Trump finally comes out and says the US will pay for 100% of the Mexican Wall.

He said he will bankrupt the USA

You know, one of the reasons OBL and the Taliban picked the WTC as a target on 9/11 was so that they could damage the USA economically.

Guess Trump is gonna finish off what OBL started.

Clinton's plan reduces the debt by almost $2 Trillion!!!

Trump's plan increases the debt by almost $8 Trillion!!!

Trump will TAX US with massive INFLATION!!!

You know, one of the reasons OBL and the Taliban picked the WTC as a target on 9/11 was so that they could damage the USA economically.

You think Hillary's going to reduce the debt? Don't take telemarketing calls. I'm serious about that, don't

But see...............it's not that Trump is going to tax us into bankruptcy, it's because Trump has promised to CUT taxes, as well as build a wall (that costs money), fix all of the infrastructure (also costs money), and rebuild the military (which costs a MASSIVE amount of money).

If Trump cuts taxes, he won't have any money to do what he wants to.

But see...............it's not that Trump is going to tax us into bankruptcy, it's because Trump has promised to CUT taxes, as well as build a wall (that costs money), fix all of the infrastructure (also costs money), and rebuild the military (which costs a MASSIVE amount of money).

Bull. Tax cuts grow revenue over time, they don't shrink it. And they also grow the economy

Trump and Hil-Liar can say anything they desire and tell us all of their wonderful plans. But nothing is going to happen until they get congressional approval which won't be easy for many of these things.

The Republican Congress has been reducing the deficit since they took over and they want to continue on that path. The only extra spending they will approve of is if something is cut in it's place.

Never said that a wall helps them to hide. I said in previous posts that after they scale the wall, it's easy for them to hide in the bushes from BP agents if it's at night. I also stated that it is damn near impossible to hide from a drone.

So how many drones do you think it will take to do the job? How many miles of unprotected border do we have? How much will it cost to fuel, operate and maintain these drones? How many agents do we need to monitor what the drones see?

Infrared? Yes, they work great until the scoundrels figure out they need to cover themselves in an insulated blanket or perhaps a sleeping bag with holes cut at the bottom to stick their feet out. Or maybe wait until unfavorable weather conditions arise where the drones can't see them.

Well, considering that one drone can effectively patrol an area of 200 miles around it, probably 15 would do the trick.

How much unprotected border do we have? About 2,000 miles.

How much to fuel to run the drones? Dunno, might wanna check with the DOD for those stats (if they're not classified).

How many agents do we need to go after those spotted by the drones? Dunno, but I do know that the current BP agents on the border would be able to be used for much of it.

As far as hiding in a sleeping bag with your feet sticking out? Ifrared would STILL pick them up, even if it's just their feet. Hiding in a hole under an insulated blanket? Might work, at least until the blanket gets heated up and is spotted.

As far as flying in unfavorable weather conditions? Drones can fly in some pretty crappy weather, and if its bad enough to stop a drone, chances are extremely good the border hoppers won't be crossing either.

If you're talking about only 15 drones, then it certainly won't be enough to stop border crossers. The only ones it will stop are those in the area of one of these drones. The only way it would pickup heat from ankles or feet is if they are not covered and the drone is zoomed in on that particular area. Remember animals give off heat too and the people on the other end of the drone can't zoom in on each and every tiny red dot.

Never said that a wall helps them to hide. I said in previous posts that after they scale the wall, it's easy for them to hide in the bushes from BP agents if it's at night. I also stated that it is damn near impossible to hide from a drone.

So how many drones do you think it will take to do the job? How many miles of unprotected border do we have? How much will it cost to fuel, operate and maintain these drones? How many agents do we need to monitor what the drones see?

Infrared? Yes, they work great until the scoundrels figure out they need to cover themselves in an insulated blanket or perhaps a sleeping bag with holes cut at the bottom to stick their feet out. Or maybe wait until unfavorable weather conditions arise where the drones can't see them.

Well, considering that one drone can effectively patrol an area of 200 miles around it, probably 15 would do the trick.

How much unprotected border do we have? About 2,000 miles.

How much to fuel to run the drones? Dunno, might wanna check with the DOD for those stats (if they're not classified).

How many agents do we need to go after those spotted by the drones? Dunno, but I do know that the current BP agents on the border would be able to be used for much of it.

As far as hiding in a sleeping bag with your feet sticking out? Ifrared would STILL pick them up, even if it's just their feet. Hiding in a hole under an insulated blanket? Might work, at least until the blanket gets heated up and is spotted.

As far as flying in unfavorable weather conditions? Drones can fly in some pretty crappy weather, and if its bad enough to stop a drone, chances are extremely good the border hoppers won't be crossing either.

If you're talking about only 15 drones, then it certainly won't be enough to stop border crossers. The only ones it will stop are those in the area of one of these drones. The only way it would pickup heat from ankles or feet is if they are not covered and the drone is zoomed in on that particular area. Remember animals give off heat too and the people on the other end of the drone can't zoom in on each and every tiny red dot.

The drones aren't what stops the border crossers, the BP agents are. And, since the drones are effective to around 200 miles around them, that means that it would only require 10 drones to cover 2000 miles (the length of the border). I threw in an extra five just for good measure and better overlap.

And, when the camera zooms in on those "red dots" as you call them, the heat signature eventually shows up as the shape of the animal in question. Kinda like when you look at something that is far away and it looks like just a dot, but when you get up close, you can differentiate what it actually is. Besides, the movement characteristics of animals is much different than humans running, walking or just sitting still.

