Trump clarifies the "fine people on both sides" of the issue comment

Did Trump say that Neo-nazis and white supremacists are "fine people" as the MSM still promotes?

• No

Votes: 36 63.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 21 36.8%

• Total voters
full text;

Full text: Trump’s comments on white supremacists, ‘alt-left’ in Charlottesville

REPORTER:
The neo-Nazis started this thing. They showed up in Charlottesville.

TRUMP: Excuse me, they didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

:popcorn:
And? You must be thinking that the only people there on one side was the neo-nazis? Think again, Skippy.

no SPARKY, there were two sides- I never said there wasnt two sides.

Ok, appears you have difficulty with reading comprehension.

hows that ? the actual text, and video wasnt confusing or misleading in the least TO ME .....

whats your excuse ?
If you have a grasp of the English language, what he said wasn't misleading....even to you.
If you think he was talking about the nazis......then you don't have a grasp on the English language,
or you are willfully partisan. It's one or the other.

full text;

Full text: Trump’s comments on white supremacists, ‘alt-left’ in Charlottesville

REPORTER:

TRUMP: Excuse me, they didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

And? You must be thinking that the only people there on one side was the neo-nazis? Think again, Skippy.

There was your side and the neo nazis.....hmmmm? That was my point, which flew right over that noggin of yours.

I dont have a side.

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Of course you don't, and nice deflection, by the way. :laughing0301:

I didnt vote for Obama or Hillary - you tell me which side I'm on.

the topic is "fine people on both sides" not my political leanings ......... nice deflection.

full text;

REPORTER:

hows that ? the actual text, and video wasnt confusing or misleading in the least TO ME .....

whats your excuse ?

Really!? You need a picture? The post you were replying to stated you may have felt "the only people on one side were neo-Nazis". And for whatever reason, your reply was there were two sides....WTF.

full text;

REPORTER:

But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides.

Trump told his followers don’t believe what you see and hear. This is why I am calling the Trump/Republican party a cult.

full text;

REPORTER:

whats your excuse ?
If you have a grasp of the English language, what he said wasn't misleading....even to you.
If you think he was talking about the nazis......then you don't have a grasp on the English language,
or you are willfully partisan. It's one or the other.

how can quoting the the transcript and showing the video of the comment spewing out of Trumps mouth be partisan ?

there both of them are, make of them what you will .....

The white nationalists or whatever had all the permits necessary, there for sure were fine people among them. Possibly most of them even.

As for antifa who attacked a peaceful protest, I don't see why this is even legal or fine for that matter.
See this is the exact filth that is oozing out in this country and Trumps actions encourage people who think like Norm here. This is the problem with how Trump handled the situation.

The problem is the people pointing out the truth?

Of course it is, as always in leftist land.
You are pointing out your truth which is fine but it isn’t my truth. It’s rather disgusting in my opinion and against American values of equality, liberty and justice

The white nationalists or whatever had all the permits necessary, there for sure were fine people among them. Possibly most of them even.

As for antifa who attacked a peaceful protest, I don't see why this is even legal or fine for that matter.
See this is the exact filth that is oozing out in this country and Trumps actions encourage people who think like Norm here. This is the problem with how Trump handled the situation.
What he’s trying to-tell you asshole is that the people you hate are American citizens who followed the law and got the proper permitting to march, the side you love, the disrupters, the violent ones did not!

You are pointing out your truth which is fine but it isn’t my truth. It’s rather disgusting in my opinion and against American values of equality, liberty and justice

What a load of waffles we have there.

You would make a great politician, lots of words without saying anything. Do you agree or disagree that the right wingers had a permit or not?

1. The fake news MSM continually characterizes Trump's comment as "fine people" referring to both the "white supremacists and Neo-nazis" as well as the protesters.
2. Trump said "see the entire tape" and you will see that he actually said that the "fine people" was referring to was both debate sides over the removal of the Robert E. Lee statue. I saw the entire tape and Trump did say that he condemns Neo-nazis and white supremacists. He further clarified that Robert E. Lee was one of the greatest generals the US ever produced, and that his strategies are still studied and useful today.

3. Trump Didn't Call Neo-Nazis 'Fine People.' Here's Proof. | RealClearPolitics
What's clear is the fact that Trump is a bigot and racist.

What he’s trying to-tell you asshole is that the people you hate are American citizens who followed the law and got the proper permitting to march, the side you love, the disrupters, the violent ones did not!
First of all, I never said I hated anybody so stop making ignorant assumptions. Second, I don’t give a shit if a Nazi group got a permit, that doesn’t make them good people. Their message of hate and division is what I’m calling disgusting and un-American.

What a load of waffles we have there.

You would make a great politician, lots of words without saying anything. Do you agree or disagree that the right wingers had a permit or not?
I agree they had a permit. That does not make them good people. Their message is disgusting and unAmerican

First of all, I never said I hated anybody so stop making ignorant assumptions. Second, I don’t give a shit if a Nazi group got a permit, that doesn’t make them good people. Their message of hate and division is what I’m calling disgusting and un-American.
No one has a louder clearer message of hate and division than the democrat party!

1. The fake news MSM continually characterizes Trump's comment as "fine people" referring to both the "white supremacists and Neo-nazis" as well as the protesters.
2. Trump said "see the entire tape" and you will see that he actually said that the "fine people" was referring to was both debate sides over the removal of the Robert E. Lee statue. I saw the entire tape and Trump did say that he condemns Neo-nazis and white supremacists. He further clarified that Robert E. Lee was one of the greatest generals the US ever produced, and that his strategies are still studied and useful today.

The issue was the weak condemnation of the Nazis and pivot to trying to attack the ANTIFA protestors. Yes, good people on both sides was referring to the monument debate. When you look at how Trump goes after his enemies and then how he “went after” Nazis in this situation, where a women was killed, you see a stark difference. This is the major source of issue and concern amongst his opposers. Do you understand that?

We disagree on Trump's condemnation of the Neo-nazis and the white supremacists. I believe it was adequate. Obama's opposition of the Russian meddling in the 2016 election was "weak".

I'm opposed to taking down Confederate Statues. Does that make me a Neo-Nazi or a white supremacist?

No one has a louder clearer message of hate and division than the democrat party!
Way to pivot away from the conversation. Nice try

The issue was the weak condemnation of the Nazis and pivot to trying to attack the ANTIFA protestors. Yes, good people on both sides was referring to the monument debate. When you look at how Trump goes after his enemies and then how he “went after” Nazis in this situation, where a women was killed, you see a stark difference. This is the major source of issue and concern amongst his opposers. Do you understand that?

We disagree on Trump's condemnation of the Neo-nazis and the white supremacists. I believe it was adequate. Obama's opposition of the Russian meddling in the 2016 election was "weak".
Stop with the Obama pivots, it weakens your argument. Do you think Trump went after the Nazis with the same vigor as he does with his political enemies? Be honest

Stop with the Obama pivots, it weakens your argument. Do you think Trump went after the Nazis with the same vigor as he does with his political enemies? Be honest

How many angels on the head of a pin would it take for you to get that a condemnation is a condemnation. Is that number of angels more or less than Trump has political enemies?
You be honest now, is the MSM being honest reporting that Trump said that "good people on both sides at Charlottesville" referred to Neo-nazis and to their protesters? (hint: the answer is NO)

Way to pivot away from the conversation. Nice try
Not a pivot. A counter!

Forum List

Back