Trump has ordered the largest single-year increase in army recruitment targets

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
The Army has been told to enlist 80,000 new troops this year...that's gonna be tough to do!

Nah...the Army has done it before. Of course most of the guys had neck tattoos and extensive waivers...but...Army Strong.

Category Four recruits

http://www.businessinsider.com/army-changing-recruiting-standards-to-attract-more-soldiers-2017-10

WASHINGTON – People with a history of “self-mutilation,” bipolar disorder, depression and drug and alcohol abuse can now seek waivers to join the Army under an unannounced policy enacted in August, according to documents obtained by USA TODAY.

The decision to open Army recruiting to those with mental health conditions comes as the service faces the challenging goal of recruiting 80,000 new soldiers through September 2018. To meet last year's goal of 69,000, the Army accepted more recruits who fared poorly on aptitude tests, increased the number of waivers granted for marijuana use and offered hundreds of millions of dollars in bonuses.

Army lifts ban on waivers for recruits with history of some mental health issues

The Army has been told to enlist 80,000 new troops this year...that's gonna be tough to do!
Yep. We'll start seeing JOIN THE ARMY ads directed at MOTHERS again. Stay tuned!

REMEMBER, YESTERDAY WAS THE 15TH ANNIVERSARY OF BUSH/CHENEY'S INVASION OF IRAQ.

The military is one of the best ways that a government can effectively move people stuck at the financial bottom upward. I'm not sure why the left would complain about this.

The military is one of the best ways that a government can effectively move people stuck at the financial bottom upward. I'm not sure why the left would complain about this.
I do. No one wants their kids to go fight while rich kids go to college to learn how to fuck them over when they get out and need benefits.

I do. No one wants their kids to go fight while rich kids go to college to learn how to fuck them over when they get out and need benefits.

Yep, people like you want to keep the poor poor, it helps you at the ballot box.

Yep, people like you want to keep the poor poor, it helps you at the ballot box.
And people like you love to send young poor soldiers off to fight your wars risking life and limb. Then, IF they come home at all, those with lifelong injuries are often mistreated or under treated in VA hospitals; or, those with PTSD or other mental afflictions become homeless pariahs walking the streets wearing their Field jackets. I suspect most are able to weather the storm and live sane lives, but too many fall through the very wide cracks. Many would be recruits are beginning to see that .

The aforementioned argument is soaked with so much fiscal envy that it hardly merits a response.

I feel sorry for ya JQ, you spend your time worried about and blaming the rich, yet you have apparently failed to pick up on /why/ they're rich and use that knowledge to your advantage so that you too could make a difference in the world. Bummer, guess you'll have to stick to worthlessly bitching about the rich on the forums.

And people like you love to send young poor soldiers off to fight your wars risking life and limb. Then, IF they come home at all, those with lifelong injuries are often mistreated or under treated in VA hospitals; or, those with PTSD or other mental afflictions become homeless pariahs walking the streets wearing their Field jackets. I suspect most are able to weather the storm and live sane lives, but too many fall through the very wide cracks. Many would be recruits are beginning to see that .

Just like I ask firefighters to fight fires, I ask soldiers to fight wars. It's part of the society compact we have.

And the VA is one of those government programs that should be privatized with just government oversight, but of course one party would try to stop that....

There are risks in everything, and major risks in going into the military, but like other jobs that promise a chance at a better life, you sometimes have to take those risks.

Just like I ask firefighters to fight fires, I ask soldiers to fight wars. It's part of the society compact we have.

And the VA is one of those government programs that should be privatized with just government oversight, but of course one party would try to stop that....

There are risks in everything, and major risks in going into the military, but like other jobs that promise a chance at a better life, you sometimes have to take those risks.
You don't have to ask firefighters to fight fires, thats what they love to do. If they don't, they can resign and move on. . Enlisted Soldiers , OTOH, cannot resign. Imagine being assigned to a combat unit wth a megalomaniacal general who wants to get that next star even if YOU have to die for him to get it. But generals merely the pyramid of people ordering you around. And in a combat situation, you have very few options but to obey orders or face courts-martial.
What 19 or 20 something in their right mind, in the information age, is going to sign up knowing war is imminent. I concur with them. I think that kind of thinking will cause conscription to be reinstated. GOOD... Let all of us pay the price for freedom... not just the poor and disadvantaged..

