Mandatory death penalty for gun crimes.

RWNJ

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2015
Here's how I see it. Any crime committed where a firearm is used should carry a mandatory death penalty. Some may say this is too harsh. I say it's justified because of all the lives it would save. If someone knows the penalty for a crime, then no penalty is cruel or unusual. They decided to commit said crime with the full knowledge of the consequences should they be apprehended. There is also the simple fact that most violent crime is committed by REPEAT offenders. I say we just kill the bastards. We'd be better off in the long run. What do you think?

Here's how I see it. Any crime committed where a firearm is used should carry a mandatory death penalty. Some may say this is too harsh. I say it's justified because of all the lives it would save. If someone knows the penalty for a crime, then no penalty is cruel or unusual. They decided to commit said crime with the full knowledge of the consequences should they be apprehended. There is also the simple fact that most violent crime is committed by REPEAT offenders. I say we just kill the bastards. We'd be better off in the long run. What do you think?
That’s nice from a revenge standpoint. It does zero in terms of preventing gun violence.

• Banned
Florida is a death penalty state . Didn’t seem to sway Mr Cruz .
That's because it is not enforced the way it should be. If there was a mandatory death penalty for any crime where a firearm is discharged, no excuses...no plea bargains, then things would be a lot different.

and no 15 minutes of fame.

closed trial, solitary confinement til repeals exhausted, taken to the cemetary, make him dig his own grave, .22 behind the ear, fill in the unmarked grave.

That’s nice from a revenge standpoint. It does zero in terms of preventing gun violence.

Cuts down on repeat offenders...........

my solution is zero tolerance for violent crimes....you use a gun committing a crime,even if its not discharged, you automatically get 25 years and you serve every dam minute,no getting off for good behavior bullshit,every minute....if the gun is discharged more time added on and depending on how much damage is done,more time added on all the way up to life with no parole if you kill someone...and if you do kill someone and get the death penalty,you have 5 years to appeal,not this 25 years on death row bullshit....

Time to understand, like getting sick or most situations in life, prevention is the best solution. You can create any law you want, hasn't stopped addicts, murderers or any criminal activity. If someone wants to commit a crime they will.

It will certainly make sure that no witnesses are ever left alive.

You’re not going to scare criminals away from using guns. They already know if they get caught they are fucked. They don’t care. Many mass shooters end in suicide so threatening them with death isn’t exactly a deterant. Plus you’re never realistically going to pass anything like you want in this country. We don’t just execute criminals unless it is the worst of the worst. They used to do that in the past and there’s a reason why civilized societies have evolved to a different system.

no doubt.

but it also costs us millions more than a life sentence.

that said, don't you think it's a better idea to prevent killings of kids than to punish someone for it after?

and no 15 minutes of fame.

closed trial, solitary confinement til repeals exhausted, taken to the cemetary, make him dig his own grave, .22 behind the ear, fill in the unmarked grave.

you're generally entitled to a public trial we don't do star chambers. I agree though that they shouldn't be made famous for crimes. I'm just also sure that it's not likely.

Dylan Roof anyone?
Charles Manson?
Jeffrey Dahmer?

people love reading about serial killers.

no doubt.

that said, don't you think it's a better idea to prevent killings of kids than to punish someone for it after?

Nah, you could do it cheaper. A lot cheaper.

that said, don't you think it's a better idea to prevent killings of kids

That would be awesome!!!

What's the secret plan?

"Mandatory death penalty"? Do you know what you are advocating? There is no such thing as a "mandatory death penalty" for a hundred good Constitutionally guaranteed reasons. Take a freaking break and think about it.

no doubt.

That would be awesome!!!

What's the secret plan?

you can't do it cheaper unless you take away the appeals. and given the success of the Innocence Project in finding out when people on death row have been wrongfully convicted, we can't really do that.

there's no secret plan to stopping all killings. I wish there was.

but there are things we can do, like starting with tougher background checks. I don't mind guns. but lets face it, wife beaters, felons, people who are mentally unstable like this creep in FL was... they shouldn't have guns. That should be a no brainer... we should all be able to agree on those minimal concepts.

Slippery slope. Think back th that Zimmerman retard. In many states he would have been convicted of murder. How would that have sat with you if he cought a death sentance for shooting Trevan?

no doubt.

That would be awesome!!!

What's the secret plan?

you can't do it cheaper unless you take away the appeals. and given the success of the Innocence Project in finding out when people on death row have been wrongfully convicted, we can't really do that.

there's no secret plan to stopping all killings. I wish there was.

but there are things we can do, like starting with tougher background checks. I don't mind guns. but lets face it, wife beaters, felons, people who are mentally unstable like this creep in FL was... they shouldn't have guns. That should be a no brainer... we should all be able to agree on those minimal concepts.

you can't do it cheaper unless you take away the appeals.

You don't need to allow endless appeals for dozens of years.

there's no secret plan to stopping all killings.

You got me all excited, leading me to believe you had a way to save kids without also executing criminals, now you're harshing my buzz by saying there is no plan?

You do realize that executing someone is more expensive that life imprisonment don’t you? There are nine levels of appeal only some of which are discretionary. Trials and appeals cost the taxpayers millions.

Death Penalty Appeals Process | Capital Punishment in Context

Forum List

Back