Trump should delay State of the Union until impeachment trial ends

Trump should crash SNL this Saturday and do his SOTU speech there.

Pree
Really stupid people believe that.

impeachment is the sole responsibility of the house.

the house impeached with a vast majority passing 2 articles. you denying it doesn't change facts.

poor poor poorly educated you.

Yet they won't accept and act on that responsibility
Why?

there's nothing that says the articles have to go to the senate in a specific time frame. pelosi never intended on holding them forever. they will be on their way most likely this week. she held onto them for a while for a few good reasons & it came to work in her favor.

Let us know once she does and he is actually impeached.
TIA.

the charges have been filed. there would be no trial if the charges weren't written up dummy.

nice try, but yer logic doesn't fly. he's been impeached. accept it & move on.

He was impeached, and now he will soon be exonerated.

Declared by the US Senate to be as Innocent as a Newborn Babe and the "investigation thoroughly discredited.

Trump should crash SNL this Saturday and do his SOTU speech there.

Pree

the house impeached with a vast majority passing 2 articles. you denying it doesn't change facts.

Why?

there's nothing that says the articles have to go to the senate in a specific time frame. pelosi never intended on holding them forever. they will be on their way most likely this week. she held onto them for a while for a few good reasons & it came to work in her favor.

TIA.

the charges have been filed. there would be no trial if the charges weren't written up dummy.

He was impeached, and now he will soon be exonerated.

Declared by the US Senate to be as Innocent as a Newborn Babe and the "investigation thoroughly discredited.

lol... his name will be right next to slick willy's.

forever & ever & ever.

Could he deliver the address in The Senate chamber with The anti-American House dis-invited?

Why cast pearls before swine?

both houses of congress has to be in session & attend. per the constituion. you know what that is right?
You obviously have no idea what the constitution says.

That explains why when I directly quoted what the constitution actually says regarding the matter in post #19, you rated it funny.

You're just a clueless TDS afflicted moron.

both houses have to attend per the constitution.
Bullshit. I doubt that you've ever even read the US Constitution. And you certainly cannot cite the clause that says that both houses must be in session or attend the SOTU address, because it doesn't exist.

Origins and Authorization
The formal basis for the State of the Union Address is from the U.S. Constitution:

• The President “shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient.” Article II, Section 3, Clause 1.
    https://history.house.gov/Institution/SOTU/State-of-the-Union/

Section 3.
    He shall from time to time give to the Congress information of the state of the union, and recommend to their consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; ( the Congress... their consideration means both houses )

he may, on extraordinary occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, ( the usual yearly SOTU address is not an 'extraordinary occasion' )and in case of disagreement between them, with respect to the time of adjournment, he may adjourn them to such time as he shall think proper; ( hence the dismissal of the trial he's jonesing for so he can gloat on schedule ) he shall receive ambassadors and other public ministers; he shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed, and shall commission all the officers of the United States.
    Article II
Notice that it doesn't say that both houses must be in session, you idiot.

It also gives the president the power to convene one or both houses of congress at his sole discretion.

Actually you lie as he sees it as a desperation ploy by the Democrats, especially since it was 100% one party one sided, and one Democrat switched parties while another voted "present".

That "impeachment" is a win.

majority wins. oh well. that's the way it is.

& donny will always be the 3rd prez impeached. for ever & ever & everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Majority does win, hence he will be acquitted in the Senate. Impeachment means zero without a conviction.

whether he is or not acquitted will never change the fact he was impeached as much as he & some of his flying monkeys say he's not. he will always have an *asterisk next to his name.

& will be listed right after clinton. they will forever joined together in that little shameful club.

I have never seen an * next to WJC. You live in your own little delusional world it seems.

When speech or writing is not literal, it is figurative, like when you say you have a ton of homework. ... The adjective figurative comes from the Old French word figuratif, which means “metaphorical.” Any figure of speech — a statement or phrase not intended to be understood literally — is figurative.

i know, i know how hard it is for president tinkles & his base to accept; but whether it is explicitly stated alongside his mentioned name or not - the fact remains that
' IMPEACHED ' will always be that elephant in the room.

now, are you gonna whine that there isn't a real elephant too?

now are you gonna

Context matters. It was one sided, partisan and based on an opinion.

Why?

TIA.

Actually they have not been filled -
They voted to file charges, but they haven't yet.
Why won't they file?

& donny will always be the 3rd prez impeached. for ever & ever & everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Majority does win, hence he will be acquitted in the Senate. Impeachment means zero without a conviction.

whether he is or not acquitted will never change the fact he was impeached as much as he & some of his flying monkeys say he's not. he will always have an *asterisk next to his name.

