Trump has ordered the largest single-year increase in army recruitment targets

They also aren't getting into jobs that involve physical labor, so there is that regardless of the lure of a military career.

Infantry will always be needed, because a missile cannot hold ground.

And how did Trump "dodge" the draft?
Through his alleged Planters Faciitis, if memory serves me....

I always considered draft dodging to be either ignoring a draft summons or actively running from one.

I guess the definition gets extended based on how much a person hates the person in question.
Definitely! ;) One is legal, and one is illegal!

But the end result is the same, it's draft dodging for the wealthy, vs draft dodging for the poor.....

College deferrals were "rich vs. poor"

Medical ones were more "equal" as long as you convinced the board doctor.
Or if you PAID a doctor to lie for you...money talked and the less affluent walked...right onto the battlefield.

Which would be illegal.

Are you saying Trump's family paid off the draft doctors?

I don't know and i don't care. Trump is president now......lets focus on him. The millenials might not remember Clinton but they sure know Trump.

Dodge, duck, dip, dive....and dodge.
5346-1516602782-34bdb4d8a9bf66d619f5e27dc790b5ec.jpg

The guy on the right.

The guy on the left? Not so much.

So i guess bill Clinton is less than Muller as well?
Methinks you are obsessed with the Clintons who are no longer a political threat. You are wasting energy on hatred carried over from the past. When you want to join us in discussing current events...we will be here.

your lack of an actual answer is noted and ridiculed.
Hard hitting logic is often subject to ridicule by the person targeted by that logic. But no one is laughing with them. Laughing alone to shield what's left of your wounded pride is so sad...so sad.

The military is one of the best ways that a government can effectively move people stuck at the financial bottom upward. I'm not sure why the left would complain about this.
On any given night we have between 130,000 and 200,000 homeless vets. They must have missed the memo about their upward mobility.
National Coalition for the Homeless

And you wonder why us capitalists say the government sucks at everything they do?

The VA should be run by a private company that would be held accountable for their failures. Even if it were provided grants by the Gov it'd be a shit ton better off - look at like USAA insurance for example. The problem with government is that it's never held accountable, the politicians will sweep the problems under the rug for decades so it doesn't effect their votes, they gov itself will hide it because they don't want to get bitched at by the public, etc.
So you want to make the VA a profit oriented
entity? Wouldn't that be like OBAMACARE for vets?

I always considered draft dodging to be either ignoring a draft summons or actively running from one.

I guess the definition gets extended based on how much a person hates the person in question.

But the end result is the same, it's draft dodging for the wealthy, vs draft dodging for the poor.....

Or if you PAID a doctor to lie for you...money talked and the less affluent walked...right onto the battlefield.

Which would be illegal.

Could be. They probably paid off Republican politicians.

Republicans don't even lie about it anymore. They understand everyone knows who they are.

Graham: 'Financial contributions will stop' if GOP doesn't pass tax reform

House Republican: my donors told me to pass the tax bill "or don’t ever call me again"

You lefty/never-Trumpers are a fucking trip. You hate him so much that "fuck the country" it's the anarchist idea of "if we can't have it, no one can!!!!"

Ridiculously immature...
It's your kind that's fuking up the country. How many examples do you want?

5176-1507949380-faa203276c87d7ca46cd944f4db612e1.jpg

Wow, look at all those white people.
They must be fundie "Christians." Not that I do not think that these signs aren't photoshopped, but these cults do train their girls to have sex at the will of "master men," so I wouldn't be surprised if they all would come running if the orange whore snapped his fingers. They are indoctrinated that way. It's pathetic.

You lefty/never-Trumpers are a fucking trip. You hate him so much that "fuck the country" it's the anarchist idea of "if we can't have it, no one can!!!!"

Ridiculously immature...
It's your kind that's fuking up the country. How many examples do you want?

5176-1507949380-faa203276c87d7ca46cd944f4db612e1.jpg

Wow, look at all those white people.
They must be fundie "Christians." Not that I do not think that these signs aren't photoshopped, but these cults do train their girls to have sex at the will of "master men," so I wouldn't be surprised if they all would come running if the orange whore snapped his fingers. They are indoctrinated that way. It's pathetic.
The signs are photoshopped. Took me all of ten minutes.

