happen even with the internet? Does 3 year olds know how to order online now a days?

Toys R US was never the same since they changed their name from bargain town

Online shopping is killing brick and mortar.

There is some truth to that, but on the other hand, I'd say that the brick and mortar that are failing aren't listening to their customers either...

I mean when I go over to Fred Meyers (since Safeway bought out and "reformatted" Carrs when Mr. Carr retired) I tell them "I want X" - they actually start stocking X for me. That's why Fred Meyers is so popular up here in Alaska (and apparently no one in the lower 48 knows what they are, same with Carrs before they were bought out.) It's all about serving your customers because there are a ton of things I would /much/ rather buy in person because I want to 'touch' it, or because shipping is ridiculous; TVs, furniture, speakers, clothing, shoes, linens [color matching & texture], food, etc. The box stores just need to understand that each market is unique and adapt to that situation rather than trying to do "one size fits all" and they'll survive Amazon. I think the only thing that idea doesn't apply as heavily to is like fast food, and even they make attempts at local market "customization" (like we have Denali burgers [basically a triple paddy Big Mac] as an example.)

Some one please tell me how the hell did this happen even with the internet? Does 3 year olds know how to order online now a days?

Toys R US was never the same since they changed their name from bargain town

I think the answer to that question is yes heh

Sheep won't ever admit it but these companies that kissed the asses of gays, tranny's , putting down the bible, or push what American's in the higher number don't want but they do it anyway . People can fk these companies by not shopping there. This plays a big part in these stores shutting down on top of an economy Obama has totally screwed on purpose and those before him.

Paranoid wackos will never admit it, but maybe it has something to do with this thing called Amazon and online retail......

Nah... that couldn't be it.

Paranoid wackos will never admit it, but maybe it has something to do with this thing called Amazon and online retail......

I think libtards are to afraid to take their kids to toy stores , or the toy ailse now a days ...they can't say No.

Last edited:
I've honestly never really been impressed with our Toys-R-Us up here, they never had anything our kids wanted. It was mostly junk, the idiots in management never ordered enough of the latest electronic gadgets and games, they never had the big ticket items, they never had the technological toys (drones, robot pets, etc.)

I can't say I'm surprised because our store completely ignored the desires of the public they served. Downside of box stores with cashiers who are auto promoted to manager by seniority (or other "surface features") rather than by their skill. ~shrug~

That's really too bad. I couldn't disagree more. I used to travel forty minutes to the nearest one to get a good selection for my son.

I really hated those types of toys, they just aren't good for childhood devlopement, they stunt mental growth and imagination. Every study says that you need to keep electronic toys away from kids as long as possible.

Toys-R-Us always had a great selection of Thomas the Train, the classic wooden stuff that is timeless, not that cheap shit they sell at Walmart and Target. Likewise, Toys-R-Us had the best selection of a toy called Play Mobile which really is made so very well, it dates back to the 60's and 70's, it competes with Playskool, but is a bit more stylish.

And on top of that, they always had the best Lego selection around. You could actually look at the boxes, examine the kits, and get it now when you needed it. Not everyone feels secure shopping on-line. They had the best selection, bar none, of Lego's. Always beat Walmart, Target, K-mart, and Meijer.

Up until my kid was ten, eleven? I didn't care what he wanted, he got what he was given. :badgrin: Maybe a toy or two that they want. Remember, kids' development is influenced by what you give them.

That's really too bad. I couldn't disagree more. I used to travel forty minutes to the nearest one to get a good selection for my son.

I really hated those types of toys, they just aren't good for childhood devlopement, they stunt mental growth and imagination. Every study says that you need to keep electronic toys away from kids as long as possible.

Toys-R-Us always had a great selection of Thomas the Train, the classic wooden stuff that is timeless, not that cheap shit they sell at Walmart and Target. Likewise, Toys-R-Us had the best selection of a toy called Play Mobile which really is made so very well, it dates back to the 60's and 70's, it competes with Playskool, but is a bit more stylish.

And on top of that, they always had the best Lego selection around. You could actually look at the boxes, examine the kits, and get it now when you needed it. Not everyone feels secure shopping on-line. They had the best selection, bar none, of Lego's. Always beat Walmart, Target, K-mart, and Meijer.

Up until my kid was ten, eleven? I didn't care what he wanted, he got what he was given. :badgrin: Maybe a toy or two that they want. Remember, kids' development is influenced by what you give them.

Yep and my children grew up just fine with all the electronic gadgets and computers. The eldest three are making $25+/h and the youngest is in college to be a corporate accountant. All of us still play video & computer games together as much as possible with their busy careers and personal life obligations.

Oh that is a good point too. Amazon is doing just about everything in.

Well that's one thing I will never do buy anything online...if I can't use it the second I buy it, forget it.

Well that's one thing I will never do buy anything online...if I can't use it the second I buy it, forget it.

And what's with these VHS tapes? Give me a reel to reel projector and a white wall, I say.

Forum List

Back