The drones aren't what stops the border crossers, the BP agents are. And, since the drones are effective to around 200 miles around them, that means that it would only require 10 drones to cover 2000 miles (the length of the border). I threw in an extra five just for good measure and better overlap.

And, when the camera zooms in on those "red dots" as you call them, the heat signature eventually shows up as the shape of the animal in question. Kinda like when you look at something that is far away and it looks like just a dot, but when you get up close, you can differentiate what it actually is. Besides, the movement characteristics of animals is much different than humans running, walking or just sitting still.

A drone is not going to see everything within a 200 mile range. Were you ever on an airplane before? Do you think you could see 200 miles from that airplane?

And yes, that's what I was saying about those tiny dots. You would have to zoom in on each and every one. Not only zoom in on it, but then watch each and every one for some time until you could determine what it is. Infrared is great, but it only gives you a blurry image of what you're looking at.

Bull. Tax cuts grow revenue over time, they don't shrink it. And they also grow the economy

You LIE! It grows deficit, debt, inflation, bubbles, wealth gap, ultimately losing spending power & jobs. It will destroy the value of retirees SS check so Baby Boomers & those that follow can starve & freeze to death.

You LIE! It grows deficit, debt, inflation, bubbles, wealth gap, ultimately losing spending power & jobs. It will destroy the value of retirees SS check so Baby Boomers & those that follow can starve & freeze to death.

Don't forget hurricanes, bad parties and acne ...

You're just making it up as you go

A drone is not going to see everything within a 200 mile range. Were you ever on an airplane before? Do you think you could see 200 miles from that airplane?

And yes, that's what I was saying about those tiny dots. You would have to zoom in on each and every one. Not only zoom in on it, but then watch each and every one for some time until you could determine what it is. Infrared is great, but it only gives you a blurry image of what you're looking at.

Have I ever been on an airplane before? Many times. Had to fly quite a bit while I was in the Navy. Can I personally see 200 miles from that airplane? No, I cannot, but then again, that's because I'm separated from the outside by 2 panes of glass, and then there's the fact that with my glasses, my vision is 20/20, not even in the same ballpark as those cameras that are mounted on drones. And yes, they CAN patrol areas of 200 miles around, but then again, that's because they have a whole array of optical and electronic gear. My eyes don't.

BTW.................have YOU ever been around a drone? Have YOU ever checked out some of their specs and capabilities? I have.

I keep telling you guys, to keep Mexicans on their side of the border, start severely enforcing and prosecuting employers who are giving illegals jobs. End sanctuary cities at the same time. That's all it takes, and it's also FAIR to pick on the employers, not the workers who haven't got two dimes to rub together and no legal voice in affairs.

Besides..............there are already 20,000 BP officers on the rolls for 2016. Are you telling me that out of 20,000 agents, they can't come up with 1,200?

That's 6%. How many of those 20,000 are field agents?

And if you can re-assign 6% of your workforce without impacting your existing mission, you are severely overstaffed. It would be better to trim BP than to re-assign.

Besides..............there are already 20,000 BP officers on the rolls for 2016. Are you telling me that out of 20,000 agents, they can't come up with 1,200?

That's 6%. How many of those 20,000 are field agents?

And if you can re-assign 6% of your workforce without impacting your existing mission, you are severely overstaffed. It would be better to trim BP than to re-assign.

So, instead of making the border secure, you'd rather lay off BP agents and open our borders?

I keep telling you guys, to keep Mexicans on their side of the border, start severely enforcing and prosecuting employers who are giving illegals jobs. End sanctuary cities at the same time. That's all it takes, and it's also FAIR to pick on the employers, not the workers who haven't got two dimes to rub together and no legal voice in affairs.

The problem is that there is no accurate way for an employer to check immigration status. Secondly, Harry Weed tabled the bill that would have defunded sanctuary cities. The bill was called Kate's Law that would have also made it a five year mandatory prison sentence for deported felons that came back to the country.

Until we get more Republicans in the Senate, it will be very difficult to pass Kate's Law so sanctuary cities are here to stay as long as Democrats have something to say about it.

Have I ever been on an airplane before? Many times. Had to fly quite a bit while I was in the Navy. Can I personally see 200 miles from that airplane? No, I cannot, but then again, that's because I'm separated from the outside by 2 panes of glass, and then there's the fact that with my glasses, my vision is 20/20, not even in the same ballpark as those cameras that are mounted on drones. And yes, they CAN patrol areas of 200 miles around, but then again, that's because they have a whole array of optical and electronic gear. My eyes don't.

BTW.................have YOU ever been around a drone? Have YOU ever checked out some of their specs and capabilities? I have.

No I haven't, but I too have flown many times and I know there is no way but to see a couple of miles from the view of a plane. Yes, it could patrol an area going back and forth 200 miles, but like I said, it's just a crap shoot for one of them to locate a Mexican jumping the border.

No I haven't, but I too have flown many times and I know there is no way but to see a couple of miles from the view of a plane. Yes, it could patrol an area going back and forth 200 miles, but like I said, it's just a crap shoot for one of them to locate a Mexican jumping the border.

Several things here...............drones are NOT commercial aircraft, and have much different cruising altitudes. Like I said..............YOU might only be able to see a mile or two (but at 30,000 ft, it's more like 100), but drones can see a lot better than you. The surveillance ones are equipped with cameras that can provide good resolution down to 1 ft. square from cruising altitude.

BTW.................did you know that if you stand on top of a mountain in the southern part of the Bitterroot Valley in Montana, on clear days you can see all the way to Missoulla? It's a distance of about 40 to 45 miles. I call bullshit on your two mile sighting.

Forum List

Back