Trump finally comes out and says the US will pay for 100% of the Mexican Wall.

R

rdean

Trump Basically Admits That The United States, Not Mexico, Would Pay For His Wall

The plan is that after we insult Mexico by building the wall, after it's finished, we ask them for reimbursement.

58293280-Mime-with-hat-in-hand-begging-closeup-Stock-Photo.jpg

So, if we have to pay for the wall, and Trump is going to cut taxes for the rich, how in the hell is this "good businessman" going to get us out of debt?

So far, all he's given us is his bait and switch methods. He got everyone excited about the wall and how Mexico is going to pay for it, and now he says that we're gonna pay for the wall but get Mexico to reimburse us.

Yeah.................right.............like THAT'S gonna happen.............

My recommendation is to use the Foreign Aid Budget to build the wall. That is the least popular part of the Budget. Also, imposing a "transaction tax" on stocks, bonds, options, etc. would generate big bucks that could be used to balance the Budget. The only ones hurt are the high frequency traders. Most of us with 401Ks will get a big boost w/o those creeps stealing our cash by compterized market manipulation.

That's good enough for me. Whay don't hypocrite democrats think it's O.K.?
I would rather spend the money on the millions of unskilled Americans to take one of the millions of high paying jobs currently available.

America has 5.8 million job openings, matches all-time high

You know, our parents lied to us.............getting a college education was supposed to be a pathway towards getting a high paid, well respected job. But, it seems that most degrees nowadays are pretty much worthless.

Now? It seems that if you go to a trade school for a technical skill such as HVAC, mechanics or learning how to be a machinist, you can earn more than any college degree if you have the right skill.

That's good enough for me. Whay don't hypocrite democrats think it's O.K.?
I would rather spend the money on the millions of unskilled Americans to take one of the millions of high paying jobs currently available.

America has 5.8 million job openings, matches all-time high

You know, our parents lied to us.............getting a college education was supposed to be a pathway towards getting a high paid, well respected job. But, it seems that most degrees nowadays are pretty much worthless.

Now? It seems that if you go to a trade school for a technical skill such as HVAC, mechanics or learning how to be a machinist, you can earn more than any college degree if you have the right skill.
Maybe your parents lied to you. I get tired of ignorant people downing college. Sure, if you get a degree in home economics, then you are qualified to be a homemaker. But if you get a job in Robotics Engineering for instance, you will be able to get a job almost everywhere.

Robotics Engineer Salary

But I'm not downing the other education either. Plumbing, which is what my father was. Carpentry. Electrician and so on. An apprenticeship is a great start.

But I'm not downing the other education either. Plumbing, which is what my father was. Carpentry. Electrician and so on. An apprenticeship is a great start.

Yeah, but the trouble is that so many people have been told they have to go to college for so many years that those other jobs that require skilled workers were being left by the wayside.

Besides............there is ALWAYS going to be a need for plumbers, carpenters and electricians. Those with a degree in business or philosophy? Not so much.

Wouldn't be hard to get them to pay for the wall. You'd think trump would know how

OK Trump says the US is going to pay for the wall but a Trump corporation will build the wall, then everybody will be happy.

The engineering would be a nightmare.

One problem would he what to about the streams that flow into the the Rio Grande.

Curing the concrete properly would be impossible and that means pre built slabs would have to be trucked in.

The amount of rebar would be huge and it would cause a huge hike in the price of steel.

By the time the wall gets built the mexican economy might be thriving on its own and the wall will be worthless.

Like Hillary said in that CRUSHING line to Amnesty Don in the third debate...

"He choked!"

Yeah, but the trouble is that so many people have been told they have to go to college for so many years that those other jobs that require skilled workers were being left by the wayside.

Besides............there is ALWAYS going to be a need for plumbers, carpenters and electricians. Those with a degree in business or philosophy? Not so much.
I guess so. No one ever told me to go to college. I worked on an assembly line and one day, I received a notice from the Army that if I didn't use my student benefits, they would no longer be available. I really didn't know what to take. The most respected jobs in the company were engineering, so that's what I signed up for. At the time, the engineering department was still using slide rule, hand calculator, electric eraser and so on. They had bought two 386sx PC's with 17 inch monitors. When they found out I was talking these college courses with CAD, they moved me into engineering.
But until I moved into engineering, everyone told me to quit. I was deluding myself. That I would fail. It was ugly. Then when I moved into engineering, they were telling me that for some reason, the company gave me a gift and I was so undeserving.
But no one can compete with a computer. Rework went from close to 50% on new projects to 2 or 3 pieces. And that completely changed engineering. In one year, except for a couple of people in electrical, the entire department turned over and I became the CAD Manager.
20 years later, I was the senior design engineer, I paid off my 56 grand from loans for University courses, even with the GI Bill. I saved up enough to buy the two flat I live in, in cash and now at 63, I'm retired. Within a week after retirement, I had two job offers.
So no one can tell me education isn't valuable. I know better. And anyone who says it isn't valuable, in my experience, has been a Republican.

One problem would he what to about the streams that flow into the the Rio Grande.

Curing the concrete properly would be impossible and that means pre built slabs would have to be trucked in.

The amount of rebar would be huge and it would cause a huge hike in the price of steel.

By the time the wall gets built the mexican economy might be thriving on its own and the wall will be worthless.
Since more Mexicans are leaving than coming into the country, perhaps Mexico is already thriving.

Since more Mexicans are leaving than coming into the country, perhaps Mexico is already thriving.

The economy may be improving.

Mexico Is Getting Better, and Fewer Mexicans Want to Leave - The ...

Forum List

Back