Trump is very much like Jim Jones and David Koresh. Both had very sticky endings.

The guy on the right.

Methinks you are obsessed with the Clintons who are no longer a political threat. You are wasting energy on hatred carried over from the past. When you want to join us in discussing current events...we will be here.

Hard hitting logic is often subject to ridicule by the person targeted by that logic. But no one is laughing with them. Laughing alone to shield what's left of your wounded pride is so sad...so sad.

keep dodging there you lefty cuck.

Which would be illegal.

Could be. They probably paid off Republican politicians.

Republicans don't even lie about it anymore. They understand everyone knows who they are.

Graham: 'Financial contributions will stop' if GOP doesn't pass tax reform

House Republican: my donors told me to pass the tax bill "or don’t ever call me again"

Not even related, just typical dean-derp.

Which would be illegal.

How else is it done? Or can it be done?

We KNOW it was done, not necessarily Trump, but by the children of the wealthy....

Are you certain it wasn't excused by a personal doctor's recommendation?

also, Planter's fasciitus is hard to disprove..... my husband has it....

Last edited:

Which would be illegal.

How else is it done? Or can it be done?

We KNOW it was done, not necessarily Trump, but by the children of the wealthy....

Are you certain it wans't excused by a personal doctor's recomendation?

also, Planter's faciitus is hard to disprove..... my husband has it....

The wealthy used the college way out.

Your own doctor could give a diagnosis but the draft board doctors could always ask to check a person themselves.

How much resistance to the draft was current probably played a role in if they decided to review outside doctor diagnoses or not.

You are so wrong about the human psyche, JQ.

How many soldiers do you think signed up specifically to kill Nazi's? To kill "rag heads" (as they put it)?

Would you put your personal beliefs as the beliefs of others and argue that you believe there is no God, therefore there are actually no religious people. How then do you argue that you know the minds of soldiers joining the military during times of war, or peace for that matter?

I speak from experience. I am retired military...a Vietnam era vet.

My entire family is military back to the 30s. So? That doesn't give your opinion and beliefs about if/why people would join during war time any more weight son.

Nearly half of the solider's who I call friends joined up to fight in the ME - the other half joined for the life-long benefits.
Have YOU served? I am talking to YOU not your family, Son! If your family had easy cushy jobs during the war like Reagan and Elvis I am am sure they loved it and had no complaints. But if they were out in the field facing the enemy hand to hand, weapon to weapon, eye to eye, they might have a different perspective. But I'll give em the benefit of the doubt and say some actually saw combat. If so, I'll wager , that to the man, none of them would want their children to join up and go fight for the sake of keeping the interests of rich people overseas intact. And that truism is even more unpalatable considering the madman in the White House.

Again, /your/ personal opinion on if /you/ would join the military during times of war, nor mine, have little to do with why /other/ people join.

For the record though, I tried to serve but the military back then wasn't too keen to bring in women, especially ones who would never be nurses. I wanted to be a sniper, that shit wasn't flying with the brass. That said my family is hugely military; my paternal great-grandparents fled the Nazi's, grandpa then turned around and went back to free his friends who were unable to leave Germany. My maternal grandparents, simple farmers, were ousted from Norway by Hitler's army - as the story goes the soldiers essentially confiscated their farmland so my grandparents had no reason to stay there (and at the time America was as ambivalent to Hitler's take over as their home country was, and there was no reason to believe that their land would be returned to them.) However, I think the most relevant to my point from my family would be my step-grandfather; he'd gotten draft deferments because of his families farmlands (someone had to grow the food to feed the troops ya know) but when his friends who went started dying, when his best friend was shot down over France, he signed up - against his parents wishes. He fought in Japan and was actually a bit miffed that he didn't get to fight the Nazi's who'd killed his friends, though he was happy to kill the "dastardly bastards" (as he would say, speaking of the Japanese who'd attacked Pearl Harbor, of course.)

