Trump finally comes out and says the US will pay for 100% of the Mexican Wall.

"Trump Basically Admits That The United States, Not Mexico, Would Pay For His Wall"

Fortunately, there will be no ‘president’ Trump and no ‘wall.’

Trump’s ‘wall’ is an embarrassing metaphor for the fear, ignorance, and bigotry common to far too many on the right.

"Trump Basically Admits That The United States, Not Mexico, Would Pay For His Wall"

Fortunately, there will be no ‘president’ Trump and no ‘wall.’

Trump’s ‘wall’ is an embarrassing metaphor for the fear, ignorance, and bigotry common to far too many on the right.

Exactly. Those 11 million illegals here taking our jobs and keeping our wages down are all a figment of our imagination.

Did you know that there are American citizens who are living on the Mexico side of the wall, but yet their house is on American soil?

Saw a segment about it on the news tonight.

Know why some Americans are in a no mans land between the border wall and Mexico, yet still on American soil? Its because the Rio Grande is the border, and it's really twisty and hard to build a wall along.

What is Trump's proposal for those citizens who already live behind the wall on American soil?

I don't know. What does the government do when the highway they are building happens to be right inline with your house?

Did you know that there are American citizens who are living on the Mexico side of the wall, but yet their house is on American soil?

Know why some Americans are in a no mans land between the border wall and Mexico, yet still on American soil? Its because the Rio Grande is the border, and it's really twisty and hard to build a wall along.

What is Trump's proposal for those citizens who already live behind the wall on American soil?

What do you have in mind, Sailor Moon?

A much simpler and cheaper option. Use the recon drones that we already have a whole bunch of, as well as many qualified people who can operate them (draw from the military if you have to), and use them for a virtual wall.

You can defeat a physical wall by climbing over it (on the news article, they said that every time they made the wall taller, they simply brought taller ladders) and hiding under the trees from the BP, or you can build a tunnel underneath it and nobody will see you travel.

However..................if there is no fence, there is no reason to dig a tunnel, and although people might be able to hide in the dark from the BP agents, there is no way in hell they can hide from infrared cameras.

When the drone detects people crossing the border, use the drone to keep eyes on them and direct the BP agents to the border hoppers.

A much simpler and cheaper option. Use the recon drones that we already have a whole bunch of, as well as many qualified people who can operate them (draw from the military if you have to), and use them for a virtual wall.

You can defeat a physical wall by climbing over it (on the news article, they said that every time they made the wall taller, they simply brought taller ladders) and hiding under the trees from the BP, or you can build a tunnel underneath it and nobody will see you travel.

However..................if there is no fence, there is no reason to dig a tunnel, and although people might be able to hide in the dark from the BP agents, there is no way in hell they can hide from infrared cameras.

When the drone detects people crossing the border, use the drone to keep eyes on them and direct the BP agents to the border hoppers.

You people are intellectual eight year olds. It's not just going to be a cinder block wall, simpleton. You can't just "climb over it." There is something seriously wrong with you people. Duh, dar, just climb over it!

You people are intellectual eight year olds. It's not just going to be a cinder block wall, simpleton. You can't just "climb over it." There is something seriously wrong with you people. Duh, dar, just climb over it!

It came from a news story I saw about the border between Mexico and Texas. In places where they DO have a wall, the agents were saying that every time they made it taller, the border crossers simply brought longer ladders.

So...............since you think there is some way that we can stop them from climbing it, why don't you share this feat of border crossing engineering that will prevent climbing?

Or...........are you gonna be like Trump and say it's a secret and you don't want to tip your hand?

It came from a news story I saw about the border between Mexico and Texas. In places where they DO have a wall, the agents were saying that every time they made it taller, the border crossers simply brought longer ladders

:link:

Not a problem.....................

Texas border residents bristle at Donald Trump's talk of new wall

Even have one from that conservative bastion of journalism.

Report: Illegal Immigrants Using Strategically Place Ladders to Cross Border - Breitbart

It came from a news story I saw about the border between Mexico and Texas. In places where they DO have a wall, the agents were saying that every time they made it taller, the border crossers simply brought longer ladders

Report: Illegal Immigrants Using Strategically Place Ladders to Cross Border - Breitbart

Well, that's a pretty dumb way to do it. That one wall was built that way doesn't prove all walls would be built that way

Well, that's a pretty dumb way to do it. That one wall was built that way doesn't prove all walls would be built that way

That is why a virtual wall with drones patrolling the skies above the border and guiding agents to wherever the border crossers are at makes sense.

