Trump should delay State of the Union until impeachment trial ends

Could he deliver the address in The Senate chamber with The anti-American House dis-invited?

Why cast pearls before swine?

both houses of congress has to be in session & attend. per the constituion. you know what that is right?
You obviously have no idea what the constitution says.

That explains why when I directly quoted what the constitution actually says regarding the matter in post #19, you rated it funny.

You're just a clueless TDS afflicted moron.

both houses have to attend per the constitution.

Say it loud and say it proud. Nancy is not our Queen. She doesn't get to decide to postpone the State of the Union because she doesn't like the fact that our Union is doing well. Deliver the address with bells on...

donny doesn't wanna go b4 congress unless the trial is dismissed, so he can gloat. but it'll never change the fact that he was impeached no matter what & he just can't handle it.

Actually you lie as he sees it as a desperation ploy by the Democrats, especially since it was 100% one party one sided, and one Democrat switched parties while another voted "present".

That "impeachment" is a win.

majority wins. oh well. that's the way it is.

& donny will always be the 3rd prez impeached. for ever & ever & everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Say it loud and say it proud. Nancy is not our Queen. She doesn't get to decide to postpone the State of the Union because she doesn't like the fact that our Union is doing well. Deliver the address with bells on...

donny doesn't wanna go b4 congress unless the trial is dismissed, so he can gloat. but it'll never change the fact that he was impeached no matter what & he just can't handle it.

Actually you lie as he sees it as a desperation ploy by the Democrats, especially since it was 100% one party one sided, and one Democrat switched parties while another voted "present".

& donny will always be the 3rd prez impeached. for ever & ever & everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Majority does win, hence he will be acquitted in the Senate. Impeachment means zero without a conviction.

Majority does win, hence he will be acquitted in the Senate. Impeachment means zero without a conviction.

whether he is or not acquitted will never change the fact he was impeached as much as he & some of his flying monkeys say he's not. he will always have an *asterisk next to his name.

& will be listed right after clinton. they will forever be joined together in that little shameful club.

whether he is or not acquitted will never change the fact he was impeached as much as he & some of his flying monkeys say he's not. he will always have an *asterisk next to his name.

& will be listed right after clinton. they will forever joined together in that little shameful club.

I have never seen an * next to WJC. You live in your own little delusional world it seems.

& will be listed right after clinton. they will forever joined together in that little shameful club.

I have never seen an * next to WJC. You live in your own little delusional world it seems.

When speech or writing is not literal, it is figurative, like when you say you have a ton of homework. ... The adjective figurative comes from the Old French word figuratif, which means “metaphorical.” Any figure of speech — a statement or phrase not intended to be understood literally — is figurative.

i know, i know how hard it is for president tinkles & his base to accept; but whether it is explicitly stated alongside his mentioned name or not - the fact remains that
' IMPEACHED ' will always be that elephant in the room.

now, are you gonna whine that there isn't a real elephant too?

now are you gonna

Could he deliver the address in The Senate chamber with The anti-American House dis-invited?

both houses of congress has to be in session & attend. per the constituion. you know what that is right?

That explains why when I directly quoted what the constitution actually says regarding the matter in post #19, you rated it funny.

Bullshit. I doubt that you've ever even read the US Constitution. And you certainly cannot cite the clause that says that both houses must be in session or attend the SOTU address, because it doesn't exist.

They have failed to impeach him, to this point.
They still may.
They voted to, they simply are having second thoughts, or doubts, or sobered up, I dunno.

The * will be that he fought a coup ( that took different forms) for his entire first term and was elected to a second term by an even greater margin than the first.

they impeached him. it's a done deal. poor you. poor donny. he will forever be in the history books as the 3rd prez to be impeached. tutt tutt.

Really stupid people believe that.

impeachment is the sole responsibility of the house.

the house impeached with a vast majority passing 2 articles. you denying it doesn't change facts.

poor poor poorly educated you.

Yet they won't accept and act on that responsibility
Why?

Steve Bannon on Fox Sunday.

Former White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon joins Sunday Morning Futures to discuss rising support for democracy around the world, the impeachment trial and the annual State of the Union address.

I think the President should give the SOTU speech during the impeachment trial. Give him a chance to answer back to the false charges immediately

Why bother with the sotu? It’s all bull shit and has been for decades.

He should get up there and say the obvious...”the sotu is great for the 1%, the rest of you can fuck off.”

Poor Baby
This may not be the country for you.
Yes people like you march to the government’s tune, no matter what. Those like me who use my First Amendment rights to criticize Uncle, should leave...and here I thought Rs and cons respected the Bill of Rights. Ops.

Now that’s America!!!

He doesn't make the schedule for what takes place on Capitol Hill. He can ask.
He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper;

Well, if the Constitution says "from time to time," Trump COULD wait till after the impeachment foolishness is done and gone. I think that's a good idea...……...maybe. Probably better just not to pay any attention to these traitor Dems.

Bullshit. I doubt that you've ever even read the US Constitution. And you certainly cannot cite the clause that says that both houses must be in session or attend the SOTU address, because it doesn't exist.

Origins and Authorization
The formal basis for the State of the Union Address is from the U.S. Constitution:

• The President “shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient.” Article II, Section 3, Clause 1.
    https://history.house.gov/Institution/SOTU/State-of-the-Union/

Section 3.
    He shall from time to time give to the Congress information of the state of the union, and recommend to their consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; ( the Congress... their consideration means both houses )

he may, on extraordinary occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, ( the usual yearly SOTU address is not an 'extraordinary occasion' )and in case of disagreement between them, with respect to the time of adjournment, he may adjourn them to such time as he shall think proper; ( hence the dismissal of the trial he's jonesing for so he can gloat on schedule ) he shall receive ambassadors and other public ministers; he shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed, and shall commission all the officers of the United States.
    Article II

I can't remember the last SOTU in watched or listened to, maybe Clinton? I am sure they will have a SOTU address this month, it just seems everyone wants to add some drama to the event.

Reagan. And I never watch any debates.

They still may.
They voted to, they simply are having second thoughts, or doubts, or sobered up, I dunno.

The * will be that he fought a coup ( that took different forms) for his entire first term and was elected to a second term by an even greater margin than the first.

they impeached him. it's a done deal. poor you. poor donny. he will forever be in the history books as the 3rd prez to be impeached. tutt tutt.

the house impeached with a vast majority passing 2 articles. you denying it doesn't change facts.

Why?

there's nothing that says the articles have to go to the senate in a specific time frame. pelosi never intended on holding them forever. they will be on their way most likely this week. she held onto them for a while for a few good reasons & it came to work in her favor.

They still may.

Why?

there's nothing that says the articles have to go to the senate in a specific time frame. pelosi never intended on holding them forever. they will be on their way most likely this week. she held onto them for a while for a few good reasons & it came to work in her favor.

Let us know once she does and he is actually impeached.
TIA.

Why?

Let us know once she does and he is actually impeached.
TIA.

the charges have been filed. there would be no trial if the charges weren't written up dummy.

nice try, but yer logic doesn't fly. he's been impeached. accept it & move on.

Forum List

Back