Why Trump will Win the General Election, and Not just the Primary

Most importantly, undecided will ask themselves,"was I better off under Trump, or under Biden."
This is among the most arbitrary and pointless criteria for deciding how to vote. First, it assumes that people are fundamentally self-centered, and don't think that's the case. Second, in my life, neither my good fortunes nor my losses, ever had anything to do with who was President at the time.

Trump is noisy, but he's finished. His chaotic grandstanding is no longer entertaining. He's a phoney.
That's a nice thought, but I'm seeing the opposite. Regardless of Trump's fate, the disgust with liberals hasn't diminished. If anything it's worse now than it was in 2016, and liberals don't even seem to notice. They're certainly not doing anything to address it. They're doubling down on the we-know-betterism and identity politics. People, lots of people, are sick of this crap. Democrats can simply dismiss them, but it won't unify the country. And it might cost them the election.

This is among the most arbitrary and pointless criteria for deciding how to vote. First, it assumes that people are fundamentally self-centered, and don't think that's the case. Second, in my life, neither my good fortunes nor my losses, ever had anything to do with who was President at the time.
For much of your life, yes.

But unless you have an income with automatic increases to keep up with inflation, Bidenomics has had a negative impact on you, because you earn less buying power forvthevsame work.

Unless you never drive and live off grid using personal solar and wind power only, Biden's energy prices have affected you negatively.

Not from what I've seen. But even so, you can't govern a country if half (or even a significant minority) of the people hate you.
You are wrong about the first, but we will have to find a way for the second. or we will go into an authoritarian progressive government like Canada, and I don't want that. But there is no choice if the other is MAGA.

You are wrong about the first, but we will have to find a way for the second. or we will go into an authoritarian progressive government like Canada, and I don't want that. But there is no choice if the other is MAGA.
The "way" to resolve the second is the commit to consensus and give up the "elections have consequences" attitude. That's also the way to get elected. But who cares about saving the country? There's a culture war to win!

Of course not, we don't want one party rule, but you do want it, desire, favor it.

And that will not happen. Be the working majority and find out what most of the people want. It is not MAGA or 1950.

First of all, let's all agree that Trump will win the GOP primary, barring his own death.

View attachment 821163

The indict, indict, indict, indict again, strategy is falling on its ass. Support for Trump goes up when they attack him through the weaponized justice system. The mugshot was a Hail Mary pass to make Trump look bad. It not only increased support due to the absurd lack of necessity for a picture of Trump with which to identify him, it gave his campaign an image so effective that they would have had to pay a handsome fee to a professional photog for it.

That's the primary. As to the general:

I'm seeing claims on here that only thirty-something percent of the voters support Trump for president. That makes sense if Reps and Dems roughly split the electorate in half and 62% of the GOP voters support Trump. Half of 62 is 31. Ok, simple math tells you Trump will only get about a third of the popular vote, giving Biden the biggest landslide in U.S. history.

So goes the wishful logic.

But . . . that doesn't take into account that as Republican challengers drop out, their voters are most likely to turn to Trump as they did in the 2016 Primary. Once their ideal candidate is gone, and it is Biden v. Trump, they will have no choice but support Trump. So, we go to the general divided among the usual party lines.

Trump won't just get the Trump primary supporters, he will also get all of the anti-Biden vote. That number will grow, as the economy continues its decline, Democrats appear to want to ramp up COVID restrictions again, and more and more of what little resources we have left are spent on illegal aliens and on propping up the unelected Ukrainian regime.

Trump has a core of voters that will vote for him no matter what. Biden has no such following, not among U.S. citizens. If the Biden family were not such obvious crooks at this point, Trump's indictments might weigh against him, among undecideds.

Most importantly, undecided will ask themselves, "was I better off under Trump, or under Biden."
We are better off now than we were during trump. Biden inherited what the pandemic created. That's the same pandemic trump mismanaged.

Last edited:
I think Biden loses Georgia this time around. But NC may flip blue.

Georgia has been leaning blue the last few election cycles

Republican Governor Bryan Kemp would normally lead the Republican political effort for Trump
The same Gov Kemp who Trump constantly attacks

I think Biden loses Georgia this time around. But NC may flip blue.
Biden saddles them with any more illegals, NY and IL may flip red.

Newsome doesn't do something about drug addicts crowding the sidewalks and defecating on them, CA may flip red.

We are better off now than we were during trump. Biden inherited what the pandemic created. That's the same pandemic trump mismanaged.
He did mismanage the pandemic. He should have switched to the Swedish model as soon as he saw how successful he was.

But with the mass hysteria already generated, he might have been subjected to a bi-partisan impeachment and removal if he had done that. Allah knows that Pence would have gone along meekly with the Entrenched Bureaucracy.

First of all, let's all agree that Trump will win the GOP primary, barring his own death.

View attachment 821163

The indict, indict, indict, indict again, strategy is falling on its ass. Support for Trump goes up when they attack him through the weaponized justice system. The mugshot was a Hail Mary pass to make Trump look bad. It not only increased support due to the absurd lack of necessity for a picture of Trump with which to identify him, it gave his campaign an image so effective that they would have had to pay a handsome fee to a professional photog for it.

That's the primary. As to the general:

I'm seeing claims on here that only thirty-something percent of the voters support Trump for president. That makes sense if Reps and Dems roughly split the electorate in half and 62% of the GOP voters support Trump. Half of 62 is 31. Ok, simple math tells you Trump will only get about a third of the popular vote, giving Biden the biggest landslide in U.S. history.

So goes the wishful logic.

But . . . that doesn't take into account that as Republican challengers drop out, their voters are most likely to turn to Trump as they did in the 2016 Primary. Once their ideal candidate is gone, and it is Biden v. Trump, they will have no choice but support Trump. So, we go to the general divided among the usual party lines.

Trump won't just get the Trump primary supporters, he will also get all of the anti-Biden vote. That number will grow, as the economy continues its decline, Democrats appear to want to ramp up COVID restrictions again, and more and more of what little resources we have left are spent on illegal aliens and on propping up the unelected Ukrainian regime.

Trump has a core of voters that will vote for him no matter what. Biden has no such following, not among U.S. citizens. If the Biden family were not such obvious crooks at this point, Trump's indictments might weigh against him, among undecideds.

Most importantly, undecided will ask themselves, "was I better off under Trump, or under Biden."
Screenshot_20230906_071908_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230906_071938_Chrome.jpg

And what should they conclude?

Forum List

Back