Trump is hurting the Republican Brand

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Poll: Majority Says Trump is Hurting GOP Brand

58 percent of adults say that Trump has marred the GOP's reputation, compared to just 24 percent who say he is helping its image.

Republicans are divided on the question, with 43 percent saying Trump is helping the GOP's image and 40 percent saying that he has hurt it.

Of all Americans, about half - 52 percent - say his language is offensive, while 43 percent say he's "telling it like it is."

But among all adults, Trump has a 27 percent positive favorability rating/ 55 percent negative rating.

Trump fares the worst of any 2016 candidate polled on favorability measures, both with all adults and with Latinos.
Among all adults
  • Carson: +33%/-28% (Net: +5 percent)
  • Rubio: +26%/-23% (Net: +3 percent)
  • Clinton: +41%/-44% (Net: -3 percent)
  • Cruz: +23%/-29% (Net: -6 percent)
  • Bush: +22%/-40% (Net: -18 percent)
  • Trump: +27%/-55% (Net: -28 percent)

Last edited:
Ah, but the poll also indicated most gopers don't think the Donald is hurting the brand. I'll probably vote Rubio, though I distrust his lack of experience, and I actually thing Hillary might be the best prepared for the job. Unfortunately, she would probably mean single payor, at least eventually.

Ah, but the poll also indicated most gopers don't think the Donald is hurting the brand. I'll probably vote Rubio, though I distrust his lack of experience, and I actually thing Hillary might be the best prepared for the job. Unfortunately, she would probably mean single payor, at least eventually.

You have to look at the long term impact that Trump will have on the GOP brand

How many future Republicans are turned away by Trumps hate rhetoric?
Has he permanantly lost the Hispanic vote for Republicans?
How about the womans vote?

The fact that a major political party would even consider a candidate like Trump does long term damage. Makes people ask....Is THAT the rhetoric I want to be associated with?

People are scared, and Trump is playing into that. He is being offensive to the majority, but to the minority that is Trump voters he is telling his version of truth.

0bama is feeding the fears. We are going to hear a lot more from Trump unless the mainstream recognizes this and stop feeding it

Unfortunately, the Republican brand was wrecked long before Trump came on the scene. In fact, the only reason Trump has gone as far as he has is precisely because the Republican and conservative brands are destroyed.

If the brands were strong, Trump would have been laughed out of the room. In fact, he would never have even made a bid. He doesn't have the necessary intellectual capacity of an old school conservative Republican. Not even close.

No, it's because we let the party be taken over by retards and bigots that a Louder Bigoted Retard with a big wallet has gotten as far as he has.

Trump is the physical manifestation which demonstrates how far the party has fallen spiritually, intellectually, philosophically, and emotionally.

Trump is establishing a new paradigm for future Republican Candidates

Even though he will not win, he is doing well enough so that future Republicans will emulate him

You have to look at the long term impact that Trump will have on the GOP brand

How many future Republicans are turned away by Trumps hate rhetoric?
Has he permanantly lost the Hispanic vote for Republicans?
How about the womans vote?

The fact that a major political party would even consider a candidate like Trump does long term damage. Makes people ask....Is THAT the rhetoric I want to be associated with?
It's not exactly a new phenomenon. If the tea party hadn't forced Mitt so far right, he'd be potus running for reelection.

The beltway whores with an R after their names hurt the republican brand. Donald Trump is simply Donald Trump.

Unfortunately, the Republican brand was wrecked long before Trump came on the scene. In fact, the only reason Trump has gone as far as he has is precisely because the Republican and conservative brands are destroyed.

If the brands were strong, Trump would have been laughed out of the room. In fact, he would never have even made a bid. He doesn't have the necessary intellectual capacity of an old school conservative Republican. Not even close.

No, it's because we let the party be taken over retards that a Louder Retard with a big wallet has gotten as far as he has.

Trump is the physical manifestation which demonstrates how far the party has fallen spiritually, intellectually, and emotionally.
Goldwater would be ashamed.

No, it's because we let the party be taken over retards that a Louder Retard with a big wallet has gotten as far as he has.

Trump is the physical manifestation which demonstrates how far the party has fallen spiritually, intellectually, and emotionally.

If Goldwater were alive, he would drop dead of apoplexy.

Aside from the crocodile tears, the interesting thing about liberals is that they are more concerned with "branding" than they are with substance.

Aside from the crocodile tears, the interesting thing about liberals is that they are more concerned with "branding" than they are with substance.
The conservative Republican brand was one of substance in the past. This is the point which sails a mile above your head.

It's like the History channel. It used to show history. Now it shows aliens and UFOs and pawn shops and truck drivers. "Reality" TV.

That's what has happened to the GOP. It's all seriously retarded shit. Instead of appealing to the highest and best, it now appeals to the lowest common denominator.

Has Trump really shown and substance?

The conservative Republican brand was one of substance in the past. This is the point which sails a mile above your head.

Remember when conservative Republicans used to be the intellectuals?

If Goldwater were alive, he would drop dead of apoplexy.
I think Goldwater would own the Donald's nuts.

Yes, I have said it many, many times. A conservative used to be the smartest person in the room. Nowadays, a "conservative" is the guy in the corner listening to the vocies in his head and shitting in his pants.

"They tell me what I want to hear!"

Yes, I have said it many, many times. A conservative used to be the smartest person in the room. Nowadays, a "conservative" is the guy drooling on himself in the corner, listening to the vocies in his head and shitting in his pants.
Rubio has had some decent ideas. I don't find Paul Ryan totally objectionable. But, the problem is with the base. It's basically old afraid and white. And, seriously, there's a lot to be optimistic about. We're a lot better positioned as a nation than we were in 1980. What's disheartening is that the gop is not espousing conservative economic ideals about how we can grow. Harry Reid demonized the Kochs, but he's really not the problem. The Kochs could probably spend billions trying to move the economy forward, and it wouldn't change the dynamics within the gop.

I think it's even money (-: we'll end up with Hillary and punitive non-uniform taxes levied against people just acting in rational best interest and single payer, requiring new graduates buy into policies for oldsters.

Forum List

Back