Trump threatens to pull ICE out of CA

Trump cannot pull ICE out of California. That would be a dereliction if duty.
True...but he CAN order a reallocation of personnel. IOW, he can redeploy the vast majority of personnel to other areas either within the state or to other states. This way his obligation would be met technically. I personally think he should do this.

In terms of “sanctuary cities”, there is no legal obligation on the states or the cities to hold illegals for ICE.
Also true, concurrently there is a legal obligation that the state provide services to all persons legal or illegal. Another reason that I think Trump should reallocate away from California. This is a way that he can make the state pay for their indiscretion.

Most state and cities jails are full to overflowing. States and cities can ill afford the tax dollars or the space for illegal immigrants until ICE gets around to prosecuting them. If the individual has been in the US for more than 14 days, there is a lengthy hearing process which may see them remain in custody for months before being deported.
Yes they are, and around 12% of the California inmate population are illegal. California spends well in excess of $1B/yr to house these inmates for the felonies they commit.Yet...they (California) continue to enact policies which exacerbate the issue? While at the same time complaining about ICE? Your logic train escapes me.

We were handling the issue just fine long before Trump and his weaponized federal agents started their campaign to fill the privately owned prisons, who will be the only ones in trouble now.

-Please provide the details of "handling it".
-The Federal Government is ending usage of privately controlled prisons. The last contracts are due to terminate by 2021.
US to end federal use of private prisons
-Commiefornia on the other hand...
California to continue contracting private prisons | The Daily Californian
That decision was reversed.
In fact, it was one of the very first things Trump reversed as soon as he took office.
One winner under Trump: The private prison industry

Also, the reason CA is continuing PAST 2021 is due to the fact that CCA has been suing the snot out of the state, and the only way for California to finally wean itself is to reduce its dependence to the point where they can handle all their inmates through the state owned facilities.
Take away federal grants and California's addiction continues.
So you see, you're not ACTUALLY interested, you're just gloating and trolling.

What's the matter, Ray from Cleveland, you mad, bro?
I bet you came here to go to Disneyland, your wife and kids left you and tried to find solace on Hollywood Blvd., thinking you'd find a hooker, and you wound up getting a hummer from a tranny instead.

Mad? What would I be mad about. Upset? Not at all. But if I dreamt up stories like the one you just posted, I would seek professional help. HTF did you get to that from what I posted? Are you like 12 years old or something?

I am not the knob from Cleveland who has spent the last few pages bitching about a state they don't live in while their own Rust Belt nightmare eclipses any problems we have out here.
That would be called projection.
You are dismissed, PUNK from Cleveland.

I bet you came here to go to Disneyland, your wife and kids left you and tried to find solace on Hollywood Blvd., thinking you'd find a hooker, and you wound up getting a hummer from a tranny instead.

Mad? What would I be mad about. Upset? Not at all. But if I dreamt up stories like the one you just posted, I would seek professional help. HTF did you get to that from what I posted? Are you like 12 years old or something?

I am not the knob from Cleveland who has spent the last few pages bitching about a state they don't live in while their own Rust Belt nightmare eclipses any problems we have out here.

In case you didn't know, this is a political forum where we discuss all kinds of issues from cities, states, the country and other countries. Discussion is not bitching. This is bitching:

In fact, it was one of the very first things Trump reversed as soon as he took office.

Well, that is genuinely unfortunate. That was one of the few good things President Bobo did while in office. Private prisons are not a good thing...full stop.

Also, the reason CA is continuing PAST 2021 is due to the fact that CCA has been suing the snot out of the state

"Orlando said, adding that California has no specific timeline for reducing the state’s contracts with private prisons."
California to continue contracting private prisons | The Daily Californian

Why? Maybe because Gov. Moonbeam renewed contracts for them in....2013.
Gov. Jerry Brown moves ahead with second private-prison deal

That's good though. Maybe Wakenthut or PIA will build some new facilities in the state. You will need them...Amigo!

In case you didn't know, this is a political forum where we discuss all kinds of issues from cities, states, the country and other countries. Discussion is not bitching. This is bitching:

Initial statements are one thing...however, once you have locked horns ad hominem is just lame. Sometimes, I feel like a butcher with 100lbs of fat cutting to find the lean bits.

Forum List

Back