Trump to allow imports of African elephant trophies

Na, Animals were put on this earth for people, to do with as seen fit. And they are just animals. Go back to your safe space snowflake

Of course you're free to believe what you want. I was merely asking for you to back yourself up… According to who?

trump-sons.jpg

Of course he is. Clearly, we can see why.
What's next? Whaling?

ANY sign since the Garden that God has any problem with us eating animals, or exploiting them for labor and animal products?

From a Christian perspective, God owns the animals and everything on this earth. God created the animals, and loves all of His creation. Since God is a God of love and mercy, how do you think he feels about his creation being abused, neglected, tortured, and slaughtered in the most cruel ways, simply so people can satisfy their tastebuds? (I'm talking mainly about that factory farms here, but also other animal industries.)

ANY sign since the Garden that God has any problem with us eating animals, or exploiting them for labor and animal products?

From a Christian perspective, God owns the animals and everything on this earth. God created the animals, and loves all of His creation. Since God is a God of love and mercy, how do you think he feels about his creation being abused, neglected, tortured, and slaughtered in the most cruel ways, simply so people can satisfy their taste buds? (I'm talking mainly about that factory farms here, but also other animal industries.)
...A]

We were talking about people who hunt animals, or eat them, or use them for labor and/or animal products, and I think he would be fine with that.

Sure, actual ABUSE, not so much.

We were talking about people who hunt animals, or eat them, or use them for labor and/or animal products, and I think he would be fine with that.

Well, I think there's a difference between hunting for necessity, and doing it for the fun of it or for a love of killing. Based on numerous commands in the bible to be merciful, loving, gentle, and selfless… I think it's safe to say that God is not happy with people unnecessarily harming animals.

That said, I think many people who eat meat and purchase animal products are simply unaware of what goes on before it gets to them. I think that if they actually did know, a lot more people would change their habits. God knows our hearts and our intentions… So it really comes down to being responsible for what we do know, imo.

Well, I think there's a difference between hunting for necessity, and doing it for the fun of it or for a love of killing. Based on numerous commands in the bible to be merciful, loving, gentle, and selfless… I think it's safe to say that God is not happy with people unnecessarily harming animals.

The people I know who hunt, love the outdoors, they love the hunt, hell, they love the animals, in their own way.

That you include, "or for a love of killing" shows that you don't understand hunting at all.

From a Christian perspective, God owns the animals and everything on this earth. God created the animals, and loves all of His creation. Since God is a God of love and mercy, how do you think he feels about his creation being abused, neglected, tortured, and slaughtered in the most cruel ways, simply so people can satisfy their tastebuds? (I'm talking mainly about that factory farms here, but also other animal industries.)

Animals are in no way on the same plane as people in God’s eyes… People learn that in grade school.

That said, I think many people who eat meat and purchase animal products are simply unaware of what goes on before it gets to them. I think that if they actually did know, a lot more people would change their habits. God knows our hearts and our intentions… So it really comes down to being responsible for what we do know, imo.
You let emotions rule your thinking, There is no credibility in that. Trophy hunting is the best thing there is for wildlife management. No two ways about it

The people I know who hunt, love the outdoors, they love the hunt, hell, they love the animals, in their own way.

That you include, "or for a love of killing" shows that you don't understand hunting at all.

Right, it's like a sport to them. That's what I meant when I said "for the fun of it." Again, in my opinion there's a difference between killing animals out of necessity, and doing it for more frivolous reasons.

Right, it's like a sport to them. That's what I meant when I said "for the fun of it." Again, in my opinion there's a difference between killing animals out of necessity, and doing it for more frivolous reasons.
Trophy hunting is all about wildlife management, it brings out the very best genetics in the game species and it culls the undesirable animals.
You don’t like it you don’t have to participate, it’s really none of your business.

That's your opinion. I'm sure that there are people who consider aspects of your life "frivolous" and think less of you because of it.

Trophy hunting is all about wildlife management, it brings out the very best genetics in the game species and it culls the undesirable animals.
You don’t like it you don’t have to participate, it’s really none of your business.

I haven't been talking only about trophy hunting. I was speaking in general in my last few posts. That said, I completely disagree that the best way to take care of wild animals is to hunt and kill them for the fun of it and put them up on a wall. But honestly, I really don't feel like arguing about this with you. The only reason I posted in the first place was to ask you what you were basing your opinion on about why animals were put on this earth, because it isn't biblical.

I haven't been talking only about trophy hunting. I was speaking in general in my last few posts. That said, I completely disagree that the best way to take care of wild animals is to hunt and kill them for the fun of it and put them up on a wall. But honestly, I really don't feel like arguing about this with you. The only reason I posted in the first place was to ask you what you were basing your opinion on about why animals were put on this earth, because it isn't biblical.

You keep dismissing people's love of a sport as "for the fun of it" as though that is a little and unimportant thing.

What do you consider a worthy past time?

Forum List

Back