Why Trump will Win the General Election, and Not just the Primary

Georgia has been leaning blue the last few election cycles

Republican Governor Bryan Kemp would normally lead the Republican political effort for Trump
The same Gov Kemp who Trump constantly attacks
I hope it doesn't. I'm more worried about apathy on the part of democrats than activism on the side of the republicans. If DEMS turn out; DEMS win. Its that simple.

First of all, let's all agree that Trump will win the GOP primary, barring his own death.

View attachment 821163

The indict, indict, indict, indict again, strategy is falling on its ass. Support for Trump goes up when they attack him through the weaponized justice system. The mugshot was a Hail Mary pass to make Trump look bad. It not only increased support due to the absurd lack of necessity for a picture of Trump with which to identify him, it gave his campaign an image so effective that they would have had to pay a handsome fee to a professional photog for it.

That's the primary. As to the general:

I'm seeing claims on here that only thirty-something percent of the voters support Trump for president. That makes sense if Reps and Dems roughly split the electorate in half and 62% of the GOP voters support Trump. Half of 62 is 31. Ok, simple math tells you Trump will only get about a third of the popular vote, giving Biden the biggest landslide in U.S. history.

So goes the wishful logic.

But . . . that doesn't take into account that as Republican challengers drop out, their voters are most likely to turn to Trump as they did in the 2016 Primary. Once their ideal candidate is gone, and it is Biden v. Trump, they will have no choice but support Trump. So, we go to the general divided among the usual party lines.

Trump won't just get the Trump primary supporters, he will also get all of the anti-Biden vote. That number will grow, as the economy continues its decline, Democrats appear to want to ramp up COVID restrictions again, and more and more of what little resources we have left are spent on illegal aliens and on propping up the unelected Ukrainian regime.

Trump has a core of voters that will vote for him no matter what. Biden has no such following, not among U.S. citizens. If the Biden family were not such obvious crooks at this point, Trump's indictments might weigh against him, among undecideds.

Most importantly, undecided will ask themselves, "was I better off under Trump, or under Biden."
note:

Save this thread because who doesn't like a Seymour Flop.

The biggest differences between Republican primary voters and the general electorate

We look at some key demographics and beliefs in the Cooperative Election Study.

GOP primary voters are whiter, older and more evangelical than Americans overall

GOP voters are more anti-immigrant than Americans overall

GOP voters and the general electorate disagree on immigration

Republican primary voters are much less supportive of abortion rights

Republicans are less permissive of abortion than the electorate

Less government spending and control is a big issue for Republicans

Forum List

Back