& will be listed right after clinton. they will forever joined together in that little shameful club.

I have never seen an * next to WJC. You live in your own little delusional world it seems.

When speech or writing is not literal, it is figurative, like when you say you have a ton of homework. ... The adjective figurative comes from the Old French word figuratif, which means “metaphorical.” Any figure of speech — a statement or phrase not intended to be understood literally — is figurative.

i know, i know how hard it is for president tinkles & his base to accept; but whether it is explicitly stated alongside his mentioned name or not - the fact remains that

now are you gonna

sure.

now are you gonna

sure.
My post was 100% factual. I win again. Have another.

Say it loud and say it proud. Nancy is not our Queen. She doesn't get to decide to postpone the State of the Union because she doesn't like the fact that our Union is doing well. Deliver the address with bells on...

donny doesn't wanna go b4 congress unless the trial is dismissed, so he can gloat. but it'll never change the fact that he was impeached no matter what & he just can't handle it.

Actually you lie as he sees it as a desperation ploy by the Democrats, especially since it was 100% one party one sided, and one Democrat switched parties while another voted "present".

& will be listed right after clinton. they will forever be joined together in that little shameful club.

If Trump continues on the same path during his second tenure, history is going to make him one of the most influential and successful presidents we have ever had. The impeachment will be forever looked upon as an unsuccessful Deep State coup that nearly destroyed the Democratic party...

He doesn't make the schedule for what takes place on Capitol Hill. He can ask.
If the Democrats want Bolton and Mulvaney to testify then Trump can call Hunter Biden, Adam Schiff and the so-called
'whistlebower' to as well. This should be fun.

I agree. A fair trial requires all witnesses and documents relevant*** to the indictment be heard by the jury; in an impeachment case the Senators are the jury, and they have a duty to listen to the evidence and decide on the evidence when called for a vote.

Two other points:
  • The Chief Justice will decide on the relevance of the evidence, but he can be overruled by a majority of the Senators;
  • Moscow Mitch McConnell has already stated his decision and is seeking to make the trail in the Senate a mockery.
In my opinion Sen. McConnell has violated his oath of office, and if he has an iota of integrity and devotion to the Constitution, he would recuse himself. The same goes for Sen Graham.

Why?

TIA.

Actually they have not been filled -
They voted to file charges, but they haven't yet.
Why won't they file?

they are now officially part of the U S history archives.

trump-impeachment-vote-promo-1576708669492-facebookJumbo-v3.jpg

b36f736f-ef1a-4eff-bc3d-4b8c6582a4a5.jpeg

for ever & ever & everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

now are you gonna

sure.

* impeached.

donny doesn't wanna go b4 congress unless the trial is dismissed, so he can gloat. but it'll never change the fact that he was impeached no matter what & he just can't handle it.

& will be listed right after clinton. they will forever be joined together in that little shameful club.

If Trump continues on the same path during his second tenure, history is going to make him one of the most influential and successful presidents we have ever had. The impeachment will be forever looked upon as an unsuccessful Deep State coup that nearly destroyed the Democratic party...

deep state coup................... :71:

only nutters believe in that.

now are you gonna

sure.

* impeached.
Nothing burger. Only person that seems to care is you. It has zero impact on my life.

deep state coup................... :71:

only nutters believe in that.

Only the ignorant ignore it. Everyone seems to know about it but you.:eusa_doh:

They hold resistance seminars. Soros is their key speaker. Pelosi and Warren hand out resistance booklets with planned strategies to hinder our President. Where the hell have you been? It's not like they are a secret conspiracy or something. They hide in plain site:
George Soros and Nancy Pelosi will address the leaders of the Democratic “resistance” on Friday as they join a three-day conference cloaked in secrecy.
Soros, Pelosi Meeting To Fund And Plot Democratic ‘Resistance’

If you don't like the Daily caller. pick another. There's plenty of media exposure on the Deep State agenda...

now are you gonna

sure.

* impeached.
Nothing burger. Only person that seems to care is you. It has zero impact on my life.

#me too. The Trump Administration has much to do with the lives of many, and if you had kids you too would be worried about the outcome of the trial.

They have failed to impeach him, to this point.
They still may.
They voted to, they simply are having second thoughts, or doubts, or sobered up, I dunno.

The * will be that he fought a coup ( that took different forms) for his entire first term and was elected to a second term by an even greater margin than the first.

they impeached him. it's a done deal. poor you. poor donny. he will forever be in the history books as the 3rd prez to be impeached. tutt tutt.

Why?

They will be on their way this week? How do you know?

How is her holding on to them worked in her favor?

Forum List

Back