Are Cheerios and Quaker Oats save to eat?

1708179420984.png

~S~

Keep your glucose levels down and blood pressure in check for a longer, healthier life.

The dame people who rightfully question vaccines for some reason don't care what the big food industry puts in our food because we'll they can't explain why. We need to take on these corporations, not make their practices easier. Unleash 10 000 Erin brokovichs.

The dame people who rightfully question vaccines for some reason don't care what the big food industry puts in our food because we'll they can't explain why. We need to take on these corporations, not make their practices easier. Unleash 10 000 Erin brokovichs.
Most processed foods are loaded with preservatives.

That’s what some people may be asking in light of a study released this week by the Environmental Working Group, a Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit focused on agricultural and chemical-safety laws in the U.S. The study looked at the prevalence of a pesticide called chlormequat in oat-based food products, including cereals like Cheerios and Quaker Oats.

The EWG said it found detectable levels of the chemical in 92% of nonorganic oat-based foods purchased in May 2023.

You can blame the Trump Administration for allowing this pesticide to infect our food supply.

Writes the WSJ:

Chlormequat has not been approved for use on food crops grown in the U.S., according to the EWG, but it can be found in oats and oat products from other countries. Under the Trump administration, the Environmental Protection Agency started allowing imports of such products into the U.S., the EWG noted, which is why chlormequat can be found in some cereals sold in this country.

When I was in the first grade, '57, I asked this kid on the playground, who was really a weakling, frail, what he ate for breakfast, and he told me 'Cheerios', and it was then I made the conscious decision never to eat Cheerios. Haven't touched them since.

Good thing I didn't, because the stuff is pure crap. There is nothing that is healthy about Cheerios. I did eat Rice Krispies, Special K and Wheaties, which aren't much better. But most of the time growing up in the south, we had hominy grits and butter, with a fried egg, sunny side up, & sausage or ham. Much more healthier, I'm told. Today, my favorite breakfast is 3 eggs over medium, 3 strips of bacon and toast. I love that dish so much sometimes I will have it again, for dinner. contrary to popular belief, Eggs are good for you. On that plate, the least healthiest thing is the toast. Bacon and eggs are healthy, and I cook with butter, not canola oil. Butter, eggs, bacon are healthy and 'keto' friendly. I personally believe that the keto diet is the best, but, diets will always be controversial, so find one that works for you and don't give too much credence to anonymous dudes on the internet, just sayin'

Remember George Carlin's theory: It's good for you to be eating microscopic amounts of "shit" because not only is it harmless, it improves the power of your body to fight off disease. If you go through life trying to avoid "germs," your body will become more vulnerable to them. It stands to reason.

I cannot help recalling an article I read in the '70's while in college, about breakfast cereals that were popular at the time. A researcher fed various cereals to lab rats to see how they would fare on a diet exclusively of any cereal. He did not immerse them in milk because that would skew the results. Most of the cereals resulted in a slow and pathetic death to the rats. On a hunch, he ground up the cardboard packages and fed THAT to the rats, and the rats were able to survive on the cardboard - better than the cereal itself.

Parenthetically, I just bought a box of "crunchy" Cheerios. They are pretty good. Considering.

I think Carlin was referring to germs, not chemicals. Right?

That’s what some people may be asking in light of a study released this week by the Environmental Working Group, a Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit focused on agricultural and chemical-safety laws in the U.S. The study looked at the prevalence of a pesticide called chlormequat in oat-based food products, including cereals like Cheerios and Quaker Oats.

The EWG said it found detectable levels of the chemical in 92% of nonorganic oat-based foods purchased in May 2023.

You can blame the Trump Administration for allowing this pesticide to infect our food supply.

Writes the WSJ:

Chlormequat has not been approved for use on food crops grown in the U.S., according to the EWG, but it can be found in oats and oat products from other countries. Under the Trump administration, the Environmental Protection Agency started allowing imports of such products into the U.S., the EWG noted, which is why chlormequat can be found in some cereals sold in this country.

Cute Trump obsessed post.

rent free.png

When I was in the first grade, '57, I asked this kid on the playground, who was really a weakling, frail, what he ate for breakfast, and he told me 'Cheerios', and it was then I made the conscious decision never to eat Cheerios. Haven't touched them since.

Good thing I didn't, because the stuff is pure crap. There is nothing that is healthy about Cheerios. I did eat Rice Krispies, Special K and Wheaties, which aren't much better. But most of the time growing up in the south, we had hominy grits and butter, with a fried egg, sunny side up, & sausage or ham. Much more healthier, I'm told. Today, my favorite breakfast is 3 eggs over medium, 3 strips of bacon and toast. I love that dish so much sometimes I will have it again, for dinner. contrary to popular belief, Eggs are good for you. On that plate, the least healthiest thing is the toast. Bacon and eggs are healthy, and I cook with butter, not canola oil. Butter, eggs, bacon are healthy and 'keto' friendly. I personally believe that the keto diet is the best, but, diets will always be controversial, so find one that works for you and don't give too much credence to anonymous dudes on the internet, just sayin'

This post is not about Cheerios. It's about Trump.

As are 99% of the OP's posts.

This post is not about Cheerios. It's about Trump.

As are 99% of the OP's posts.

Wrong again, Darling. The OP is about our Cheerios and our food supply. Do try to keep up. So what is your opinion on the OP and the pesticide in question?

Last edited:
Wrong again, Darling. The OP is about our Cheerios and our food supply. Do try to keep up. So what is your opinion on the OP and the pesticide in question?

So delete the one line right under the link in your opening post and see how much meaning remains in your thread for you.

Go ahead.

I dare you.

So delete the one line right under the link in your opening post and see how much meaning remains in your thread for you.

Go ahead.

I dare you.

If you made your comment earlier, I would have made the change. I can’t now because more than 90 minutes has elapsed. I am now barred from making any changes.

When I was 4 my sister asked me how many Cheerios I could put in my nose. I think my nose started bleeding after 3.

Detectable? What does that mean in real life? There are instruments that can detect something as small as a microbe or an atom. If we let these environmental activists run our lives we will starve to death.

Forum List

Back