You don't have to ask firefighters to fight fires, thats what they love to do. If they don't, they can resign and move on. . Enlisted Soldiers , OTOH, cannot resign. Imagine being assigned to a combat unit wth a megalomaniacal general who wants to get that next star even if YOU have to die for him to get it. But generals merely the pyramid of people ordering you around. And in a combat situation, you have very few options but to obey orders or face courts-martial.
What 19 or 20 something in their right mind, in the information age, is going to sign up knowing war is imminent. I concur with them. I think that kind of thinking will cause conscription to be reinstated. GOOD... Let all of us pay the price for freedom... not just the poor and disadvantaged..

Considering we have a volunteer military, and the concept of enlistment and commitment of time have been around for a long time, though doth protest too much, and too weakly.

Plenty of people will sign up if given the proper incentives.

And the Military is still one of the best ways to claw your way out of poverty.

You are so wrong about the human psyche, JQ.

How many soldiers do you think signed up specifically to kill Nazi's? To kill "rag heads" (as they put it)?

Would you put your personal beliefs as the beliefs of others and argue that you believe there is no God, therefore there are actually no religious people. How then do you argue that you know the minds of soldiers joining the military during times of war, or peace for that matter?

Considering we have a volunteer military, and the concept of enlistment and commitment of time have been around for a long time, though doth protest too much, and too weakly.

Evidently my "weak" premise is based on strong evidence. Looks like the millennials are't taking the bait according to this very op. The technical savvy necessary to operate today's complex military equipment is severely lacking in the general American populace. And, the infantry is becoming obsolete. But even if the enticement of education and other benefits are enough of an incentive for poor guys to sign up. Fewer are willing to join up and serve under a draft dodging president. The poor have SOME semblance of self respect too,

How many soldiers do you think signed up specifically to kill Nazi's? To kill "rag heads" (as they put it)?

Would you put your personal beliefs as the beliefs of others and argue that you believe there is no God, therefore there are actually no religious people. How then do you argue that you know the minds of soldiers joining the military during times of war, or peace for that matter?

I speak from experience. I am retired military...a Vietnam era vet.

Evidently my "weak" premise is based on strong evidence. Looks like the millennials are't taking the bait according to this very op. The technical savvy necessary to operate today's complex military equipment is severely lacking in the general American populace. And, the infantry is becoming obsolete. But even if the enticement of education and other benefits are enough of an incentive for poor guys to sign up. Fewer are willing to join up and serve under a draft dodging president. The poor have SOME semblance of self respect too,

They also aren't getting into jobs that involve physical labor, so there is that regardless of the lure of a military career.

Infantry will always be needed, because a missile cannot hold ground.

And how did Trump "dodge" the draft?

My entire family is military back to the 30s. So? That doesn't give your opinion and beliefs about if/why people would join during war time any more weight son.

Nearly half of the solider's who I call friends joined up to fight in the ME - the other half joined for the life-long benefits.

They also aren't getting into jobs that involve physical labor, so there is that regardless of the lure of a military career.

Four deferments among them one for "bone spurs." Yet his physical activities, including chasing women, were documented on film or tapes. Those activities weren't consistent with Trump's purported disabilities.

My entire family is military back to the 30s. So? That doesn't give your opinion and beliefs about if/why people would join during war time any more weight son.

Nearly half of the solider's who I call friends joined up to fight in the ME - the other half joined for the life-long benefits.
Have YOU served? I am talking to YOU not your family, Son! If your family had easy cushy jobs during the war like Reagan and Elvis I am am sure they loved it and had no complaints. But if they were out in the field facing the enemy hand to hand, weapon to weapon, eye to eye, they might have a different perspective. But I'll give em the benefit of the doubt and say some actually saw combat. If so, I'll wager , that to the man, none of them would want their children to join up and go fight for the sake of keeping the interests of rich people overseas intact. And that truism is even more unpalatable considering the madman in the White House.

Four deferments among them one for "bone spurs." Yet his physical activities, including chasing women, were documented on film or tapes. Those activities weren't consistent with Trump's purported disabilities.

How did Bill Clinton avoid the draft?

Forum List

Back