Trump claims to have coined the word "fake"

“I think one of the greatest of all terms I’ve come up with is ‘fake.’ I guess other people have used it, perhaps, over the years, but I’ve never noticed it."
-- Donald Trump

Just how -- I don't know what...arrogant, stupid, what...-- is that man?
Obviously the term "fake news" was originally coined to describe the wacky fabrications spewed by right wing sites like Breitbart, InfoWars and WND. The Republicans were successfully able to commandeer the term because of Trump's White House/Twitter bully pulpit.

Partisans do that when they're stung by a term, they work to use the term against the other "side" to dilute its effectiveness against them. The Left has done the same with "snowflake", illustrating once again how similar the two ends can be in their behaviors.

But calling Trump a liar is a little problematic for me. The term means you're purposely saying something that you know isn't true. That would also mean, then, that he has and understands the facts. It may just be that he just makes shit up as he goes, - whether he understands it or not - peppers it with some goofy hyperbole and blurts it out.

So I don't know if that really qualifies as "lying" in the classic sense.

Oh well, who knows.
I hate this defense of trump. No he doesn't believe it. Yes he knows he's lying.

As we found out in Las Vegas. Yes you can be educated, smart, financially successful, crazy and evil ~ all at the very same time.
One can, but Trump isn't all of those things.
You are lucky I am compassionate and only posted the small hands list

“I think one of the greatest of all terms I’ve come up with is ‘fake.’ I guess other people have used it, perhaps, over the years, but I’ve never noticed it."
-- Donald Trump

Obviously the term "fake news" was originally coined to describe the wacky fabrications spewed by right wing sites like Breitbart, InfoWars and WND. The Republicans were successfully able to commandeer the term because of Trump's White House/Twitter bully pulpit.

Partisans do that when they're stung by a term, they work to use the term against the other "side" to dilute its effectiveness against them. The Left has done the same with "snowflake", illustrating once again how similar the two ends can be in their behaviors.

But calling Trump a liar is a little problematic for me. The term means you're purposely saying something that you know isn't true. That would also mean, then, that he has and understands the facts. It may just be that he just makes shit up as he goes, - whether he understands it or not - peppers it with some goofy hyperbole and blurts it out.

Oh well, who knows.
I hate this defense of trump. No he doesn't believe it. Yes he knows he's lying.

As we found out in Las Vegas. Yes you can be educated, smart, financially successful, crazy and evil ~ all at the very same time.
One can, but Trump isn't all of those things.
You are lucky I am compassionate and only posted the small hands list
Then I shall count my lucky stars, as it were. LOL

Not to be outdone, Sarah invented a new word too! It must run in the family.

Sanders refers to him as President Chirp - starts at 1:08

Last edited:
It is getting harder to give him a pass & the time to learn how government is suppose to work. we never talk about the people he has put in charge & how they are doing there job. picking the best people who know how to do the job would seem to be the true test of real or fake governing.

-- Donald Trump

His most telling phrase to date. "I've never noticed it." Either he has and is telling lie #2,356 or he hasn't and is so narcissistic he lives in a word only found inside his skull.

Either way it is something a team of psychiatrists should be working on, not the rest of the world.

upload_2017-10-8_10-31-24.png

-- Donald Trump

Oh well, who knows.

It's depressing to know that the average voter is so easily played by meaningless trigger words. Is it any surprise that Trump and Clinton were the choices we were left with?
Bingo. The "leaders" a society chooses are a reflection of that society.

Not good.

-- Donald Trump

Oh well, who knows.

It's not a defense, I admit that I don't know. Whichever one it is, it ain't good.

The first person to mention 'fake news' in the last campaign was ... Hillary.

fake-news-media-Hillary-Clinton-Jill-Stein-Mark-Zuckerberg-Facebook-Pizzagate-Russia-hacked-election-political-correctness.jpg

Ironic ... as she herself was the chief producer and peddler of fake news during and after the campaign.

Forum List

Back