Don't have to worry about ladders or tunnels, and it makes it a lot easier to round them up, because they can't hide.

That is why a virtual wall with drones patrolling the skies above the border and guiding agents to wherever the border crossers are at makes sense.

Don't have to worry about ladders or tunnels, and it makes it a lot easier to round them up, because they can't hide.

A wall helps them hide? WTF? You get stranger and stranger. You just don't want a wall because it would work. Go look at a 40 foot wall and tell me it won't stop anyone. You know it's not just putting a ladder on one side to get over it

A wall helps them hide? WTF? You get stranger and stranger. You just don't want a wall because it would work. Go look at a 40 foot wall and tell me it won't stop anyone. You know it's not just putting a ladder on one side to get over it

Never said that a wall helps them to hide. I said in previous posts that after they scale the wall, it's easy for them to hide in the bushes from BP agents if it's at night. I also stated that it is damn near impossible to hide from a drone.

Never said that a wall helps them to hide. I said in previous posts that after they scale the wall, it's easy for them to hide in the bushes from BP agents if it's at night. I also stated that it is damn near impossible to hide from a drone.

So how many drones do you think it will take to do the job? How many miles of unprotected border do we have? How much will it cost to fuel, operate and maintain these drones? How many agents do we need to monitor what the drones see?

Infrared? Yes, they work great until the scoundrels figure out they need to cover themselves in an insulated blanket or perhaps a sleeping bag with holes cut at the bottom to stick their feet out. Or maybe wait until unfavorable weather conditions arise where the drones can't see them.

So how many drones do you think it will take to do the job? How many miles of unprotected border do we have? How much will it cost to fuel, operate and maintain these drones? How many agents do we need to monitor what the drones see?

Infrared? Yes, they work great until the scoundrels figure out they need to cover themselves in an insulated blanket or perhaps a sleeping bag with holes cut at the bottom to stick their feet out. Or maybe wait until unfavorable weather conditions arise where the drones can't see them.

Well, considering that one drone can effectively patrol an area of 200 miles around it, probably 15 would do the trick.

How much unprotected border do we have? About 2,000 miles.

How much to fuel to run the drones? Dunno, might wanna check with the DOD for those stats (if they're not classified).

How many agents do we need to go after those spotted by the drones? Dunno, but I do know that the current BP agents on the border would be able to be used for much of it.

As far as hiding in a sleeping bag with your feet sticking out? Ifrared would STILL pick them up, even if it's just their feet. Hiding in a hole under an insulated blanket? Might work, at least until the blanket gets heated up and is spotted.

As far as flying in unfavorable weather conditions? Drones can fly in some pretty crappy weather, and if its bad enough to stop a drone, chances are extremely good the border hoppers won't be crossing either.

You made it sound like somehow with a wall they can't use drones. My whole point is they can't just use a wall, that has to be part of the solution, not the whole thing.

I've never gotten the liberal thing where we get to pick one and only one thing and it has to solve every problem. Not that you ever meet your standard yourself. Or apply it to yourself. My whole argument is you can't just build a wall and go home

You made it sound like somehow with a wall they can't use drones. My whole point is they can't just use a wall, that has to be part of the solution, not the whole thing.

I've never gotten the liberal thing where we get to pick one and only one thing and it has to solve every problem. Not that you ever meet your standard yourself. My whole argument is you can't just build a wall and go home

Well, you COULD build a wall, but considering the effectiveness of the drones in detecting and finding border crossers, building a wall would just be coals to Newcastle. Not only would the wall be expensive to build, but it would also be expensive to maintain and patrol.

Drones could do the job more effectively and cheaper. I thought you conservatives were all about working smarter not harder and saving money.

I've never gotten the liberal thing where we get to pick one and only one thing and it has to solve every problem. Not that you ever meet your standard yourself. My whole argument is you can't just build a wall and go home

Well, you COULD build a wall, but considering the effectiveness of the drones in detecting and finding border crossers, building a wall would just be coals to Newcastle. Not only would the wall be expensive to build, but it would also be expensive to maintain and patrol.

Drones could do the job more effectively and cheaper. I thought you conservatives were all about working smarter not harder and saving money.

Or you could do both ... So we can't build a stationary wall, but we can have drones and enough agents to chase everyone who crosses down. That defies logic and sense. With the wall, we need a lot fewer agents to chase the ones who do get across. And what a stupid system, get them back in Mexico just to run across the border again until they make it.

You want them to fail, that's why you advocate that

Forum List

Back