I'm talking about the kids I've gamed with for the past couple decades, their parents; so many joined up to "kill some ragheads," I've even spoken about one of them who was upset as hell that he got stuck in S. Korea instead of being sent to the ME where he could "make a difference." These are people who joined specifically to fight, specifically /because/ there was a war. Your idea that no one joins when there is a war is bullshit.

The idea that every single war is about rich peoples interests is bullshit, much less the idea that rich people don't fight. My paternal grandparents were rich, that's actually a big part of why they fled because Hitler started confiscating shit to fund his war(s). My step-grandparents were also rich off oil money. My father served, he installed all the electrical wiring in Valdez - despite his wealth. My step father served some 40 years, Army for ten years then National Guard for the rest of his career ... career(s) perhaps, he "retired" from military service twice; once to become a military advisory to the Governor, then he rejoined or whatever to command the youth academy, then retired again. Even now, despite all their wealth, he's a volunteer police officer who's been named volunteer officer of the year twice (he even helped a bit with the Vegas shooter case in Mesquite.) By all rights he could retire and enjoy his trips and such, but no, he continues to serve his community just as he always has his entire life; because some people are just like that. "Live to serve" is not just a stupid slogan for some people son.

See also:
Enlisted2.jpg
Young men and women from the wealthiest families know they can enlist for one tour and get a lifetime of "I served in the military' line on their CVs.
Stats suggest that the poorest in the military are the ones who are serving in forward positions. Just like in VN. For one thing they tend to be in better physical shape. Second they tend to follow orders better than 'wealthy' troops.

I like your story. But it is far too long for a messageboard setting. Still, I found it interesting to read. Thanks. But the chart is suspect; not on your part but because of where it originated. The ultra right wing think tank (oxymoron) known as the Heritage Foundation has been known to fudge data, sprinkle it with untruths and feed it to the masses. Heritage is also known to be a vapid kool- aid server. I suspect that chart doesn't tell the whole story. I'll be looking deeper into the data.

Four deferments among them one for "bone spurs." Yet his physical activities, including chasing women, were documented on film or tapes. Those activities weren't consistent with Trump's purported disabilities.

How did Bill Clinton avoid the draft?
I don't know and i don't care. Trump is president now......lets focus on him. The millenials might not remember Clinton but they sure know Trump.

If you would stop deflecting I wouldn't have to keep you on topic!

The topic is people all of a sudden caring about things because someone they don't like is in office.

It's the topic of every "Trump sucks, fuh fuh fuh" thread, or threads that devolve into that.
I see Trump as a threat to foreign and domestic tranquility more than any president in the last 50 years. Would you have us ignore the underpinnings of madness that hangs like an ominous cloud over him? Even the republicans are watching with raised eyebrows as Trump stumbles awkwardly through his presidency...burning bridges and breaking china along the way.

The guy on the right.

I'm dodging your deflections. Thats good for everyone who likes continuity.

Which would be illegal.

Possibly.

How did Bill Clinton avoid the draft?

The topic is people all of a sudden caring about things because someone they don't like is in office.

It's the topic of every "Trump sucks, fuh fuh fuh" thread, or threads that devolve into that.
I see Trump as a threat to foreign and domestic tranquility more than any president in the last 50 years. Would you have us ignore the underpinnings of madness that hangs like an ominous cloud over him? Even the republicans are watching with raised eyebrows as Trump stumbles awkwardly through his presidency...burning bridges and breaking china along the way.

What you see and reality are obviously two different things. The greatest threat is the attempt by progressives and government types to throw out the legitimate results of a an election by any means nessasary.

The 2nd greatest threat is progressives desire to collate all power at the federal level and in particular in the executive bureaucracy.

I'm dodging your deflections. Thats good for everyone who likes continuity.

No, you just don't like getting pointed out as a partisan twat.

What you see and reality are obviously two different things. The greatest threat is the attempt by progressives and government types to throw out the legitimate results of a an election by any means nessasary.

The 2nd greatest threat is progressives desire to collate all power at the federal level and in particular in the executive bureaucracy.
Will you be saying that after November?

Forum List

Back